Thread: [Re-signing] Frolik

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default [Re-signing] Frolik

30 team league, DYNASTY
    Hartford Whalers

GO CANES

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: [Re-signing] Frolik

Brutal. The $ is fine, but it's disappointing that he didn't sign a lengthier deal. Maybe it buys both sides time to find a longer term deal? If that's not the plan and Frolik isn't wild about being here long-term, that sucks and it's a real problem for the franchise. Not just about Frolik, but this has been a disappointing off-season overall for the team. Chevy needed to lock a guy like this up for a handful of years. It's better than arbitration, I guess.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Happy enough with this signing $. Disappointed that it's only one year, especially when the Jets are signing a bunch of long term contracts for their core. I'm going to assume it's the team that only wanted him for one year to prove himself MORE, but maybe that's being naive and it's actually him. Players like playing in Winnipeg, the fans treat them like gold, except for Kane...I'm not sure what's up with that.

Fantrax 18-Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G), 25/30
    Unlimited call-ups = 134 gms
    G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, W, GAA, S, SV%

C: Stamkos, Stepan, Little, T.J.
    W: Kessel, MaGranlund, Simmonds, Landeskog, Hall, Lucic, B.Ritchie, Burakovsky
    D: Gogo, Keith, Leddy, Dumba, Barrie, Forbert,
    G: Rask/Anderson/Mason
    B: Filppula/Hartman/Vrbata/Clendening

Farm: Chartier, Forsbacka Karlsson, Bowers, Chmelevski, Geekie, Gourde, AMorand, MShaw, Haapala, Merkley, Katchouk, Korshkov, Kovacs, Shinkaruk, Lindblom, O'Regan, Bear, Bengtsson, Jokiharju, Kylington, Paigin, Grzelcyk, Stanley, Vaakanainen, Koekkoek, Walman, Fitzpatrick, Berube, Pickard, Zhukov

Banned

I've never been a fan of the guy, soft as the ice cream at DQ. I'm guessing the management in Winnipeg sees it that way too and are looking for a better option long term

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

i suppose, what with arbritation looming. i hope it works out for him there, he was a good fit in winnipeg i thought, but i do agree with you that he should have done more in this offseason. as you said, not necessarily regarding frolik but as a whole, there seems to be an issue keeping a culture together and i feel the onus is on management to keep it alive. time will tell!
    30 team league, DYNASTY
    Hartford Whalers

GO CANES

Dobber Sports Veteran

Can someone please enlighten me on why the Jets filed for arbitration on this one?
    I was under the impression that only happens when they don't want to give the RFA a standard qualifying offer and seek to retain them at less than their previous contract?
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Superstar

Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    They'd better be. You'd think they could get something done along the lines of a 4 year, $4M contract. I get Frolik's desire to go to either cash in now or just wait for a big deal on the UFA market next year, but man, aside from Perreault what else has Chevy had to do? Sign a handful of AHL players to two-way deals? He had plenty of time to hammer this out. It's not the end of the world, but I'm disappointed with this contract. Frolik could very well spend the year on the 'top' line with Little and Ladd, which will inflate his numbers, and whatever deal he signs is likely to be above his true value.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    I've never been a fan of the guy, soft as the ice cream at DQ. I'm guessing the management in Winnipeg sees it that way too and are looking for a better option long term
    I never viewed Frolik as soft- quite the contrary actually. He's a good 3rd/4th line energy guy and is excellent on the PK. Good wheels and tough on his skates but lousy hands. Good guy and I always liked him as a Hawk but the Hawks couldn't fit his under the cap.

I will say that I never agreed with Dobber's Porshe/plow analogy.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    Can someone please enlighten me on why the Jets filed for arbitration on this one?
    I was under the impression that only happens when they don't want to give the RFA a standard qualifying offer and seek to retain them at less than their previous contract?
    So they had more time to work on a deal with him..

I like the 1 year deal, gives the team one more year to see if they should break the bank to keep him around..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..