Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mikael Granlund must own ?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Mikael Granlund must own ?

What is his worth in a Salary Cap Points only limited keeper league? I'm in contention to finish in the money this upcoming season. The combination of talent potential and cap hit, make him attractive, but I feel I could probably get a player like Oshie, Pominville, Semin, Bozak, Little that might give me a better shot at winning this year.

I'm thinking if Granlund finishes say 10 points behind any of these guys, then he's worth the investment in being able to own him for years to come, and I could make up the ten points somewhere else.

Realistically what could we expect points wise out of Granlund next year and beyond?

Thanks.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Mikael Granlund must own ?

Yes. He' a great must own. He has an awesome cap ( for the short-term). He will be a 60-70 pt producer very soon, maybe this season. You say limited-keeper, so we do not know that part of your dilemma, but Granlund vs the players you mention is the better option for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky71 View Post
    What is his worth in a Salary Cap Points only limited keeper league? I'm in contention to finish in the money this upcoming season. The combination of talent potential and cap hit, make him attractive, but I feel I could probably get a player like Oshie, Pominville, Semin, Bozak, Little that might give me a better shot at winning this year.

I'm thinking if Granlund finishes say 10 points behind any of these guys, then he's worth the investment in being able to own him for years to come, and I could make up the ten points somewhere else.

Realistically what could we expect points wise out of Granlund next year and beyond?

Thanks.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Granlund won't necessarily pass Koivu on the depth chart this year, but I think he's a 55-60 point guy this year, and 60+ at minimum after that.

He's a great cheap piece - I'd nab him if I could.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Banned

Thanks.
    Yeah given his cap hit and that it is pts-only he's a great own for you since he is assist heavy and won't give you much in the way of other stats like PIM, Hits, SOG and stuff like that.
    He's dirt cheap right now and even when he does sign his RFA contract it's probably still going to be reasonable for a guy who should be getting 60 pts or so for you.
    Also look at the makeup of Minnesota, they are filthy with scoring wingers and he's guess what? A setup man center, I expect a big year from him if he can stay healthy

Dobber Sports Master

Granlund is going to be worthwhile owning in any points only league regardless of having a salary cap or not. The fact that he is cap friendly right now is a bonus.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Icon

Thanks.

Barring injury, the chances are very very high that he produces within 10 pts of all the players you listed - I'd say 80%+. Probably a reasonable chance he outpoints most of them too. Salary cap league, huge asset.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Ninja

I like him over most of those guys except perhaps Bryan Little, who I have pegged for a very solid year, and who has a good contract right now as well. (4 more years at 4.75)

Dobber Sports Star

I would try my luck with Granlund. He should be alright this year and as potential to grow.

Do people see Granlund as a ppg player in the near future? I am a Granlund owner and that is what I am hoping for. I think it's realistic from what I saw from him the past year (especially Olympics and onward). Knowing that he will likely be flanked by Vanek and Pominville for a long time doesn't hurt.
    REIGNING CHAMPION
    15 Team Limited Keeper League (18 years)
    32 Roster Spots, Protect 17,<41 games played;auto-protected
    12 Forwards, 6 Defensemen, 2 Goalies
    MY TEAM (4 years)
    Forwards: Backstrom,Ovechkin,Kuznetsov,Forsberg,Tavares, Barkov,Huberdeau,Stamkos,Hall,J.Hockey,Dadonov,Carter,Perry,Kesler,Maroon
    Defense: Karlsson,Hedman,OEL,Klingberg,Krug,Byfuglien,Keith,Seabrook
    Goalies: Bobrovsky,Vasilevsky
    Prospects: Bokk,Hayton,Dobson,Blackwood,Comrie,Hogberg
    Scoring: G: 2 A: 1 +/-: 0.5 PIM: 0.2 W: 4 L: -1 SO:5 OTL: 1

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Bronz View Post
    Do people see Granlund as a ppg player in the near future? I am a Granlund owner and that is what I am hoping for. I think it's realistic from what I saw from him the past year (especially Olympics and onward). Knowing that he will likely be flanked by Vanek and Pominville for a long time doesn't hurt.
    ***ROSE-COLOURED GLASSES ALERT***

Yes, I do think Granlund is a ppg player - he has a fantastic situation in Minnesota, he's only getting better, and he has great linemates to play with. Add that to the fact the M. Koivu can't seems to stay healthy lately, as he's got himself a great spot.

Full Disclosure: I own Granlund and love him.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    ***ROSE-COLOURED GLASSES ALERT***

Yes, I do think Granlund is a ppg player - he has a fantastic situation in Minnesota, he's only getting better, and he has great linemates to play with. Add that to the fact the M. Koivu can't seems to stay healthy lately, as he's got himself a great spot.

Full Disclosure: I own Granlund and love him.
    Haha, I tend to agree with you for the most part, I just worry about him getting banged up and missing time. If he plays a full season he should have a breakout year this season. He's got great wingers to play with and it looks like Coyle is going to lockup that 3rd line C role so that puts Granlund firmly in the top 6. Plus he's just dirty with the puck on his stick, Datsyuk-lite
    12 Team Yahoo H2H
    G A PIM +/- PPP SHP HITS GWG
    W GAA S% SO
    C: Tavares,Giroux,Kopitar,Stepan
    LW: Benn, Kunitz, Lupul, Elias
    RW: Eberle, Wheeler, Hornqvist
    D: Giordano, Yandle, Barrie, Carlson, Zidlicky
    G: Niemi, Bishop

Dobber Sports Wizard

Granlund is great for your league, this year probably expect 50-55 points.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    Haha, I tend to agree with you for the most part, I just worry about him getting banged up and missing time. If he plays a full season he should have a breakout year this season. He's got great wingers to play with and it looks like Coyle is going to lockup that 3rd line C role so that puts Granlund firmly in the top 6. Plus he's just dirty with the puck on his stick, Datsyuk-lite
    Where did you hear Coyle would be 3rd line C? I figured he'll be a top 6 W again likely with Koivu Parise, with Granlund centering the two ex Sabre buddies.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Once again, me consistent...Pomminville...gets over looked. You looking to win now, he's you guy IMO. Why leave the 10 points you feel Granlund will trail by on the table if a championship is sight?

While you are right that Jason Pominville is often overlooked, it's not a given that he produces 10 points more the Granlund this season - I'd wager the disparity is much less then that. If he produces anything more then Granlund this season the fine line between added production and long term health of the team needs to be considered even on a championship team.
    REIGNING CHAMPION
    15 Team Limited Keeper League (18 years)
    32 Roster Spots, Protect 17,<41 games played;auto-protected
    12 Forwards, 6 Defensemen, 2 Goalies
    MY TEAM (4 years)
    Forwards: Backstrom,Ovechkin,Kuznetsov,Forsberg,Tavares, Barkov,Huberdeau,Stamkos,Hall,J.Hockey,Dadonov,Carter,Perry,Kesler,Maroon
    Defense: Karlsson,Hedman,OEL,Klingberg,Krug,Byfuglien,Keith,Seabrook
    Goalies: Bobrovsky,Vasilevsky
    Prospects: Bokk,Hayton,Dobson,Blackwood,Comrie,Hogberg
    Scoring: G: 2 A: 1 +/-: 0.5 PIM: 0.2 W: 4 L: -1 SO:5 OTL: 1