Thread: Letang for Stastny and Kucherov??

Dobber Sports Rookie

Unhappy Letang for Stastny and Kucherov??

Hello. I need some help. I am in a points only keeper league with 17 forwards and 6 d-men. I have a trade offer to consider and would appreciate any advice or thoughts.

I have been offered Paul Stastny and Nikita Kucherov for Kris Letang. There are some draft picks involved as well.

My opinion is I like Letang but obviously his health is a serious concern. With Ehrhoff, Martin and Maatta I am afraid that Letang will never get 50 points and with his health 40 may be tough.

How do you think Stastny will do in St. Louis? Is 70 points too high? Kucherov has some good talent and is young and could be a sleeper. What do you think he will get point-wise and do you think he will skip back to Russia?

Thanks.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Letang for Stastny and Kucherov??

Don't want to sound in without knowing your league cat/specs.

Having said that...I'm of the mindset that I want nothing to do with this generation's mike green...but Letang isn't worth selling overly low on either. Comes down to Stastny's value in your league for me.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

What's your roster look like? That's most important information to know. How many do you keep?

On the surface I really like the trade especially if you have good coverage on your back end with the loss of Letang, and let's face it half the time your without Letang anyway with all the injury time he misses and will miss in the future. Kucherov is also a nice snag as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Death_from_above View Post
    Hello. I need some help. I am in a points only keeper league with 17 forwards and 6 d-men. I have a trade offer to consider and would appreciate any advice or thoughts.

I have been offered Paul Stastny and Nikita Kucherov for Kris Letang. There are some draft picks involved as well.

My opinion is I like Letang but obviously his health is a serious concern. With Ehrhoff, Martin and Maatta I am afraid that Letang will never get 50 points and with his health 40 may be tough.

How do you think Stastny will do in St. Louis? Is 70 points too high? Kucherov has some good talent and is young and could be a sleeper. What do you think he will get point-wise and do you think he will skip back to Russia?

Thanks.

Dobber Sports Stud

Yeah I agree we need a little more info. Your roster would help a lot. Obviously if your other 5 D men are garbage then you wanna hang on to letang, but if you're carrying a few aces back there then he's expendable.

On the surface, this seems like FV to me. 70 points for Stastny is a bit ambitious, but 60 from him is safe. Kucherov is the wild card, but he's a guy I'm a big fan of. I sold Letang in another league back in February so I'm on board with the dumping.

Dobber Sports Stud

got to get more detail .........but i look to sell Letang any chance i get the man is fantasy cancer...(all do respect to any affected by that horrible disease, but its just the fairest analogy.)
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Ninja

6 D-men means that you want to end quality guys there as much as possible. Would have to see who else is on your roster to know, but Letang might be a pretty important piece to keep in your setup.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks for the input. I need forwards cause, as an example, my 2nd highest point getter is Eberle. My d are Erik Karlsson Andrei Markov, Tyson Barrie, Dion Phaneuf, Kimmo Timonen and Letang. If I trade Letang I would probably protect Alex Edler or Justin Faulk. I like Letang but he just misses too much time. I like Kucherov and Stastny I think is good for 60 pts.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Death_from_above View Post
    Thanks for the input. I need forwards cause, as an example, my 2nd highest point getter is Eberle. My d are Erik Karlsson Andrei Markov, Tyson Barrie, Dion Phaneuf, Kimmo Timonen and Letang. If I trade Letang I would probably protect Alex Edler or Justin Faulk. I like Letang but he just misses too much time. I like Kucherov and Stastny I think is good for 60 pts.
    Given this info I'd go for it. You can afford to lose Letang no problem and the scoring from Stastny and the potential of Kucherov helps big time.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah, I agree with petegreg21. Your defense is really nice even without Letang and you could use the forward depth. Good deal.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

+2 in petegreg and Doulos' camp. Solid move a return for the turmoil that follows letang around.