View Poll Results: Fantasy Hockey's Most Frustrating Player - Green vs. Ward - FINAL VOTE

Voters
64. This poll is closed
  • Mike Green

50 78.13%
  • Cam Ward

14 21.88%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cage Match Tourney - FINAL - Mike Green vs. Cam Ward

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Cage Match Tourney - FINAL - Mike Green vs. Cam Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baby View Post
    Im really surprised to see all the love for Green.

With Goalies being so much more valuable than D in almost all leagues.

Ward was nevee considered to be the #1 talent to own at his position. At one time Green was. Then we watched it all painfully fall apart. Would be like 😄

Ward must have certainly cost more championships than Green has.

I have Ward on my team right now, yet i wont even put him in my sig because in cap leagues his $6.3m is un-keepable (is that a word?)
    Ward was never considered the best talent at his position... green was considered that...far as away... Much like Karlsson is today. The bigger they are... Etc etc! Green is the clear cut loser!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    I really thought Letang would have made the final.
    There is a pretty good chance in a year or two this title will belong to Letang by a wide margin.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Percy21 View Post
    There is a pretty good chance in a year or two this title will belong to Letang by a wide margin.
    I would think now would have been the best time as he's still regarded by many as an elite option with risk, so the expectation is higher (and thus higher frustration when he goes down). If he keeps getting hurt over the next couple years, he would no longer be as highly valued, so the frustration level would be lower.

This is why I'm really surprised that Ward made the final. He hasn't been relevant for several years so I wonder if many people still perceive him that way and hope and get frustrated. Or people are looking into the past than right now.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I would think now would have been the best time as he's still regarded by many as an elite option with risk, so the expectation is higher (and thus higher frustration when he goes down). If he keeps getting hurt over the next couple years, he would no longer be as highly valued, so the frustration level would be lower.

This is why I'm really surprised that Ward made the final. He hasn't been relevant for several years so I wonder if many people still perceive him that way and hope and get frustrated. Or people are looking into the past than right now.
    I don't know about other people but I personally have not expected elite numbers from Green for 3 years now and here we are with him running away with the vote. Green shouldn't even be in consideration if getting hurt every year lowers expectations and frustration.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Percy21 View Post
    I don't know about other people but I personally have not expected elite numbers from Green for 3 years now and here we are with him running away with the vote. Green shouldn't even be in consideration if getting hurt every year lowers expectations and frustration.
    Agreed - I didn't vote for either to make the final and surprised both advanced. But comparing Green to Ward - at least Green has been more relevant recently. Nowhere close to his earlier production of course, but still somewhat relevant.

It isn't always greener on the other side, +1 for Mike Green!
    I have kept this guy for too long in too many leagues!

Dobber Sports Star

Gotta be Green. 50 G and 149 P in 143 GP over a two year period -- if you had him on your team between 2008 and 2010, it was like having two #1 offensive defenders in one roster spot. He was a massive game changer, the equivalent of a 100-point scorer at forward.

Since then, he's had loads of injuries and never cracked 40 points in a season again.

Cam Ward had one very good fantasy season, but it wasn't game-changing. The rest of his production has always been mediocre. How on earth is he in the final? This isn't a contest.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Green scored freaking 31 goals in a season and had back to back 70+ point seasons. Completely unreal and I'm still totally baffled at how he fell off a cliff like that. I'd be lying if I said there still wasn't a tiny part of me that thinks he can still get much better production than he gives right now. I need to beat that tiny part on the head with copies of failed fantasy hockey rosters of course, but the fact that that little bit is still there is why he is going to win this!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Green has hurt so many fantasy owners so badly.

Green by a mile.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Green scored freaking 31 goals in a season and had back to back 70+ point seasons. Completely unreal and I'm still totally baffled at how he fell off a cliff like that. I'd be lying if I said there still wasn't a tiny part of me that thinks he can still get much better production than he gives right now. I need to beat that tiny part on the head with copies of failed fantasy hockey rosters of course, but the fact that that little bit is still there is why he is going to win this!
    During the lockout season, he did lead all defensemen in goals with 12, and had 26 points in 35 games. That's a 28 goal, 61 point pace. And there was a 2 month stretch this season where he was at a 22 goal, 55 point pace. He shows just enough flashes to make you think maybe he can bounce back....and then he finishes the season with 8 points in 20 games and ends the season at 38 points. Ugh.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Green. Ward isn't all that frustrating anymore. Most owners value him low and expect little.
    H2H CONTRACT
    C - Larkin 1, MacKinnon 1, Hischier 2
    W- Pastranak 1, Kreider1, Benn 1, Schmaltz 1,Teravinen 2, Skinner1, T. Moore [color=red]2[/color
    D - Toews 2, DeAngelo 3, Faulk 2, Morrissey 1Spence 4, Marino 1, Mike Reilly 1
    G- Hill 1Jarry 3Vanecek 4
    MINORS- Slafkovsky, Wallstedt, Gauthier, O. Moore

SKATER +-/G/A/SOG/blocks
    GOALIE GAA/W/S

Playing roster: 2C,3W,1F,4D,1G

* length of contract

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I've owned Green since 2007. Still own him. Still a believer
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Stud

I bought Green pretty low this summer. Never owned him before and I am REAAAAAALLLLY looking forward to it. I added him to a reigning champion squad so if he sinks or swims it's all the same to me. I just hope his resale value spikes at some point

Dobber Sports Master

I traded Green for Voynov and a last 1st rounder this past year. The guy caused me a lot of heart ache. I traded for him in 2008 just before he became Mike freaking Green. Its hard to let go after feeling those huge highs! Glad he's not on my team anymore though. TOO FRUSTRATING!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I think this should have been a three way final between Green, Nash and Letang. Because I own all three. Too bad Green/Letang was a semifinal. Pretty sure Letang would beat Ward handily as well.