Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2014 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier II: Season 2

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: 2014 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier II: Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    On the trade front, I've tried to make a couple deals but haven't gotten responses (though perhaps that's some subtle commentary on my offers? )

But no smack talk from me as of yet. Honestly, until last week's 142 point outburst, I was becoming relatively convinced that my team would never manage to limp its way into the mid-90's! Now I just need a few more datapoints to see where the anomaly lies . . . Here's hoping!!

Well you've stabilized at 2-2 and are primed to make a run with that loaded team, although you've got a tough matchup this week. You've got to be happy about Charles return last week, man he looked good!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hey boys,

I just found this thread! Interesting season so far, surprising how crappy most of the 1st round picks have performed so far.

Good luck the rest of the way.

The Nickel City

Dobber Sports Icon

Good luck to you too Nickel City! I'm "Sam I Am On IR", btw, which is still an appropriate team name given Bradford is sitting at home after that awful season-ending injury.

This has been the craziest NFL season ever, without a doubt, when it comes to off-field scandals coupled with injuries or just plain terrible starts from superstars, and then the occasional "Donnell" explosion or huge points from injury replacement players. And it's causing fantasy performances to be a crapshoot.

Big start from the Pack last night, happy about Jordy Nelson continuing his torrid pace, and Astapor Unsullied has Rodgers but the damage there was contained since they sat him for most of the 4th quarter. That matchup should be a barnburner this week.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Alright, some chatter in the Tier II thread!
    Love it boys!

(I had Jordy Nelson on my roster too, with his 12.6pt catch! That's about as good as a 1-catch night can go!!!)

Dobber Sports Icon

Here's my "4 weeks in" take on this league.

In my opinion, the teams to beat are ‘Bout That Action (great QB, top 3 WRs and RB depth), Nickel City (DeMurray AND LeVeon?! If ever CJ gets rolling, watch out) and Andreas K (Lynch/Morris, although lack of depth at RB beyond them may hurt him).

The other teams are all competitive but have potential gaps:

- My team (Sam I Am On IR) has the “Adrian Peterson” problem and Gore / Doug Martin is not what I wanted to see as my 1-2 RB punch, will put pressure on my QB/WR combo (which I think is pretty good).

- Astapor faces potential injury issues (Gronk, Foster) and his RB depth is limited, although I fully expect McCoy to revert to normal form which can help.

- Burgundy’s Beard – sick sick SICK WR corps, but Tom Brady, ouch, and that RB corps is iffy.

- Evil Empire – great QB, good RB combo, but unspectacular WR crew.

- Goon Squad – Luck carrying him, suspect WR corps and RB solid but questionable after Lacy/Bernard.

- MounD – Great pieces in Manning and DThomas, but the rest of his squad will find it tough to compete week in week out, bet he can’t wait for Josh Gordon’s return.

- Porter’s Team – Like this squad, but unless Gerhart steps up his RB situation is not good and his WR corps is not high end enough to make up for it.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yeah, it's getting to the point where I'm going to have to move a WR for a QB or RB. I was giving Brady a few weeks leeway but yeah...he's done. Miller has turned out like I hoped he would but the ATL situation never turned into a decent option, Knile was good for a couple of weeks, Brown has been disappointing since taking over at the #1 back in SD and Bell has been disappointing as well.

I'm all in hockey mode now in doing/preparing for drafts but will start making offers after this week to get back in the game.

Andreas's K's team here. Pretty good analysis. I agree about my RB depth. If one goes down, I could be in real trouble. Even on Lynch's bye week last week, I had to plug in Shonn Green and he did sweet eff all for me. But I still managed a win. So I think that says something about my team. I'm 2-2, but I also have the highest point total. So I've had a bit of bad luck. Going against the team who picked up Packers defense an hour before gametime last night lol. So my bad luck might continue this week.

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Here's my "4 weeks in" take on this league.

In my opinion, the teams to beat are ‘Bout That Action (great QB, top 3 WRs and RB depth), Nickel City (DeMurray AND LeVeon?! If ever CJ gets rolling, watch out) and Andreas K (Lynch/Morris, although lack of depth at RB beyond them may hurt him).

The other teams are all competitive but have potential gaps:

- My team (Sam I Am On IR) has the “Adrian Peterson” problem and Gore / Doug Martin is not what I wanted to see as my 1-2 RB punch, will put pressure on my QB/WR combo (which I think is pretty good).

- Astapor faces potential injury issues (Gronk, Foster) and his RB depth is limited, although I fully expect McCoy to revert to normal form which can help.

- Burgundy’s Beard – sick sick SICK WR corps, but Tom Brady, ouch, and that RB corps is iffy.

- Evil Empire – great QB, good RB combo, but unspectacular WR crew.

- Goon Squad – Luck carrying him, suspect WR corps and RB solid but questionable after Lacy/Bernard.

- MounD – Great pieces in Manning and DThomas, but the rest of his squad will find it tough to compete week in week out, bet he can’t wait for Josh Gordon’s return.

- Porter’s Team – Like this squad, but unless Gerhart steps up his RB situation is not good and his WR corps is not high end enough to make up for it.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BC Oiler View Post
    Andreas's K's team here. Pretty good analysis. I agree about my RB depth. If one goes down, I could be in real trouble. Even on Lynch's bye week last week, I had to plug in Shonn Green and he did sweet eff all for me. But I still managed a win. So I think that says something about my team. I'm 2-2, but I also have the highest point total. So I've had a bit of bad luck. Going against the team who picked up Packers defense an hour before gametime last night lol. So my bad luck might continue this week.
    Yeah, that was a total last minute roll of the dice, inspired mostly by shuddering at the sight of your Seahawks D/ST poised to feast on Washington this weekend. It ended up working out, but we'll see what impact it has on the overall match up. There's an awful lot of firepower in that lineup of yours!

Was able to jump out quick but now must try like hell to hold on....
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

The Yahoo recap had a nice summary of how this season has been shaping up for me:

Game Notes
    Maybe the league is colluding against them. All four of the losses for Burgundy's Beard this season have come when their opponent scores higher than their season average.
    Just like the Eagles' "Dream Team" of 2011, Burgundy's Beard has underachieved lately. They scored 68.14 points against a projected 105.56 and has underachieved for five straight weeks.

Dobber Sports Veteran

mounD jumping out quick this week with a nice Thursday night performance from Ivory. Ruh roh! Stupid Pats.

Assuming the Peyton/Demaryius combo doesn't completely eat my lunch, maybe this comes down to a battle of the streaming D/STs this week -- Cleveland v. Buffalo. Should be a good one! Good luck, man.

W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post

...Assuming the Peyton/Demaryius combo doesn't completely eat my lunch....
    Safe to say that didn't play out. LOL. Congrats, mounD! Nice win.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Burgundy View Post
    Yeah, it's getting to the point where I'm going to have to move a WR for a QB or RB. I was giving Brady a few weeks leeway but yeah...he's done. Miller has turned out like I hoped he would but the ATL situation never turned into a decent option, Knile was good for a couple of weeks, Brown has been disappointing since taking over at the #1 back in SD and Bell has been disappointing as well.

I'm all in hockey mode now in doing/preparing for drafts but will start making offers after this week to get back in the game.
    Burgundy, made you an offer, give it a yea/nay/counter when you get the chance. And good luck this week against my buddy Mike (Dejeanneret).

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Burgundy, made you an offer, give it a yea/nay/counter when you get the chance. And good luck this week against my buddy Mike (Dejeanneret).
    Hey, hey, hey.... I think I'm the one who needs a little luck wished my way. Really need a win this week to stay in the playoff hunt. Just hoping the boys are ready to go and recovered from whatever shell shock sets in after having a 160 spot dropped on you! LOL!!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

After 9 weeks in Tier II:

*1 Astapor Unsullied 8-1-0 1010.36
    2 THE Nickel City 6-3-0 904.78
    3 Sam I Am On IR 6-3-0 861.28
    4 Goon Squad 6-3-0 810.70
    5 Porter's Team 5-4-0 852.46
    6 'Bout That Action 4-5-0 933.06
    7 Burgundy's Beard 3-6-0 886.50
    8 The Dirty Randys 3-6-0 827.38
    9 Evil Empire 2-7-0 788.48
    10 mounD 2-7-0 778.86

Have the playoff six been established for this league?
    Could be a fight for that #6 spot.

Astapor looking like a strong candidate to win the regular season and lock in his promotion to Tier I next year.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

After 12 weeks in Tier II:

*1 Astapor Unsullied 11-1-0 1339.16
    *2 Sam I Am On IR 9-3-0 1178.96
    *3 Goon Squad 9-3-0 1173.76

*4 'Bout That Action 6-6-0 1191.28
    *5 THE Nickel City 6-6-0 1177.60

6 Porter's Team 5-7-0 1113.10
    -----CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYOFFS CUTOFF----

7 The Dirty Randys 4-8-0 1144.38
    8 mounD 4-8-0 1105.30

9 Burgundy's Beard 3-9-0 1121.32
    10 Evil Empire 3-9-0 1046.54

Summary:
    *Congratulations to the Astapor Unsullied. With a 11-1 record, they have clinched 1st overall in the regular season. Tier I looks forward to having the Unsullied (GM: Dobers31) invited up for next year!
    *Just five points separates #2 from #3... and that's a valuable #2 spot as that team will get a first round BYE.
    *Five of the six playoff spots are locked in, with one battle left.

Three teams will fight it out for that 6th playoff spot in the championships.
    Porter's Team controls his own destiny and should have a win against the #9 Burgundy's Beard. Win... and they are in.
    If they slip, the Dirty Randy's have enough points to jump them with a win... but will need to take down the #1 Astapor Unsullied.
    And still lurking is... mounD... he'll have to beat #2 Sam I Am on IR... who will be fielding a full team looking to qualify for that #2 BYE - where they are battling with Goon Squad.

Great season boys, and still more to play!
    Looking forward to it!!!