Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Special Guest at DobberHockey Event

I...am your father.

Default Special Guest at DobberHockey Event

Once again, the event is Tuesday, July 29 from 5pm to 10pm at Sports Centre Cafe at Yonge/St.Clair in Toronto

Come and say hello!

Justin Goldman will be there, founder of the Goalie Guild, former DobberHockey writer and co-owner of Goalie Post (and current scout for the US development team)

Andrew Walker will be there, from Brady and Walker on the Fan590 weekday mornings, former host of Dobber Nation

And a special guest. I won't say who...but I will say this. He's a hockey guy, and you've seen him on TV often. We'll leave it at that!

And some of the Dobber Sports writers will be there as well

Poke your head in, sit down for a beer - all are welcome!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Special Guest at DobberHockey Event

Why won't you say who it is? Is it Don Cherry?

Dobber Sports Deity

It's times like these that I wish I lived closer to the T.Dot.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Why won't you say who it is? Is it Don Cherry?
    I was asked not to. Maybe to give him an 'out' at the last minute if he changes his mind?

Not Don Cherry though
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    It's times like these that I wish I lived closer to the T.Dot.
    Agreed! We don't get events like that around here!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I was asked not to. Maybe to give him an 'out' at the last minute if he changes his mind?

Not Don Cherry though
    Fair enough. Obviously I live several days drive away, so won't be there, but just interested in who it is. Looking forard to hearing about it after the fact.

I had an opportunity a few years ago to take a position in Milton, Ontario. We thought long and hard on it, but ultimately it was for the best that we never moved out that way. I don't think I could have really taken the crazy pace out there to life. Too much of a small town guy. Certainly miss out on opportunities like this though (as well as a great deal many other things)

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post

Not Don Cherry though
    I bet it's Pierre McGuire!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    I bet it's Pierre McGuire!

I will turn around and walk right back out.

"So Pierre, do you think I should make this trade?"

"Well, no. You see Player A is from Saginaw, where he played peewee hockey with little Jimmy Abdelkader, brother of Justin, and his Great Uncle Herbert played NCAA hockey for Notre Dame in 1934, scoring twelve goals and one assist on a line with the great Wilberforce Scarface Duncan. You just aren't going to find that sort of pedigree with Player B, though I will point out that Player B's Aunt Helga did briefly babysit a distant cousin of Mike Commodore, so that's one thing in his favour."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    I will turn around and walk right back out.

"So Pierre, do you think I should make this trade?"

"Well, no. You see Player A is from Saginaw, where he played peewee hockey with little Jimmy Abdelkader, brother of Justin, and his Great Uncle Herbert played NCAA hockey for Notre Dame in 1934, scoring twelve goals and one assist on a line with the great Wilberforce Scarface Duncan. You just aren't going to find that sort of pedigree with Player B, though I will point out that Player B's Aunt Helga did briefly babysit a distant cousin of Mike Commodore, so that's one thing in his favour."
    Hahaha, this was a very good impression of him. Love him or not, Pierre knows a LOT of stuff about players, and I can respect him for that.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Fair enough. Obviously I live several days drive away, so won't be there, but just interested in who it is. Looking forard to hearing about it after the fact.

I had an opportunity a few years ago to take a position in Milton, Ontario. We thought long and hard on it, but ultimately it was for the best that we never moved out that way. I don't think I could have really taken the crazy pace out there to life. Too much of a small town guy. Certainly miss out on opportunities like this though (as well as a great deal many other things)
    I'm also a few days drive away. Shame there are never any Dobberhockey events in say, Alberta.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Wizard

For those way outside Toronto have you considered doing a grassroots DobberHockey event? You probably won't have the big guy in attendance, but still a great opportunity to get together with other forum members and talk hockey. There has to be a huge number of forum regulars in places like Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary, to name but a few.

Are we wearing name tags? Should I get a dooley89 temp tattoo so people recognize me lol?
    For real though, I'm gonna try and pop in around 8ish!

Dobber Sports Star

Anybody else caught Dobber's clues as to who will be his guest at this event? (bold letters here and there)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    Anybody else caught Dobber's clues as to who will be his guest at this event? (bold letters here and there)
    I wasn't sure what you're talking about until I read the Ramblings. I see who it is now. Very cool!

Dobber Sports Star

I wasn't sure what you're talking about until I read the Ramblings. I see who it is now. Very cool!
    Oh yeah, forgot to say it was in today's Ramblings!