Thread: Dealing with uninterested GMs!?!

Dobber Sports Master

Default Dealing with uninterested GMs!?!

Just curious as to how you and your leagues deal with GMs who do not respond to emails, make no trades ever, send in proxies to the draft, and avoid the fantasy game in everything but owning a team. There are a couple of guys in our league that are starting to complain about one or two other guys in particular, but no one is sure how to handle it.

How do your leagues punish / motivate / deal with uninterested GMs?

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Dealing with uninterested GMs!?!

We kicked them out. It was quick and final. We now have people waiting for vacancy in our league so overtime you r best to just kick them out.
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    We kicked them out. It was quick and final. We now have people waiting for vacancy in our league so overtime you r best to just kick them out.
    Easy to say, but harder to do if they're friends. I'd try to ask the Commish to issue him a warning or something.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Have a discussion with these owners. Give them the option to give you all feedback. Talk to them about league expectation of participation then set some parameters around time frame of seeing an improvement. Usually just talking things through and setting expectations work best. If no improvement is made over a specified amount of them then talk about owner removal. But don't just start kicking owners out until you all have at least had some talks with them and given them the chance to improve their quality of ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Just curious as to how you and your leagues deal with GMs who do not respond to emails, make no trades ever, send in proxies to the draft, and avoid the fantasy game in everything but owning a team. There are a couple of guys in our league that are starting to complain about one or two other guys in particular, but no one is sure how to handle it.

How do your leagues punish / motivate / deal with uninterested GMs?

Dobber Sports Master

if everyone is aware of X amount of gm's having questionable dedication to the league then put it up for a vote to see if you want the inactive gm's ousted .

you cant teach activity/dedication level in fantasy hockey --gm's either have it or they dont .

Dobber Sports Wizard

It's complicated if there is registration money involved or it it's a league with friends.

Best to let the year ride out, then replace the GMs - unless you're willing to give a refund if you make a change mid season.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    It's complicated if there is registration money involved or it it's a league with friends.

Best to let the year ride out, then replace the GMs - unless you're willing to give a refund if you make a change mid season.
    This is exactly how I feel.. They pay their money so they can pretty much run their team how they want in all actuality..

Its easy money for the other GM's!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    This is exactly how I feel.. They pay their money so they can pretty much run their team how they want in all actuality..

Its easy money for the other GM's!!
    That's pretty much how my best friend in our keeper sees it too. He is NOT one of the uninterested GMs and has expressed frustration at times too with the few that do nothing. But, as he says, they pay their money and obviously don't mind losing every year.

I don't like the instant "kick them out" solution, but maybe a "must meets these standards before getting the boot" seems more reasonable to me. I may suggest taking away their drafting rights ( they can complete their rosters with add / drop transactions once the season starts ) which would prevent them from drafting high end talent year after year only to waste them away on a team that does nothing else to improve itself.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy