Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: So all the hype about Nyquist..

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: So all the hype about Nyquist..

I think that one of the reasons he dropped off toward the end is that with Datsyuk and Zetterberg out, other teams could key on him. With a full complement of healthy forwards, he won't get that kind of attention. I see 30 goals as quite doable.

20-team NHL cap keeper; auction salaries w/contracts; 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 3B, 18 farm
    H2H Cat Wins: G, A, Pts, 2G+A, DPts, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, FO%, STG, GWG, G Wins, GAA, Save %, ShO
    C: Stamkos, Toews, DRyan, Compher, Fisher, Haula
    LW: Lucic, Tkachuk, Eriksson Ek, Connor
    RW: Radulov, Tarasenko, JWilliams, Point, Callahan
    D: Braun, Del Zotto, McNabb, CMiller, Petry, Subban, Butcher
    G: Andersen, Rinne
    Farm: Anderson-Dolan, Beaudin, O?Regan, Suzuki, Kayumov, Bastian, Pu, Meloche, Pionk, Poolman, Montembault, Hill

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    No it doesn't. 30 goals is a lofty number. He had Rverything working for him last year. We. Ant just assume he I'll score 30 goals.
    He's not assuming, he said it is attainable, which it definitely is.
    It's not out of reach, but at the same time it isn't a given. Like petegreg21 has showed through numbers incredibly well, there is a good possibility he hits it and it's not like he needs a 25% shooting rate or 500 shots on net to get it.
    Main Squad: H2H Multicat Points
    10 Team 16 Keepers

G:3 A:2 +/-:1 PPP:0.5 PIM:0.25 Shot:0.2 Hit:0.2 Block:0.2
    W:3 SV:0.2 GA:-1 SO:3

3C 3LW 3RW 5D 2G 5 BENCH 2IR

C: Crosby, Malkin, Giroux, Getzlaf, Barkov
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Landeskog, E. Kane
    RW: Kessel, Perry, Hudler, Atkinson
    D: Letang, Carlson, Yandle, Rielly, Leddy
    G: Schneider, Rask, Anderson

Prospects (5)
    Vasilevski Burakovsky Bjorkstrand Dvorak Chychrun

Banned

I would say it's a lock that he doesn't score 30. Would bet a lot of money on it because nobody is even factoring in the sophomore slump.

Dobber Sports Ace

It's also a contract year ... extra motivation.

The guy has put up points everywhere he's played, and has been groomed in pure Motor City fashion. I think that if you acquire him this year expecting bif things, you leave the door open to dissapointment On the flip If you are able to be patient with him, I can't see how he won't be a 70 plus point producer. Now is the time to grab him.

Dobber Sports Stud

I would say it's a lock that he doesn't score 30. Would bet a lot of money on it because nobody is even factoring in the sophomore slump.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd say next year he gets 40 points or so.
    I agree that 30 goals is a lofty number indeed, but a 40 point projection for Nyquist is just way too low. Don't forget that when Zettergerg was healthy, those 2 were pretty much tied to the hip and I'm pretty confident it will be the case again next season. I say a 25G-30A season for Nyquist is easily reachable.

As for the possible sophomore slump, anybody have any historical data to support the possibility of a 25 year old (or older) sophomore being in a slump in his 2nd season? I say the possibility of this happening isn't very likely.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

One thing people aren't noticing is, if you bought the Guide, Nyquist's usage chart numbers were really good for a guy just starting out his career. First of all, he only had about 53% offensive zone starts, which is pretty average for a top 6 guy, and he had a +10 Corsi despite facing high QoC. So, assuming that he draws weaker matchups with a healthier team and his zone starts remain about stable, I don't see his production dropping much, even if his shooting % regresses. He also had a fairly average (though maybe a tad high) PDO at 1033; it might drop a tiny bit, but as his Corsi indicates, he's driving play very well, which means he's bound to have a slightly high PDO.

Personally, I think he's going to be roughly on pace to repeat last year's pace. I'd project about 65 points; right around 30 goals, 35 assists. If anything, I don't think this kid is getting enough hype. He basically got thrown into the deep end of the pool last year, and clearly showed he could swim. So, if Babcock has any respect for the kid's performance I think he's going to get a pretty long leash. I'd also bet he ends up on line 1 with one of Pav or Hank, while Tats plays line 2 with the other of those 2. Meanwhile Abdelkader and Franzen should take the other 2 wing slots.
    The League:
    11-teams, pts-only, no positional restrictions, top 12/20 count.
    1 in-season UFA (24+y/o), 3 round entry draft.
    Unlimited (24+y/o) off-season UFAs after the entry draft.

The Show:
    Crosby, Malkin, Kopitar, Eberle, Couture, Krejci, Subban, Simmonds, Hedman, Jokinen, Kesler, Barrie, Johansson

The Farm:
    MacKinnon, Toffoli, Bjugstad, Spooner, Zucker, Bjorkstrand, Jaskin

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I like Nyquist for high 50s to low 60s in points.
    30G-30A... +/-5pts.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Why are you guys even bothering with Ev's trolling? It's so blatantly obvious trolling. He's getting what he wants when you respond to his stupidity. He has quite clearly become tequila monster 2.0.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Nyqvist = 50 points........

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'll be honest - I dealt Nyquist this off-season, in a package that nabbed me Hossa and H. Sedin --> I am chasing a championship this year, but long-term I think the other GM made out like a bandit - Nyquist will be the real deal.

I think that some caution is due - look at Yakupov's red-hot finish to 2012-13: High shooting percentage nearly always leads to serious regression; 2014-15 may not be everything that Nyquist owners are hoping for - but I think that by mid 2015-16 Nyquist will be a Top 30 forward as far as fantasy hockey is concerned.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Banned

I'm trolling because I said I don't think a second year player is going to score 30 goals, which would have made him a top 30 goal scorer last year?

Thats like if I said Turris is a lock for 30 goals next year. I bet I would be shat on for that.

What's wrong with you people? This is the last straw.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'm trolling because I said I don't think a second year player is going to score 30 goals, which would have made him a top 30 goal scorer last year?

Thats like if I said Turris is a lock for 30 goals next year. I bet I would be shat on for that.

What's wrong with you people? This is the last straw.
    This is the last straw? What does that mean? Lol. The anticipation is killing me!!!!!

Banned

No it doesn't. 30 goals is a lofty number. He had everything working for him last year. We can't just assume he Will score 30 goals.
    Yet you think we're all ******ed for questioning whether Turris can get 60-70 pts this year

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Why are you guys even bothering with Ev's trolling? It's so blatantly obvious trolling. He's getting what he wants when you respond to his stupidity. He has quite clearly become tequila monster 2.0.
    Oh my, not even close IMO. At least you can have a decent discourse with Ev.

I can see Nyquist hitting 60 give or take. I'd be comfortable buying him as a 50 point guy at this point.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...