Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fans petitioning to get Weird Al in for the Superbowl Halftime Show!

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Fans petitioning to get Weird Al in for the Superbowl Halftime Show!

Man, wouldn't this simply be awesome if they could pull this off!

http://globalnews.ca/news/1496272/fa...halftime-show/

TORONTO — A petition to have Weird Al Yankovic perform at the Super Bowl halftime show had reached nearly 46,000 signatures by Thursday morning.

Ed Ball posted a petition on change.org urging the NFL to hire the satirical singer as headliner at the Super Bowl XLIX halftime show.

“The songs of artists that he is parodying could join him on stage to accompany, as well as other surprise appearances from well-known actors/actresses, adding more prestige and star power. The theatrics alone would be hilarious and a welcoming change, and draw a wider audience of fans that typically would not tune into the championship game or half-time show.”

Ball admitted he came up with the petition after a few drinks but added: “I would get the same gratification seeing Weird Al perform at the Super Bowl even if I was sober.”

There has been no comment yet from Yankovic or the NFL.

A Super Bowl appearance would top off a great year for Yankovic, whose new album Mandatory Fun hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200.

Last month, the 54-year-old musician unveiled videos for his parodies of “Happy” (“Tacky”), “Royals” (“Foil”) and “Blurred Lines” (“Word Crimes”).

Super Bowl XLIX is set for Feb. 1 in Arizona.

Recent Super Bowl halftime show performers include Bruno Mars, Beyonce and Madonna.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Fans petitioning to get Weird Al in for the Superbowl Halftime Show!

I like him and what he does, but I don't think he's Superbowl material. Not that the half-time show matters.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Fans petitioning to get Weird Al in for the Superbowl Halftime Show!

Might make me watch my first superbowl halftime show.

Dobber Sports Deity

Its all about entertainment and I think this would be awesome to see!

Could it really get any worse?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

It would actually be a decent call by the NFL.
    I mean... it's Super Bowl 49... that's a good number to take a risk on.

If people like his show, well BOOM, the NFL made a good move.
    If people don't like his show, well... it sets the bar nice and low for Super Bowl "L" (50).

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I never watch the halftime show, but this would probably make me go from having it on in the background while I do other things to changing the channel.

Also, 46000 signatures out of Toronto is nothing lol

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I never watch the halftime show, but this would probably make me go from having it on in the background while I do other things to changing the channel.

Also, 46000 signatures out of Toronto is nothing lol
    Well, its up to 53K+ signatures now. This thing is growing. LOL!

http://www.change.org/petitions/nfl-...-halftime-show

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Its all about entertainment and I think this would be awesome to see!

Could it really get any worse?
    Yes... it has been worse! lol

Wasn't sure what I thought about it at first...but maybe it would actully get the Male fans watching rather than stepping away from their TV during the show. But would the ladies like it as much as a Beyonce or J.T. or Bruno?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Their goal is 75000. Why? To have any impact on the halftime show they would have to accumulate numbers in the millions, not less than 100,000

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i think this all started on reddit, i love wierd al but come on, the circlejerk has gone on far too long. #1 billboard is good enough, but then again i guess he can't be any worse than the black eyed peas.

Dobber Sports Star

Maybe Weird Al will show a nipple...

Dobber Sports Master

Two words: DO IT!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    Maybe Weird Al will show a nipple...
    Beat me to it... i wonder how he would do a cover of Justin / Janet and nipplegate
    12 Team Keeper (keep 14)
    G,A,+/-,PIMS, GWG, W,SA, SO

C - Seguin, Monahan, RNH
    RW - Mackinnon, Duchene, Hornqvist
    LW -Hoffman, Marleau, Panik,
    D - Fowler, Hedman, Ristolainen, Barrie, Klefbom, Goligoski
    Util - Coyle, Tatar, Little, Ladd,
    Goalie - Rask, Varly
    , Grubauer, Forsberg, Bobby Lou

2013/2014 League Champion

Dobber Sports Ace

I would love this, much better than a stupid boy band

Dobber Sports Prodigy

They will never do this, the whole point of the half time show is that it appeals to the women watching it with their guys, the women want to see the costumes and the performance and hear artists they like to listen to

How many chicks do you know who get wet for Weird Al?

Noway in a million years
    12 Team Yahoo H2H
    G A PIM +/- PPP SHP HITS GWG
    W GAA S% SO
    C: Tavares,Giroux,Kopitar,Stepan
    LW: Benn, Kunitz, Lupul, Elias
    RW: Eberle, Wheeler, Hornqvist
    D: Giordano, Yandle, Barrie, Carlson, Zidlicky
    G: Niemi, Bishop