Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Huberdeau Trade

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Huberdeau Trade

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Ryker View Post
    With just 1 goalie I would not do this deal. I would stick with Andrseon / Lehner and keep Huberdeau.

You diminish value if you had Allen to go with Lehner and Anderson as you have to spread starts around in 1G setting.
    I disagree. The fact that your only two goalies are Anderson and Lehner makes this a much more attractive offer IMO. While Allen will not start 60 games this year he could get 40, and I would play him every time he starts over Andy/Lehner, almost regardless of opponent. Ottawa is going to be in for a rough time this season and their goalies will not benefit. Allen is likely to be sheltered this year with Elliott getting the toughest games. Going into next year and beyond with Allen and Lehner as your Gs will give you a great tandem to ride for the next decade if you wish. Hubs has done little to excite me. While he will improve as he ages and as Florida plays better hockey, I think the guy you get with the 3rd pick this year will be just as good of a long-term prospect. Given your G situation, I would practically be jumping for joy at this offer. Add the fact your D corps lacks star power and the very good chance that Ekblad will be sitting there at your pick, and I am sold. Pull the trigger.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Huberdeau Trade

RUN!!!!!!
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.