Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ryan O'Reilly Vs Mark Scheifele

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Ryan O'Reilly Vs Mark Scheifele

Looking at either of these players as my final keeper in a league that counts G/A/PPP/SOG/+-/FW/BLKS. Initially I had just figured on taking Scheifele as I am in the middle of a rebuild but now I am beginning to re-think this. What do people think?

Does Scheifele have a higher ceiling then O'Reilly?
    What do people see as the point production for these to over then next few season?
    When (assuming that he does) will Scheifele surpass O'Reilly?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Ryan O'Reilly Vs Mark Scheifele

Next year I think RoR, after that Scheifele.. So I would keep Scheifele... Thinking I'll be in the minority.

Dobber Sports Genius

I don't think a rebuild should factor into your decision, as they're only two years apart.
    In my opinion Scheifele has the higher upside. I don't think we'll see that this coming season, quite possibly not even next. After that I would expect Scheifele to better ROR each season.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would also take Scheifele. As plug said, O'Reilly will outproduce him next year (and maybe the year after), but Scheifele does have the higher ceiling + you have FW as a scoring category. Scheifele could outproduce O'Reilly in 2 years and will outproduce him in 3.
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin

Dobber Sports Stud

O'Reilly has shown he can get 60+ points in the nhl. Not that many players actually achieve that. And he should always do fairly well in +/-.

Honestly, I don't see this as close at all.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yeah - O'Reilly all day long for me - Scheifele has shown nothing in the NHL - ROR is a 60+ point forward.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Ace

Another vote for O'Reilly. Riding shot gun to either Duchene or MacKinnon as well as first wave PP duties. Scheifele's got to work his way past Bryan Little, with less fire power then Colorado to work with.

Dobber Sports Expert

I'd go with O'Reilly also.

Scheifele might have a higher ceiling, but I would bet that he'll never reach it and settles with the production you're getting with O'Reilly for the next 3 seasons atleast.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I like keeping sure bets and consistency. Some risks at times are encouraged, but not this risk. ROR is the right decision at this time for your keeper spot. Colorado offense is getting nasty and he's a big cog in what they got going on. Scheifele has his upside but in this case, right now you take ROR.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbus-Maple Leafs View Post
    Looking at either of these players as my final keeper in a league that counts G/A/PPP/SOG/+-/FW/BLKS. Initially I had just figured on taking Scheifele as I am in the middle of a rebuild but now I am beginning to re-think this. What do people think?

Does Scheifele have a higher ceiling then O'Reilly?
    What do people see as the point production for these to over then next few season?
    When (assuming that he does) will Scheifele surpass O'Reilly?

Dobber Sports Stud

RoR forever and always. He could hit 70, which is something I don't see coming in Scheif.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

RoR

Dobber Sports Deity

Scheifele for me. I think he could quickly catch and possibly even surpass ROR this year and if not, then next year for sure.

Scheifele was playing in a 3rd line role last year and will get a lot more opportunities this year.

In a league that counts FOW, I will always roll with the center especially if I think their overall numbers could end up being close (which is the case here). The FOW alone makes him a valuable piece in your league.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

I don't see a lot of Schiefele (World Juniors, the odd Jets game) but I have never seen anything that has impressed me or that leads me to believe he will ever reach what RoR has already done. Take the known commodity here as Schiefele's upside likely isn't that much higher then RoR even if he does reach it.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    Yeah - O'Reilly all day long for me - Scheifele has shown nothing in the NHL - ROR is a 60+ point forward.
    This... this right here.

I had my response in my head before I read the thread... I don't need to read any further. Schef...unfortunately... has done NOTHING to exicte me in the big show yet. ROR has.

ROR all day long for me...no 2nd thoughts.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    This... this right here.

I had my response in my head before I read the thread... I don't need to read any further. Schef...unfortunately... has done NOTHING to exicte me in the big show yet. ROR has.

ROR all day long for me...no 2nd thoughts.
    Well of course he hasn't done much in the show yet. Last year was his first full big league season and WPG sheltered his minutes.

You guys are all going to be scratching your heads sooner rather than later and saying to yourself, "I guess I didn't see that coming" as far as Scheifele goes.

The FOW are a big thing too. Anyone who plays in a multi-cat league that has FOW will know that that component of his game alone makes his value go up compared to a winger (O'Reilly is a winger now).

We are all entitled to our opinions but I think most of you are missing out on this one.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."