Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 121

Thread: So all the hype about Nyquist..

  1. #1
    Location
    Edmonton
    Rep Power
    11

    Dobber Sports Apprentice

    Default So all the hype about Nyquist..

    Since the Nyquist hype train has slowed down since the playoffs, I am curious on where we put his production at next season?
    Do we consider him being on the top line with zetts and dats?

    If I were to guess he will be second line and 1st PP
    H2H 14 team 8 player Keeper League
    Goals/Assists/Points/PlusMinus/PPP/Pims/Hits/SOG
    Wins/GAA/SV%

    C: Seguin, Giroux, Stamkos, Malkin, Zetterberg
    LW: Benn, Skinner,Neil, Larkin
    RW: Carter, Tarasenko, Williams
    D: Letang, Krug, Giordano, Gostisbehere, Barrie
    G:Holtby, Hellebuyck

    -----
    16 Team H2H 10 Player Keeper
    Goals/Assists/Points/PPP/PIM/Hits/SOG (Pts to be added 2015-16)
    W/GAA/SV%/SO

    C: Getzlaf, Johanson, Tavares,
    LW: Hall, Parise, Martin
    RW: Wheeler, Okposo, Boedker
    D: Carlson,Karlsson,Klingberg, Gudas
    G: Quick, [B]Hellebuyck[/B, Pavelec

  2. #2
    ztking's Avatar
    ztking is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    975
    Location
    Edmonton
    Rep Power
    10

    Dobber Sports Initiate

    Default Re: So all the hype about Nyquist..

    I see him second line and 2PP. With a (hopefully) healthy Detroit squad I see Dats, Zetter, Franzen on PP1 with 2D (Kronwall+DeKeyser perhaps).

    While I definitely don't see him putting up similar PPG numbers, mostly due to his 18.3%shooting percentage and increased ice time because I'd injuries, I'd feel comfortable slotting him in at a very decent 30-30-60.
    Main Squad: H2H Multicat Points
    10 Team 16 Keepers

    G:3 A:2 +/-:1 PPP:0.5 PIM:0.25 Shot:0.2 Hit:0.2 Block:0.2
    W:3 SV:0.2 GA:-1 SO:3

    3C 3LW 3RW 5D 2G 5 BENCH 2IR

    Keepers:
    C: Malkin, Giroux, Getzlaf, Thornton
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Dubinsky, Gaudreau, Lee
    RW: P. Kane, Kessel, Perry, Vrbata
    D: Letang, Yandle, Faulk, Phaneuf, Rielly
    G: Lundqvist, Dubnyk, Rask

    Prospects (5)
    Vasilevski Terravainen Burakovsky DeAngelo Pouliot

  3. #3
    Rep Power
    23

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: So all the hype about Nyquist..

    Quote Originally Posted by ztking View Post
    I see him second line and 2PP. With a (hopefully) healthy Detroit squad I see Dats, Zetter, Franzen on PP1 with 2D (Kronwall+DeKeyser perhaps).

    While I definitely don't see him putting up similar PPG numbers, mostly due to his 18.3%shooting percentage and increased ice time because I'd injuries, I'd feel comfortable slotting him in at a very decent 30-30-60.
    This seems very on point.

    The shooting percentage just isn't sustainable (despite his extremely high number of breakaway goals!) but in the same respect the guy only played 57 games last year and potted 28. 30 goals seems very attainable and depending on how the lines shake out 60 is definitely attainable. Top 6 player on the wings no doubt, then it's just a matter of sizing him up and figuring out if he's more effective with Datsyuk or Zetterberg. Slot Franzen in, (likely) Abdelkader (unfortunately) and one of Weiss/Tatar/Mantha and theres your top 6.
    DHL1
    23 man main roster/25 man prospect roster
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,HIT,BKS --- W,GAA,Sv,Sv%,SHO

    C: Stamkos, Seguin, Johansen, Kadri, Fisher
    LW: Landeskog, Sharp, Schenn, Datsyuk
    RW: MacKinnon, Nyquist, Carter, Saad
    D: Byfuglien, Giordano, Pietrangelo, Carlson, Brodie, Muzzin, Goligoski, Lindholm
    G: Holtby, Crawford

    Prospects:
    F: Kempe, Puempel, Mersch, Samuelsson, Slepyshev, A. Johnson, Forsbacka-Karlsson, Nestrasil, Roy
    D: DeAngelo, Morrissey, Pulock, C. Miller, Paigin, Lindell, Walman, Nielsen
    G: Phillips, Nalimov, C. Gibson, Grubauer, Samsonov, Altshuller, Huska, Poulin

  4. #4
    Location
    Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Icon

    Default Re: So all the hype about Nyquist..

    Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    This seems very on point.

    The shooting percentage just isn't sustainable (despite his extremely high number of breakaway goals!) but in the same respect the guy only played 57 games last year and potted 28. 30 goals seems very attainable and depending on how the lines shake out 60 is definitely attainable. Top 6 player on the wings no doubt, then it's just a matter of sizing him up and figuring out if he's more effective with Datsyuk or Zetterberg. Slot Franzen in, (likely) Abdelkader (unfortunately) and one of Weiss/Tatar/Mantha and theres your top 6.
    That sounds about right....until Zetts and datsyuk land on the DL... Then it's nqquist time!
    Team:
    C - Tavares, Getzlaf, Filppula (C/LW), Namestnikov
    L - Hall (LW/C), Palat, Neal (LW/RW), Pouliot, Perrault(C/LW), Anisimov(C/LW), Hudler (C/LW/RW),
    R - Perry, Kucherov, Draisaitl (C/RW) Stone, Strome (C/RW)
    D - Karlsson, OEL, Carlson, Josi, Stralman
    G - Rinne, Bobrovsky, Crawford, Elliott,
    12 Team Keeper league with Yahoo

    Roster (14 Kept Players): 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2G,2Util (Can keep a 3rd G with Util)
    SEASON SCORING: 3C,3LW,3RW,5D,1U,2G
    (Weighted Category Points: see below).

    Skaters -
    (Points: G a/o A) 6
    (+/-) 3
    (PIM) 1
    (PPP) 5
    (GWG) 5

    Goaltenders
    (W) 15
    (GA) -10
    (SV) 1
    (SHO) 15

  5. #5
    Rep Power
    23

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: So all the hype about Nyquist..

    Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    That sounds about right....until Zetts and datsyuk land on the DL... Then it's nqquist time!
    Just like last year! Let the kid run rampant and cherry pick a few more goals! I love those highlight reel plays. Pretty sure he and Tatar were the final 2 for the TSN play of the year. Nyquist v Bishop & Tatar v Dallas. Both unbelievable goals.
    DHL1
    23 man main roster/25 man prospect roster
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,HIT,BKS --- W,GAA,Sv,Sv%,SHO

    C: Stamkos, Seguin, Johansen, Kadri, Fisher
    LW: Landeskog, Sharp, Schenn, Datsyuk
    RW: MacKinnon, Nyquist, Carter, Saad
    D: Byfuglien, Giordano, Pietrangelo, Carlson, Brodie, Muzzin, Goligoski, Lindholm
    G: Holtby, Crawford

    Prospects:
    F: Kempe, Puempel, Mersch, Samuelsson, Slepyshev, A. Johnson, Forsbacka-Karlsson, Nestrasil, Roy
    D: DeAngelo, Morrissey, Pulock, C. Miller, Paigin, Lindell, Walman, Nielsen
    G: Phillips, Nalimov, C. Gibson, Grubauer, Samsonov, Altshuller, Huska, Poulin

  6. #6
    finminer's Avatar
    finminer is online now
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    9

    Dobber Sports Prodigy

    Default Re: So all the hype about Nyquist..

    My feeling is that the hype is justified. Nyquist has been a point per game producer at EVERY level and in the Detroit fashion has had full development, winning an AHL championship. I can't name an upcoming player who is more ready for the NHL He was at 0.84 PPG last year, a 67-point pace, which I think he can build on. His shooting % was 18% last year, but he is a goal scorer and his long term average is not that far off at 14%. All that said, 2nd line and 1st PP is likely to start, but depending on the health of Datsyuk and Zett and the line combinations Babcock chooses, he could easily wind up 1st line.
    12-team salary cap keeper; $220 cap; salaries determined by auction draft;
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 2 F, 4 D, 2 G, 5 Bench, 1 IR, 8 farm;
    Draftees & prospects may be contracted for 5 years; prospects have entry level contracts.
    Top 4 get paid; annual parity draft for non-finishers;
    Rotisserie: FOG, FOA, PPG+SHG, PPA+SHA, PIM, GWG+ShooG, D-Pts, G Net Pts, GAA, Save %

    Roster:
    C - Bergeron, Kopitar, Toews, Koivu
    LW - Steen, Datsyuk
    RW - Toffoli, MacKinnon, KHayes, Neil, Rieder
    D - Barrie, Gostisbehere, Krug, Shattenkirk, Doughty, Theodore
    G - Mrazek, Quick, Gibson
    Prospects: Kapanen, Larkin, Morrissey, Gillies, Hellebuyck

  7. #7
    Location
    Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Icon

    Default Re: So all the hype about Nyquist..

    Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    Just like last year! Let the kid run rampant and cherry pick a few more goals! I love those highlight reel plays. Pretty sure he and Tatar were the final 2 for the TSN play of the year. Nyquist v Bishop & Tatar v Dallas. Both unbelievable goals.
    Yup! You saw them too apparently! Just sick!
    Team:
    C - Tavares, Getzlaf, Filppula (C/LW), Namestnikov
    L - Hall (LW/C), Palat, Neal (LW/RW), Pouliot, Perrault(C/LW), Anisimov(C/LW), Hudler (C/LW/RW),
    R - Perry, Kucherov, Draisaitl (C/RW) Stone, Strome (C/RW)
    D - Karlsson, OEL, Carlson, Josi, Stralman
    G - Rinne, Bobrovsky, Crawford, Elliott,
    12 Team Keeper league with Yahoo

    Roster (14 Kept Players): 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2G,2Util (Can keep a 3rd G with Util)
    SEASON SCORING: 3C,3LW,3RW,5D,1U,2G
    (Weighted Category Points: see below).

    Skaters -
    (Points: G a/o A) 6
    (+/-) 3
    (PIM) 1
    (PPP) 5
    (GWG) 5

    Goaltenders
    (W) 15
    (GA) -10
    (SV) 1
    (SHO) 15

  8. #8
    Location
    NS, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Genius

    Default Re: So all the hype about Nyquist..

    In some ways I liken Nyquist and Tatar to Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Offensively gifted, defensively responsible, burgeoning leaders, and soon enough, two of Detroit's primary weapons. In another couple of seasons, this will be their team with Nyquist being called on as the primary point producer. 60 points should be the floor to this guy's ceiling for the next three or four years.
    Bottleneckers
    20-team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Carry 20
    F: Stamkos, MacKinnon, Stepan, Scheifele, Nichushkin, Marner, McCann, J.T. Miller, Simmonds, A. Lee, Hornqvist
    D: Ekblad, Barrie, Nurse, DeAngelo, Severson, Orlov
    G: F. Andersen, Gibson, Vasilevskiy

    Let The Right Muzzin; RHRS
    C:Bergeron, Huberdeau, Vermette, Z. Smith
    LW: Landeskog, Toffoli, Pouliot, Hartnell
    RW: Tarasenko, Seguin, Saad, Trochek
    D: Shattenkirk, Muzzin, Nurse, Holden, Spurgeon
    G: Bishop, Talbot
    Bench: Nilsson, Hammond, Hamonic, Korpisalo, K. miller, Killorn

  9. #9
    Zorro's Avatar
    Zorro is online now
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,830
    Location
    Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: So all the hype about Nyquist..

    I think Detroit is going to want to spread out the offense, so a line of Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Nyquist probably won't happen..

    Are far as hype goes, this kid is that good and deserves the "hype"..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

  10. #10
    plug's Avatar
    plug is online now
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,978
    Rep Power
    26

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: So all the hype about Nyquist..

    Quote Originally Posted by finminer View Post
    My feeling is that the hype is justified. Nyquist has been a point per game producer at EVERY level and in the Detroit fashion has had full development, winning an AHL championship. I can't name an upcoming player who is more ready for the NHL He was at 0.84 PPG last year, a 67-point pace, which I think he can build on. His shooting % was 18% last year, but he is a goal scorer and his long term average is not that far off at 14%. All that said, 2nd line and 1st PP is likely to start, but depending on the health of Datsyuk and Zett and the line combinations Babcock chooses, he could easily wind up 1st line.
    This is great info, we keep hearing about the shooting % (which I agree is unsustainable).. But I don't think it's going to regress as far as people think it will.

  11. #11
    Rep Power
    23

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: So all the hype about Nyquist..

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    In some ways I liken Nyquist and Tatar to Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Offensively gifted, defensively responsible, burgeoning leaders, and soon enough, two of Detroit's primary weapons. In another couple of seasons, this will be their team with Nyquist being called on as the primary point producer. 60 points should be the floor to this guy's ceiling for the next three or four years.
    Kind of tough to project them out without saying "they're the next Zetterberg and Datsyuk". Agreed Nyquist will be the go-to over Tatar but both will be the primary scorers. In the mean time they have two of the best mentors in the game.
    DHL1
    23 man main roster/25 man prospect roster
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,HIT,BKS --- W,GAA,Sv,Sv%,SHO

    C: Stamkos, Seguin, Johansen, Kadri, Fisher
    LW: Landeskog, Sharp, Schenn, Datsyuk
    RW: MacKinnon, Nyquist, Carter, Saad
    D: Byfuglien, Giordano, Pietrangelo, Carlson, Brodie, Muzzin, Goligoski, Lindholm
    G: Holtby, Crawford

    Prospects:
    F: Kempe, Puempel, Mersch, Samuelsson, Slepyshev, A. Johnson, Forsbacka-Karlsson, Nestrasil, Roy
    D: DeAngelo, Morrissey, Pulock, C. Miller, Paigin, Lindell, Walman, Nielsen
    G: Phillips, Nalimov, C. Gibson, Grubauer, Samsonov, Altshuller, Huska, Poulin

  12. #12
    Big Ev's Avatar
    Big Ev is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,413
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: So all the hype about Nyquist..

    As long as datsyuk is on the team, his production won't be anything to write home about. He really declined once datsyuk came back. Invisible.

    I'd say next year he gets 40 points or so. The hype isn't deserve as he isn't a zetterberg clone or anything close.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ztking View Post
    I see him second line and 2PP. With a (hopefully) healthy Detroit squad I see Dats, Zetter, Franzen on PP1 with 2D (Kronwall+DeKeyser perhaps).

    While I definitely don't see him putting up similar PPG numbers, mostly due to his 18.3%shooting percentage and increased ice time because I'd injuries, I'd feel comfortable slotting him in at a very decent 30-30-60.
    how are you comfortable saying he'll get 30 goals?

    Have people gone mad?

  13. #13
    Rep Power
    23

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: So all the hype about Nyquist..

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    how are you comfortable saying he'll get 30 goals?

    Have people gone mad?
    28 goals in 57 games seems like fair precedent to say 30 goals is attainable with 82 GP
    DHL1
    23 man main roster/25 man prospect roster
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,HIT,BKS --- W,GAA,Sv,Sv%,SHO

    C: Stamkos, Seguin, Johansen, Kadri, Fisher
    LW: Landeskog, Sharp, Schenn, Datsyuk
    RW: MacKinnon, Nyquist, Carter, Saad
    D: Byfuglien, Giordano, Pietrangelo, Carlson, Brodie, Muzzin, Goligoski, Lindholm
    G: Holtby, Crawford

    Prospects:
    F: Kempe, Puempel, Mersch, Samuelsson, Slepyshev, A. Johnson, Forsbacka-Karlsson, Nestrasil, Roy
    D: DeAngelo, Morrissey, Pulock, C. Miller, Paigin, Lindell, Walman, Nielsen
    G: Phillips, Nalimov, C. Gibson, Grubauer, Samsonov, Altshuller, Huska, Poulin

  14. #14
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Legend

    Default Re: So all the hype about Nyquist..

    Everle also had a completely unsustainable shooting percentage, and people made the same arguments about him (that he is a high percentage shooter etc) but in the end he indeed dropped 10 points the next year, and his goals were a big part of the reason why. Nyquist strikes me as a very similar case.

  15. #15
    Rep Power
    23

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: So all the hype about Nyquist..

    Ebs shot at a 19% rate for 78 games though and scored 34 goals. Nyquist did it in 57 games and scored 28. I see the connection but with an added 25 games who knows what he would have hit. He was on pace for 40. I know that isn't the be all and end all, but 30 doesn't seem ludicrous with all things considered.
    DHL1
    23 man main roster/25 man prospect roster
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,HIT,BKS --- W,GAA,Sv,Sv%,SHO

    C: Stamkos, Seguin, Johansen, Kadri, Fisher
    LW: Landeskog, Sharp, Schenn, Datsyuk
    RW: MacKinnon, Nyquist, Carter, Saad
    D: Byfuglien, Giordano, Pietrangelo, Carlson, Brodie, Muzzin, Goligoski, Lindholm
    G: Holtby, Crawford

    Prospects:
    F: Kempe, Puempel, Mersch, Samuelsson, Slepyshev, A. Johnson, Forsbacka-Karlsson, Nestrasil, Roy
    D: DeAngelo, Morrissey, Pulock, C. Miller, Paigin, Lindell, Walman, Nielsen
    G: Phillips, Nalimov, C. Gibson, Grubauer, Samsonov, Altshuller, Huska, Poulin

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •