Thread: Potential Trade

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Potential Trade

My Seguin/Max Pac for his Ovechkin/Strome/Silfverberg. I'd have to drop either Markstrome or Bowey to make room for the 3rd player. Is this a good trade for me? I'm leaning towards no. opinions.
    20 team keeper
    G=1.7 A=1
    Def G=2.5 A=1.5
    Hits, BS, SOG, +/-= .1
    maj (+1) SHPTs (+1)

Centers: T. Hertl/R.N.H/P. Zacha/W. Karlsson/J. Kotkaniemi/T. Zegras
    Wings: A. Burakovsky/A. Mantha/R. Rickell/A. Duclair/
    Defense: J. Drysdale/O.E.L/R. Pulock/D. Fabbro/J. Schultz/M. Ferraro
    Goalies: R. Lehner
    Prospects: R. Damiani/A. Raty/R. Suzuki/R. Amirov/N. Chibrikov/J. Perreault/A. Volkov/D. Farrance/F. Gustavsson/L. Dostal

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Potential Trade

I wouldn't do this personally. Ovi is still Ovi, but I do have concerns over his production, especially the +\-. Seguin busted out in a big way last year and I think he will continue that kind of production for many years to come. Strome has upside, but I would go with the proven Max Pac over either him or Silfverberg.
    YEAR ONE OF THE REBUILD

12 Team Keeper League with Salary Cap: C - ; W - ; D - Chabot, Gardiner; G -

Farm: F - L. Brown, Dauphin, Hayden, Heponiemi, Krebs, Newhook, Suzuki, Thomas, Zegras; D - Byram, Dahlin, Heiskanen, T.Smith; G - Dipietro, C.Gibson, Luukkonen

Count Pts, +/-, W, SO

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd keep Seguin and Pac

What if the trade is ovi/Strome for Seguin/H Samuelsson? This was what I originally suggested.
    20 team keeper
    G=1.7 A=1
    Def G=2.5 A=1.5
    Hits, BS, SOG, +/-= .1
    maj (+1) SHPTs (+1)

Prospects: R. Damiani/A. Raty/R. Suzuki/R. Amirov/N. Chibrikov/J. Perreault/A. Volkov/D. Farrance/F. Gustavsson/L. Dostal

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by ptaylorgoon View Post
    My Seguin/Max Pac for his Ovechkin/Strome/Silfverberg. I'd have to drop either Markstrome or Bowey to make room for the 3rd player. Is this a good trade for me? I'm leaning towards no. opinions.
    In a 20 team keeper league with those cats and scoring I would be taking this deal. Am I not seeing something here?
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

I think the biggest thing for me is trading away 2 proven scorers for Ovi with a new coach and 2 guys that "could" be great but have yet to prove so (the reason I traded Strome to this other owner in the first place).
    20 team keeper
    G=1.7 A=1
    Def G=2.5 A=1.5
    Hits, BS, SOG, +/-= .1
    maj (+1) SHPTs (+1)

Dobber Sports Stud

Your stats are catered towards Ovi pretty nicely at this point with goals hits and SOG.

On the flip side, Seguin is no slouch in SOG and I wouldn't be surprised to see him flirt with 300. Ovi trumps in hits and goals, but Seguin will give you better longevity and consistency IMO. Some people (myself included) think Ovi's reckless play is catching up with him sooner than later. Personally I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of his first down season.

Strome and Samuelsson are a crap shoot. I can't really say how Strome will transition to the NHL, but I like Samuelsson's pro potential. He's gonna hit A LOT, which is more than can be said for Strome. Samuelsson could also chip in a few major penalties for you (he had 3 last season) but thats not really a big deal if it's only 1 point each lol. I could see both being 60 point players (though some people think Strome will go higher than that) but Samuelsson will get the hits. He chucks a lot of rubber at the net too but we don't know how that will translate either.

All in all, I'd stick with Seguin unless you want to make some noise for the next 2-3 years.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Based on your league makeup and stats... I think what you "may" be missing with losing Ovie... Seguin will very soon make up. Don't discount that Seg's Benn duo. Give me Segs side over Ovie!

I'm not sure what Strome is doing in there. I see acquiring Ovi as an "I'm going for it now" kind of move and I don't think Strome will do too much for you this year. I also don't think the rest of your team is strong enough to make a push for it this year, but I could be wrong there - you've probably got a better idea of where you'll finish than me. I think you'd make a better push trading a few prospects for a quality depth winger. Seguin and Patches both play to the emphasis on goals so a team centered around those two could have a bright future.

I've got another offer (similar) from the other guy. His Ovi/Lucic/Strome for my Seguin/Maxpac/Samuelsson. I view this one as very close with the scoring cats in our league (Lucic is a stud cuz of hits). I still don't like giving up Seguin but I feel Ovi/Lucic in the short term will easily be as productive as Seguin/Maxpac. Strome has more upside than Samuelsson.
    20 team keeper
    G=1.7 A=1
    Def G=2.5 A=1.5
    Hits, BS, SOG, +/-= .1
    maj (+1) SHPTs (+1)