Thread: Justin Schultz

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Justin Schultz

12 Team H2H Keeper League counting Points & +/-. Schultz is currently on my farm team, but has played his maximum number of games and therefore I need to make a decision on him for the coming year. When calling up a prospect, we determine the length of their contract. Their initial salary is based on where they were taken in our league entry draft. We can sign players for a maximum of three years initially, and they can only be extended once after that. Their salary increases each year, but at a much lower rate if you lock them up for three years as opposed to one year and then extending them beyond that. The catch is that if you sign a player long term and he does not pan out or produce as anticipated, there are penalties for getting rid of the player which count toward the cap. Just wondering what people think of Justin Schultz? Should I lock him up for three years, take a wait and see approach with a shorter term knowing that it could cost me more in the end, or drop him altogether. (Which I can do now with no penalty) Do you think he will quickly turn into a 40-50 point defensemen with only a moderate hit on the +/-, or is he all hype? I appreciate all input, as I did not get to see many Oilers games last year.
    YEAR ONE OF THE REBUILD

12 Team Keeper League with Salary Cap: C - ; W - ; D - Chabot, Gardiner; G -

Farm: F - L. Brown, Dauphin, Hayden, Heponiemi, Krebs, Newhook, Suzuki, Thomas, Zegras; D - Byram, Dahlin, Heiskanen, T.Smith; G - Dipietro, C.Gibson, Luukkonen

Count Pts, +/-, W, SO

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Justin Schultz

He will be 40-50 pts D for sure.

He is the #1 PP Qback in Edmonton. All Oilers players had a bad 2013-14 season, except Hall. They will be fine soon.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd sign him for that term. Schultz is never gonna be a Shea Weber-type two-way guy, but he's money for points. Acquiring Fayne and Nikitin means EDM doesn't need to rely on Schultz in much of a two-way role, since he's had a lotta difficulty with that.

I see him as a consistent 40-50 point guy as well and think his plus/minus will improve quite a bit in the next year or two. He's worth the investment.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Let's say he Marc-Andre Bergeron's his way out of the league. Even in that really painful situation you'd be looking at a couple more years if 30-35 point production, but he'll get demolished in his own end. In those three years I can't see multiple GMs tiring of him enough to make him not worth whatever contract you sign him to. The upside is there to make it a great deal for you, and the downside makes it only a below average deal.