Thread: Final Keeper - Revisited

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Final Keeper - Revisited

Hey everyone,

I posted this question to you all at the end of last season, and now that we are getting close to this season (and I'm getting antsy) I want to see if your opinions have changed.

This is a 10-team keeper league (keep 6), where players are kept at the round they were drafted in, altering their value. H2H with G/A/+-/PPP/GWG and W/S%/GAA/SO.

As of now I have 5 forsure keepers (Backstrom (WSH) at 3rd round), (Rask 4th), Mackinnon (9th), Kunitz (10th), M. Smith (14). My last choice comes down to Wheeler (7th) or Turris (17th). Each have their strengths/weaknesses. For Wheeler, he is a better point producer and goal scorer, and plays on the wing. For Turris, he has a shot at 1st line minutes and is a great value at the 2nd last round in the draft.

Important re: forward positions... We start 3C, 3L, 3R and NO utility. So, since I already have Backstrom at C and Mackinnon either C/R... keeping a 2nd (or 3rd) C before we even get to a redraft does hamper me a little.

What do we think?? Thanks.
    10-Team Keeper League, H2H - (keepers are in brackets, along with the round they are 'kept' in)
    G/A/+-/PPP/GWG, W/SV%/GAA/SO

3C- Matthews (1)
    3LW -
    3RW - Draisatl (18), Rantanen (18)
    3D -
    2G - Hart (18), Dubnyk (18)
    5Bn -

Default Re: Final Keeper - Revisited

I would keep Wheeler so you at least have someone at RW going into the draft.
    If I understand correctly, you have picks in Rounds 1,2,5,6,8,11 etc right?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yes... except that I dealt a 5th round pick last year at the deadline to go for it all (and fell short, finishing in 2nd.... though considering I took over this team just last year after it had finished in dead last, still pretty good).
    10-Team Keeper League, H2H - (keepers are in brackets, along with the round they are 'kept' in)

3C- Matthews (1)
    3LW -
    3D -
    5Bn -

I think I would still keep Wheeler even with one less pick.
    You should be able to find a C late in the draft that should produce close to how Turris will!
    And yeah for sure, last to 2nd is a good jump!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Any other input?

3C- Matthews (1)
    3LW -
    3D -
    5Bn -

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd keep Wheeler > Turris. Wingers are just a more shallow pool and you already have two elite centers so there's no need to take Turris in this scenario.