View Poll Results: pick one (for a Keeper league)

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Landeskog

14 87.50%
  • Kunitz

2 12.50%

Thread: got offered Kunitz for my Landeskog straight up (Multicat)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default got offered Kunitz for my Landeskog straight up (Multicat)

I'm ready to say no to this deal and keep the FAR younger and on the rise roto beast in Landeskog any of you guys disagree?

i do own Crosby so that would be a nice combo in head to head though.

thanks!
    14 team Keeper Points only - limited starting roster moves
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 3G
    C: Vilardi, Dvorak, Karlsson
    LW: Vrana, Hertl, Mangiapane
    RW: Kubalik, Point, Tuch
    D: Ty Smith, Hughes, Burns, Hronek
    G: Shesterkin, Varlamov, Vanacek
    BENCH
    Kakko, Turcotte, Sharangovich, Vilardi, Beckman, Perfetti, Lysell, Sillinger, McTavish
    Drysdale, Perunovich, R.Merkley, Fagemo
    Dostal

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: got offered Kunitz for my Landeskog straight up (Multicat)

I love me some Landeskog.

They are close now, but Landeskog will increase in value as MacKinnon gets better and better - wheras Kunitz's fantasy value disappears completely if he ever gets moved off the cap-strapped Penguins and/or Crosby gets hurt again.

There are stome good arguments for Kunitz, especially interms of immediate production, but it's Landy for me.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I actually dont' think Landy is even close to Kunitz RIGHT NOW. Based on your fantasy cats, Kunitz is a fan point STUDD (Atleast in my scoring cats). But I DO agree with Savvy that for a keeper... down the road...and not FAR down the road, Kunitz will ride off into the distance while Landy will continue to improve.

Really comes down to where you think you can compete this year. If you believe you can win it this year...I'd probably keep my Kunitz. If you are trying to build... this is a great deal for you.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm almost 100% sure I'm the guy thats offering Kunitz in this deal (Hi Steve?!)
    I figured it would be a fair deal because of you owning Crosby and those two are dynamite together (both on the PP and 5 on 5). Kunitz is a multi cat stud right now and will not leave Crosbys line for some time. Even if he did, for whatever reason, he'd play with Malkin where he also had success. Crosby is a hard player to play with, and Kunitz has been the most consistent linemate Crosby has ever had, I don't see the Penguins screwing with that. Crosby himself has said he loves playing with Kunitz because Kunitz knows where to be on the ice to receive Crosby's passes

I'm also an Avalanche fan, and have been trying to get at least one forward from a team that has one of the core players. It is impossible to get Duchene or Mackinnon so have turned my sights on Landy.
    Landeskog is also a multi cat stud, theres no denying that. That being said, I don't see him getting above 65-70 points in his career, hes never been known as a big point getter anywhere in his career.

As a guy who has his share of teammates on the same line (Getzlaf and Perry for one) It's a lot of fun. Double the points on one goal makes it for me quite rewarding.

If this isn't Steve, I apologize but the sig and offer are the same from the league I'm in.

Thats my two cents, take it or leave it, thought the offer was fair in my view.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I personally don't ever see Landeskog being a stud. I've never really been super high on him I've always treated him as a (better) Ryan Callahan/Dustin Brown type. Still, in this instance, based on age, I think I'd rather have the Landeskog. I don't think Kunitz outscores Lando by enough to make up for the age variance.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I personally don't ever see Landeskog being a stud. I've never really been super high on him I've always treated him as a (better) Ryan Callahan/Dustin Brown type. Still, in this instance, based on age, I think I'd rather have the Landeskog. I don't think Kunitz outscores Lando by enough to make up for the age variance.
    Agree with you about Landeskog not being a stud on his own, necessarily.

I like Landy better on MacKinnon's line - it's a similar effect to Kunitz being on Crosby's line except that:

a.) MacKinnon isn't quite Crosby

b.) Landeskog can produce better on his own, wheras Kunitz's production is shackled to Crosby.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

One thing I'm wondering is how Landy will do without Stastny. He had awesome chemistry with him

Dobber Sports Stud

The only real upgrade you'll get from Kunitz under your settings is the PPP, but everything else, Landeskog is the superior player. I don't think Kunitz's 35 goals will become a trend by any stretch and I don't think it's out of the question for Landeskog to score 30 goals this year. They may be very very close in fantasy value in one year leagues for the next 1-2 years, but thats about it. Then you'll be sitting there regretting this for the next 10-15 years.

Dobber Sports Genius

Lando for me, I agree on a 1 year term Kunitz is probably the way to go but for the gap in stats I don't think giving up the significant age advantage that Lando has is worth it.
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Genius

Landeskog all the way, I believe he's the real deal. I also think tandems are overrated and there is no way Kunitz will sustain his recent level of production considering that he'll be 35 when the season starts and that he put up career numbers at the ages of 33/34. Its not like he was playing with bums during his prime years, he just had a solid run of puck luck recently.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar