Thread: Sproul

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Sproul

Any reason why sproul never makes the cut on dobbers top prospect list? Should I look at replacing him with honka, matheson or severson?
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Sproul

Quote Originally Posted by Noddes55 View Post
    Any reason why sproul never makes the cut on dobbers top prospect list? Should I look at replacing him with honka, matheson or severson?

Not gonna speak for Dobber, but I see the logic. Honka is probably just as far out, but has more upside. Matheson and Severson are simply closer to making an impact. I watch alot of Matheson, because I go to alot of BC games and hes gonna be a factor in 1-2 years IMO. Severson is probably the closest to the NHL out of all 3.

I see all guys having similar upside, with Honka having the most. With Ouellet ahead of Sproul and Detroit's consistently patient approach with young guys, one would have to assume Sproul is 2-3 years away from full time NHL duty, thus putting him behind those 3.

I actually agree with Dobber on topic, and I like Sproul alot. Just think hes still a ways off.
    20 Team $$ Dynasty League (23 man roster, 27 man minor roster) w/Salary Cap at $80M on Fantrax **1 Time Champ

G, A, P, +/-, PP, SHP, Hits, Blocks, Wins, Save%, SV, GAA. *1 goalie starts

C - Couture, Kadri, Anisimov, Dvorak
    LW - Marchand, JT Miller, Grabner, Hartman, Duclair
    RW - Duchene, Oshie, Silfverberg, J.Williams
    D - Ristolainen, S.Jones, Martinez, De Haan, Del Zotto, Chychrun, Carlo
    G - Lundqvist, F.Andersen, Raanta
    Minors - Meier, Barbashev, Barber, F.Perron, Heinen, Cholowski, T.Motte, Quenneville, Beaudin, Novak, Sissons, V.Dunn, Lauzon, Hogberg

I...am your father.

Sproul is getting closer. I think the best description of his place in fantasy hockey is via the Prospects Report:

Capture.PNG

Sproul is currently ranked 41. But think about it - he will end up taking four or five years after he was drafted to get to the Wings, and then you're looking at another three or four before his points are fantasy worthwhile. So that's why I wasn't hyping him two years ago after strong junior seasons, or last year, or even really this year. I'm not a fan of waiting. We saw how long Kronwall took, and how long Smith is taking. Now apply that to Sproul

The other names you mention - Matheson may start putting up decent points earlier and Honka is almost a guaranteed NHLer on a team that needs his skill set and he could put up decent fantasy points within three seasons
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Sproul is getting closer. I think the best description of his place in fantasy hockey is via the Prospects Report:

Capture.PNG

Sproul is currently ranked 41. But think about it - he will end up taking four or five years after he was drafted to get to the Wings, and then you're looking at another three or four before his points are fantasy worthwhile. So that's why I wasn't hyping him two years ago after strong junior seasons, or last year, or even really this year. I'm not a fan of waiting. We saw how long Kronwall took, and how long Smith is taking. Now apply that to Sproul

The other names you mention - Matheson may start putting up decent points earlier and Honka is almost a guaranteed NHLer on a team that needs his skill set and he could put up decent fantasy points within three seasons
    You don't think the whole "being the only RHD" thing is gonna push him up sooner? I acquired him this year and it wasn't something I knew/considered at the time, but now it's something I can't help but attach to his ability to make the NHL and get good minutes.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    You don't think the whole "being the only RHD" thing is gonna push him up sooner? I acquired him this year and it wasn't something I knew/considered at the time, but now it's something I can't help but attach to his ability to make the NHL and get good minutes.
    If the team has 21 left-handed shots, which they do, then I don't think they much care if an untested and unready prospect shoots right.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Sproul isn't the only RHD close to the show. Marchenko is just as close, if not closer to being NHL ready. Not as offensively gifted, more of a two-way guy, but he's a more complete package than Sproul.
    GO WINGS!