Thread: Young Guns trade

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Young Guns trade

Hey everyone, I inherited a team in a league this summer and am in a pretty big rebuild, ive made a couple of trades with the team and want some feedback, the latest trade is the one I want the most feedback on though

Scoring:
    Goals: 1
    Assists: 1
    +/-: 0.2
    PIM 0.2
    SOG: 0.1

W: 2
    SO: 1
    Save:0.05
    Goal Against: -0.2

Trade 1:
    I Trade: Gustav Nyquist, John Gibson, 1st in 2014 (13th Overall)
    for
    Jonathan Toews, 2nd in 2015, 3rd in 2015

Trade 2:
    I Trade: Matt Hackett
    for
    2015 2nd and 2015 3rd

Trade 3:
    I trade: Sami Vatanen 1st in 2014 (17th overall)
    for
    Jordan Staal 1st in 2014 (13th Overall)

Trade 4:
    I trade 2nd round in 2014 (28th overall)
    for
    2nd round in 2014 (48th overall) and a 2015 2nd

Trade 5:
    I trade 2 2nd rounders in 2014 (Picks 47 and 48 Overall)
    for
    2014 3rd rounder (70th overall), 2015 2nd and 2015 3rd

Trade 6: (The big One)

I trade: Seth Jones, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Valrei Nichushkin
    For
    Aaron Ekblad, Jonathan Drouin, Jade Schwartz, 1st in 2015 (was pick 9 this year)
    Last year Schwartz had 85.5 points while Nuge, Nich and Jones had 76.6, 52.5 and 35.2.
    How is this deal? Obviously the RNH side wins short term but what about long term?
    How are these trades in general?
    heres the team

Start 6 Forwards, 4 Defense, 1 Goalie(only allowed 2 max on the pro roster) 10 prospect max

Forwards: Bonino, Couteier, Hagelin, toews, Downie, Johansson, Neil, Staal, Schwartz, Drouin

Defense: Dillon, Ekblad, Muzzin, Stanton, Holden

Goalies: Price, Lindback

Prospects: Draisatil, Ho-Sang, Kerdiles, Puempel, Pullkinen, Rattie, Rychel, Zucker, Clendening, JMorrow

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Young Guns trade

The last one is pretty even, I think. I like Jones over Ekblad by quite a bit, while RNH has proven himself capable of 60 or so points with plenty of upside for more. I still see him as a PPG player at some point in his career. Nichuskin is all potential at this point, but it's very good potential.

Schwartz, in the short-term is roughly even with RNH but I don't think can hit the same level long-term. Getting Drouin is great though....he's unproven obviously but he's probably the best prospect in hockey. The 1st does have some value if it stays top 10, but who knows at this point if that will happen.

So ya, pretty even. Although the more I think about it the more I'm not so sure you should have just kept what you had. I don't think this trade will really "hurt" you, but I'm not totally sure it will "help" you either. Losing Jones hurts since your defense is, well, awful. RNH is more proven than Drouin, while Schwartz still has to battle a lot of other forwards in St. Louis for top ice time. However, if Drouin does not pan out like hoped, this will really hurt you long-term.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

The Great One

The only trade I dont like is trade 3

Dobber Sports Novice

You list your team as having Neil, as in Chris Neil. Do you actually mean James Neal? That would obviously be a big difference and would make it easier to evaluate your team and from that, the trades you made. Also, how many guys do you keep at year end?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Finden View Post
    You list your team as having Neil, as in Chris Neil. Do you actually mean James Neal? That would obviously be a big difference and would make it easier to evaluate your team and from that, the trades you made. Also, how many guys do you keep at year end?

Unfortunately it is Chris Neil haha, he is pretty valuable for his penalty minutes, had a total of 65 Fantasy points for the league, beating out nichushkin and jones.

Keep all players, can't go over 10 prospects or 2 goalies on the pro roster

Dobber Sports Expert

I hate trade 1 - for a team in a rebuild, you need to keep youngsters of that quality
    I love trade 2 - well done
    Trades 3 and 4 - basically irrelevant
    Trade 5 - IMO, you get Drouin, you win.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi