Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Friedman thoughts about Subban's situation

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Friedman thoughts about Subban's situation

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hoc...-personal.html

Still beleive they made a mistake to get to arbitration....he'll test UFA market in 2 years.....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Friedman thoughts about Subban's situation

No shit. This is a HUGE blunder by Bergevin, following in the footsteps of his predecessors. Why does Montreal shit on their own players who actually want to stay there so often?

Listened to this earlier LINK. Very eye-opening.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Master

Who said they weren't going to arbitration (other threads)? The writing was on the wall with the 3 million dollar difference in opinion on his value.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hoc...-personal.html

Still beleive they made a mistake to get to arbitration....he'll test UFA market in 2 years.....
    They made their big mistake two years ago when they wouldn't sign him to a long-term at that time.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    They made their big mistake two years ago when they wouldn't sign him to a long-term at that time.
    Agreed.

Dobber Sports Star

Yeah. They would have him real cheap now and everybody would be happy. Now I feel like we will lose him in less than too years.

Dobber Sports Genius

True....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Genius

This is a powerplay between Newport Sports Management Agency and NHL GMs. Ryan O'Reily and PK Subban are both represented by the same group and are both players are going through the same motions with the same expected results. The agency getting the a cut of the largest contracts. Simple as that. The big over top contracts are coming from this Agency. Have a look. Perry, Kessel, Phaneuf, Clarkson, Doughty, M.Richards, Parise... You get the idea. Each one of these players was signed to a boundary pushing contract. Subban is just the latest example.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This is a powerplay between Newport Sports Management Agency and NHL GMs. Ryan O'Reily and PK Subban are both represented by the same group and are both players are going through the same motions with the same expected results. The agency getting the a cut of the largest contracts. Simple as that. The big over top contracts are coming from this Agency. Have a look. Perry, Kessel, Phaneuf, Clarkson, Doughty, M.Richards, Parise... You get the idea. Each one of these players was signed to a boundary pushing contract. Subban is just the latest example.
    That is interesting

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

As a Bruins fan I should love this but for some reason this just seems wrong.. I'm so confused here..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

lol Zoro,

Bergevin have to work it out but im impress by the way he don't panic. It's always a business and as a huge Habs fan, I rather see my GM taking some time to establish a long term contract. We gave too many contracts in the last seasons for players not as good as we tough. PK is the real deal on defense, he will deserve his +8.5M $/year but maybe not this year. Bergevin play with the Molson money, he had to care about the financial aspect of the team first no matter as crazy we can all get Habs fans regarding PK future. I don't see this situation as bad for the Montreal Canadian and the future of PK in Montreal as many predict here. We will see this Sunday, until that time ... it's all about speculation's !

Dobber Sports Stud

Eek, I don't now how much faith I have in a long term contract right now...

#PKtotheLeafs2016

Banned

Like I was saying in the other thread, they really made a mess of things. The worst part is that the guy has to sit in a room with a bunch of lawyer douchebags who try to tear him apart. That can't feel very good for anyone, especially not a guy like PK who has a bit of an ego to begin with. All the Habs accomplished here by not getting a deal done is hurt their relationship with their star player and cost themselves more down the road (assuming he even wants to sign with them again). The last thing I was expecting was for it to go this far

Dobber Sports Stud

I love PK. He has a ton of confidence and knows cap will continue to rise and his salary will grow much quicker each contract he signs. Cant blame Habs or Subban and I think they both win. Habs never loose as long as each year Subban laces up for them. Subban just like any other human being is entitled to try and make as much money as possible.
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    That's an interesting piece of information. While one side of me doesn't like seeing this sort of thing happen with players, the other side of me knows that NHL GMs and their team owners are pretty much geared towards screwing players out of as much money as possible as well, so there is no innocent side in the equation.