Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Comish Dynasty Needs Two Owners

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Comish Dynasty Needs Two Owners

Looking for two owners to take over two teams in a 24 teams “tier” league (there are 3 tiers of 8 teams).

Team 1 - finished 8th of 8 in tier 2 (will be in tier 3 this year). Here’s the roster:

Bonino, Nick C
    Horvat, Bo C
    Jankowski, Mark C
    Jeffrey, Dustin C
    Pitlick, Tyler C
    Stastny, Paul C
    Thornton, Joe C
    Huberdeau, Jonathan C,LW
    Dalpe, Zac C,RW
    Gagner, Sam C,RW
    Santorelli, Mike C,RW
    Lehkonen, Artturi C,LW,RW

Bickell, Bryan LW
    Martin, Matt LW
    Raffl, Michael LW
    Sestito, Tom LW
    Bertuzzi, Todd LW,RW

Gaborik, Marian RW
    Jackman, Tim RW
    Parenteau, P.A. RW
    Stempniak, Lee RW
    Tvrdon, Marek RW

Boychuk, Johnny D
    Boyle, Dan D
    Corvo, Joe D
    Daley, Trevor D
    Elliott, Stefan D
    Gauthier-Leduc, Jerome D
    Morrow, Joseph D
    Phaneuf, Dion D
    Pysyk, Mark D
    Smid, Ladislav D
    Visnovsky, Lubomir D

Markstrom, Jacob G
    Reimer, James G

The current owner had to step down due to lack of time.

Team 2 - finished 8th of 8 in tier 3. Here’s the roster:

Cizikas, Casey C
    Getzlaf, Ryan C
    Handzus, Michal C
    Kopitar, Anze C
    Matteau, Stefan C

Lazar, Curtis C,RW
    Little, Bryan C,RW
    Mitchell, Torrey C,RW

Booth, David LW
    Bourque, Gabriel LW
    Chimera, Jason LW
    Cooke, Matt LW
    Tanguay, Alex LW,RW

Bernier, Steve RW
    Brouwer, Troy RW
    Glennie, Scott RW
    Hayes, Jimmy RW
    Lipon, J.C. RW
    Williams, Justin RW

Bieksa, Kevin D
    Campbell, Brian D
    Hejda, Jan D
    Myers, Tyler D
    Oduya, Johnny D
    Rozsival, Michal D
    Salo, Sami D

Comrie, Eric G
    Jarry, Tristan G
    Khudobin, Anton G
    McElhinney, Curtis G
    Pasquale, Edward G
    Paterson, Jake G
    Rinne, Pekka G
    Scrivens, Ben G
    Wedgewood, Scott G

As per our rules, the owner of the last team in tier 3 has to step down and need to be replaced.

These are definitely not bad teams for a 24 team’s league and they probably just need a little love in order to be competitive.

This league is on Fantrax and is a roto salary cap league (we have our own salaries based on player’s performance) with the following categories: G,A,STP (Special Team Point - combining both PPP and SHP),SOG,+/-,PiM,Hits,Bks,W,GAA,Saves. 4C,4L,4R,6D,1G and 16 Bench. Keep 32 each year, draft 3.

If interested, please reply in here or PM me or The Comish.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Comish Dynasty Needs Two Owners

This is a great league! Very well run! Very fun too!
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Novice

There is something to be said about trying to turn around the worst team in the league. Or at least the team that finished worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicleteur View Post
    Team 2 - finished 8th of 8 in tier 3. Here’s the roster:

Cizikas, Casey C
    Getzlaf, Ryan C
    Handzus, Michal C
    Kopitar, Anze C
    Matteau, Stefan C

Lazar, Curtis C,RW
    Little, Bryan C,RW
    Mitchell, Torrey C,RW

Booth, David LW
    Bourque, Gabriel LW
    Chimera, Jason LW
    Cooke, Matt LW
    Tanguay, Alex LW,RW

Bernier, Steve RW
    Brouwer, Troy RW
    Glennie, Scott RW
    Hayes, Jimmy RW
    Lipon, J.C. RW
    Williams, Justin RW

Bieksa, Kevin D
    Campbell, Brian D
    Hejda, Jan D
    Myers, Tyler D
    Oduya, Johnny D
    Rozsival, Michal D
    Salo, Sami D

Comrie, Eric G
    Jarry, Tristan G
    Khudobin, Anton G
    McElhinney, Curtis G
    Pasquale, Edward G
    Paterson, Jake G
    Rinne, Pekka G
    Scrivens, Ben G
    Wedgewood, Scott G

As per our rules, the owner of the last team in tier 3 has to step down and need to be replaced.

These are definitely not bad teams for a 24 team’s league and they probably just need a little love in order to be competitive.

This league is on Fantrax and is a roto salary cap league (we have our own salaries based on player’s performance) with the following categories: G,A,STP (Special Team Point - combining both PPP and SHP),SOG,+/-,PiM,Hits,Bks,W,GAA,Saves. 4C,4L,4R,6D,1G and 16 Bench. Keep 32 each year, draft 3.

If interested, please reply in here or PM me or The Comish.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Sounds intriguing. Can you give some information about the way you are determining the salaries?

Dobber Sports Novice

sorry me as well, I don't think I made that clear in my first post.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chicleteur View Post
    Just a personal opinion, but I would never join due to this. Goal is to get more people in, I would never play in/join a league like this.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Just a personal opinion, but I would never join due to this. Goal is to get more people in, I would never play in/join a league like this.
    Its a really fun league. That team has assets from the looks of it and just needs some direction.

Dobber Sports Giant

Thanks for the interest buan and plachtam!

Maybe I should have done this in first place, but I've attached the rules document we have for the league. You'll find more about the salaries in there along with many other information. But briefly what we do is calculating the value of the players in our pool based on the categories for each year and we use the last three years and weights them 50%-35%-15%. Then, we convert this into a salary (in a $5 to $200 range). Don't hesitate if you have further questions after reading the document.

rataylor22, I totally understand that some might not like this rule, but when Russ (The Comish) created this league, he really had a full relegation model in mind. You'll see in the rules that the top team in tier 2 and tier 3 are moving up a tier, while the last team in tier 1 and tier 2 are moving down a tier. Also, the new owner of the last team in tier 3 is exempt of relegation for a year.

To be honest, these two teams wouldn't have finished last of their tier if their owner had been more active and played all their games.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I can attest to this being a fun league with loads of knowledgeable managers. As for the last-place guy getting replaced, there is a system of promotions and demotions that encourage high levels of engagement as well as a deep post-season scoring system that rewards managers for success.

Besides, once relegation (instead of a pity first overall draft pick) is in the cards you find yourself hustling to make things happen.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by golfguy1672 View Post
    This is a great league! Very well run! Very fun too!
    Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Its a really fun league. That team has assets from the looks of it and just needs some direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangersfury View Post
    I can attest to this being a fun league with loads of knowledgeable managers. As for the last-place guy getting replaced, there is a system of promotions and demotions that encourage high levels of engagement as well as a deep post-season scoring system that rewards managers for success.

Besides, once relegation (instead of a pity first overall draft pick) is in the cards you find yourself hustling to make things happen.
    Exactly! This is one of the best league I've ever been in and like rangersfury, if you commit yourself to your team, you have great chances to be successful! The battle in tier for not being relegated last season was an epic one as the team in last place changed almost every day and most GM made deals and worked hard not to be relegated.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Would be interested. Actually, I like the tiered system (perhaps due to being a European, where in pro sports relegation is rather the norm than the exception), especially in combination with the salary system. However, I will have limited internet connectivity August 9-16 and September 9-12. Just in case, there are important actions to take like draft etc.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

In 2013, the draft happened in mid-september. So, I guess we should expect a similar timeframe. Moreover, it is a slow draft (last year it was 10 picks per day following a schedule) and worst case you can submit a short list to the commishs who are honest and transparent persons.

I joined this league last year. The format of the league create an environnent where a lot of trades can happen and that makes the league captivating. I think I received 40 trade offers last year.

So great gms, great commishs, a lot of trade discussions, a lot of battles (tier win - tier relegation), a really fun league to be in.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by buan View Post
    Would be interested. Actually, I like the tiered system (perhaps due to being a European, where in pro sports relegation is rather the norm than the exception), especially in combination with the salary system. However, I will have limited internet connectivity August 9-16 and September 9-12. Just in case, there are important actions to take like draft etc.
    Great! You'll see it's a very fun league. Which team would you like to take over?

As for being away during the times you've highlighted, like MrSandman said it shouldn't be an issue with our draft usually happening mid-september.

Dobber Sports Novice

I did notice some differences between the rules you sent and what you stated above categories wise, but I don't think it would be a problem either way for me.
    Whatever the set up in fantrax is I can work with it.
    I would be interested in taking over team 2 (the one that finished in absolute last place).
    Let me know if you need some references or any other information.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by plachtam View Post
    I did notice some differences between the rules you sent and what you stated above categories wise, but I don't think it would be a problem either way for me.
    Whatever the set up in fantrax is I can work with it.
    I would be interested in taking over team 2 (the one that finished in absolute last place).
    Let me know if you need some references or any other information.
    Yeah, this rules document hasn't been updated yet with the new categories that we'll introduce in 14/15. We're adding Hits and Bks and replacing PPP with STP.

Like I replied to you in a PM, team #2 should be yours, but let's wait until Russ (The Comish) is back from vacation next week for the final confirmation.