Thread: Iginla & Quick for Backes & Bernier

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Iginla & Quick for Backes & Bernier

I'm looking to solidify my keeper forwards and may potentially have this deal on the table:

My Quick & Iginla for his Bernier & Backes. It's for the league and team in sig. Backes would replace Iggy as my final keeper. I was targeting Bernier due to Toronto's comfortable fantasy playoff schedule (facing weak teams), and am always open to trading away goalies in H2H to get a player upgrade.

Any thoughts?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Iginla & Quick for Backes & Bernier

No pim bonus? Give me quick and iggy's finally few years!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    No pim bonus? Give me quick and iggy's finally few years!
    There's hits though. I'll take Backes/Bernier easily. Better skater over the goalies, who I don't think are that far apart. Combine that with high goaltending fluctuation year to year, more miles on Quick, and less reliability on goaltending in H2H, and that small downgrade to Bernier doesn't mean much to me.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    I'm looking to solidify my keeper forwards and may potentially have this deal on the table:

My Quick & Iginla for his Bernier & Backes. It's for the league and team in sig. Backes would replace Iggy as my final keeper. I was targeting Bernier due to Toronto's comfortable fantasy playoff schedule (facing weak teams), and am always open to trading away goalies in H2H to get a player upgrade.

Any thoughts?
    It's a good thing to consider the final three weeks for your playoff schedule but I'd do it closer to the deadline if anything. You know who I had sitting DTD for my playoff final in one of my leagues? Jonathan Bernier. I now it could happen to any goalie, but I'm just saying

Plus the Leafs goalie situation isn't the safest bet just yet. Reimer is still poking around and wants to play so who knows how that shakes out. There's no way Jones steals starts from Quick. LA's schedule down the stretch is also pretty decent.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I will have to agree with Havana Blast. Backes is better in hits and Blk, but probably can't be expected to put up the points he did last year. I would say you are looking at a -10 pt spread between him and Iggy.
    I think quick is an overrated goalie, but he plays on a powerhouse team and I would expect him to be slightly better then league average. Toronto didn't significantly improve in the offseason, so I would expect Bernier to continue to get peppered with shots, but win less and allow more goals
    12 team, yahoo H2H Daily starts, keep 10
    G,A,+/-,Hits,PPP,SHP,SOG. W,SV%,SV,GAA,SHO
    2C,2LW,2RW,1Util,4D,2G
    C-RNH,
    LW-Benn,Kane, Drouin
    RW-Kessel,Ovechkin, Simmonds
    D-
    G-Lundqvist, Howard Gibson

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'd sit tight on what you have.
    Quick is an overrated goalie that will out play Bernier...and most of the other goalies in the league.
    I like Backes but i agree with agoodburn that he will regress a bit. Not saying Iggy won't but you can't count out a 12 time 30+ goal scorer.
    It's close but having Quick, Price and Anderson, even in H2H is solid.
    In an 8 team keeper there will will a lot available at the draft, pick up a pins/hit guy then.