Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New real-team hockey from long-time Commissioner

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default New real-team hockey from long-time Commissioner

I am a long-time fantasy sports commissioner and have set up a new, very in-depth, real-team keeper league on Yahoo and am looking for very active managers for the opening season.

I have run a real-team keeper baseball league for the last ten years and am using the same setup for hockey.

We need managers ASAP as the season is fast approaching and we need to get through a team and player draft prior to opening night.

We're only looking for active managers. My leagues have been able to survive this long because of active managers. CAUTION: This is a very complex league. It's not hard to get, but it's more than just picking players and going. We have a 15-page rule book that will explain it all. Minor and junior leagues will be a part of the game, so expect a lot of time and research.

The best part: it's free! All my leagues are free to play, but that doesn't make them any less competitive.

We don't have a set number of teams, but we will have a minimum of 16.

If you are interested, please send me an email at [email protected]. Let me know your fantasy hockey background, as that could be a tie-breaker if we are running out of spots. When I hear from you, I'll send you a link to our site and a copy of the rulebook to look over.

Thanks and good luck to everyone this season,

-Mat
    Commissioner, International Fantasy Hockey League
    (A part of the International Fantasy Sports Network)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: New real-team hockey from long-time Commissioner

What do you mean by real team league?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    What do you mean by real team league?
    If I'm not mistaken, you pick a team (i.e. Edmonton since you're an Oilers fan ) and you take their exact team. Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yak, Fasth, Scrivens etc etc etc and all of their prospects

But with only 16 teams, I don't know what happens to the left overs... FA? Draft?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah, there's only one way to find out ...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

petegreg is correct on all counts.

As for only having 16 teams, that's just the minimum. We could have more if I get more people signed up.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sent an email.

Dobber Sports Stud

Do you use the/a cap? I could be interested.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I do use a cap with salaries through Rotowire.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

9 spots filled...7-9 spots available

Dobber Sports Deity

So does your real team fantasy hockey team follow all the moves by the NHL team (if they make a trade with another team, it also gets processed in this league) or after you take possession of your team, you can trade who YOU want?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

You'll have control over the team and their prospects, with one exception: There is an extra list where you can protect certain players from real life moves. If you don't have a prospect player on that list and your real-life team trades his rights away, you would lose him.

It adds a little strategy to the minor and junior league aspect of the league. But once you choose a team (which is done through a draft, not first come first serve), you'll have full control of that team.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by ifhlcommish View Post
    You'll have control over the team and their prospects, with one exception: There is an extra list where you can protect certain players from real life moves. If you don't have a prospect player on that list and your real-life team trades his rights away, you would lose him.

It adds a little strategy to the minor and junior league aspect of the league. But once you choose a team (which is done through a draft, not first come first serve), you'll have full control of that team.
    So can you make trades within the league as well? What happens if I trade Bobby Ryan to the Penguins (in fantasy), and then Ottawa deals him to someone else in real life? Does Ryan stay on the Penguins in your league, or go to new team? Seems quirky.
    12 Team H2H Keeper League - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, GWG, W, GAA, SV%)

C: Crosby, E.Staal, Kopitar, Zajac
    LW: Vanek, Kovalchuk, Lucic, Granlund
    RW: Kane, St. Louis, Yakupov, Versteeg
    D: Karlsson, Weber, Letang, Fowler, Josi, Spurgeon
    G: Luongo, Rask
    Bench: Gionta, Turris, Steen, Dorsett
    IR:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by mikelong11 View Post
    So can you make trades within the league as well? What happens if I trade Bobby Ryan to the Penguins (in fantasy), and then Ottawa deals him to someone else in real life? Does Ryan stay on the Penguins in your league, or go to new team? Seems quirky.
    He goes to the new team. When a prospect is traded in our league, he is automatically placed on the new team's reserved list and is immune from real-life roster moves.

It's actually a lot simpler than it sounds. Each team, in addition to their main active roster, will get a reserved list of 10 spots. It's here that a team can place their own prospects, or ones they have drafted or traded for, to protect them from real-life moves. It forces a manager to make the decision at the beginning of each season who they want to protect. If a prospect is not protected, the team will still have first rights to him when he's called up, but must sign him within two days or the team loses those rights to free agency.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If it helps at all, I use the same system in my baseball league and guys pick up on it within a day. It's easier once you see how it's set up.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting, dynamic and professionally run hockey league.