Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: So all the hype about Nyquist..

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: So all the hype about Nyquist..

After sifting through the Troll Shit.

It's kind of everywhere when it comes to predictions bit I will put him (after the amount of educated opinions... Sorry this doesn't count the bird Shit posts) I will put nyquist from 50-60 safe zone.
    H2H 12 team 6 player Keeper League
    Goals/Assists/Points/PlusMinus/PPP/Pims/Hits/SOG
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C: Seguin, Stamkos, Couturier, Toews, Dzingel
    LW: Panarin, Rakell,Schmaltz, Bertuzzi, Haula
    RW: Tarasenko, Marner,Kucherov
    D: Hamilton, Klingberg, Schultz, Faulk, Ghost, Gustafson.
    G:Murray

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    and the debate is whether or not Nyquist has the ability to reach 30 goals next year

That's why

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    That's why
    My post probably had two points colliding in one post. My apologies.

In regards to the OP, 30 goals in 82 games played is an attainable number for Nyquist, even the Dobfather has him at 27 goals next year in the guide. If the expectation is that he will produce at a .49 goals/game clip (28 goals in 57 games last year) then consider him over rated. His shooting percentage will regress but he will see solid 2nd line 5 on 5 and PP minutes and if Detroits 1st PP goes cold or if Dats, Zett or Franzen get injured, Nyquist will likely be the first player in line to receive those minutes.

In regards to the bet 30 goals/82 games reduces the this number to a quantifiable figure. If Nyquist scores 29 goals in 58 games does that make him overhyped because he didn't reach the arbitrary number of 30 goals in a "year". Does next year also include the pre-season and playoffs?

Dobber Sports Stud

The Great Gustav IS the STAR on the Red Wings moving forward

old dats? broken down zetts? wake up people its the 14/15 season NOT 12/13 lmfao

Gus will be 1st line EVERYTHING

anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional

Dobber Sports Stud

In regards to the OP, 30 goals in 82 games played is an attainable number for Nyquist, even the Dobfather has him at 27 goals next year in the guide. If the expectation is that he will produce at a .49 goals/game clip (28 goals in 57 games last year) then consider him over rated. His shooting percentage will regress but he will see solid 2nd line 5 on 5 and PP minutes and if Detroits 1st PP goes cold or if Dats, Zett or Franzen get injured, Nyquist will likely be the first player in line to receive those minutes.

In regards to the bet 30 goals/82 games reduces the this number to a quantifiable figure. If Nyquist scores 29 goals in 58 games does that make him overhyped because he didn't reach the arbitrary number of 30 goals in a "year". Does next year also include the pre-season and playoffs?
    dobber has Gus at 27 goals

Forecaster has GUS at 38 goals

Gus is a STUD

period

Dobber Sports Stud

It does not include pre season and playoffs, just regular season. It's just a fun bet; if Gus scores 29 goals in 58 games and I lose ten bucks I don't really care cause I will have reaped many other rewards in my dynasty leagues

Dobber Sports Titan

It’ll be interesting how Babcock uses him. In the right situations he could get 30-40goals. He’s fast, strong, creative, good shot, young (durable), and has a coach that can put him in the right situations. The bad thing is tho, teams know who he is now. When he came into the league he flew past 3rd lines and 3rd line d-pairings. His conditioning is also a cause for concern. Come the last 2 weeks and playoffs he was invisible. 28 goals in 58 games is insane, but he was shooting like 18%.

http://thehockeywriters.com/gustav-n...scoring-spree/

Here’s an article on his scoring spree. Pretty cool to see how his numbers match up against top players.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It’ll be interesting how Babcock uses him. In the right situations he could get 30-40goals. He’s fast, strong, creative, good shot, young (durable), and has a coach that can put him in the right situations. The bad thing is tho, teams know who he is now. When he came into the league he flew past 3rd lines and 3rd line d-pairings. His conditioning is also a cause for concern. Come the last 2 weeks and playoffs he was invisible. 28 goals in 58 games is insane, but he was shooting like 18%.
    Not necessarily true. When he first got called up this season he was playing with Zetterberg so more often than not they were playing against very good D pairings. His QualComp was actually very high and was one of the highest among all Red Wings forwards for the season.

Dobber Sports Stud

lets keep this simple.

if ANYONE thinks this year 14/15 DET team is going to be led by old Dats and broken down ZETTS....your CRAZY

this team will be led by Gus WITH zetts and dats contributing. TATAR will shore up the scoring on the backend.

DETS top 2 goalscorers this season will be Gus and TA'supa'STAR

** i heard old mold alfie wants back for another year!!!!

thanks for the memories alf...now...go away already...go play for frolunda in sweden

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    lets keep this simple.

if ANYONE thinks this year 14/15 DET team is going to be led by old Dats and broken down ZETTS....your CRAZY

this team will be led by Gus WITH zetts and dats contributing. TATAR will shore up the scoring on the backend.

thanks for the memories alf...now...go away already...go play for frolunda in sweden
    Can't get anyone to bite eh?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Can't get anyone to bite eh?
    you did.....

EXCEPT im not trying to get anyone to bite. what ive said is true, no matter how it offends dats and zetts owners

and my guess is MOST know what im saying is true

Dobber Sports Deity

you did.....

EXCEPT im not trying to get anyone to bite. what ive said is true, no matter how it offends dats and zetts owners
    LOL! Trust me, I didn't bite. I just pointing out the obvious. Good try though. maybe try posting your view on it one more time.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    LOL! Trust me, I didn't bite. I just pointing out the obvious. Good try though. maybe try posting your view on it one more time.
    ok. here we go.

this is GUS's team moving forward

Dobber Sports Titan

lets keep this simple.

Dats has a 0.944PPG over the last 3 yrs and Zetterberg has a 0.95PPG over the last 3 yrs. They may not get 75 points each this yr, but I still say this team is led by them.

Tatar is a forward, so I don’t know if you get what the term “backend” means (defenseman).
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

ok. here we go.

this is GUS's team moving forward
    ...."Crickets...chip chip chip..."....