Page 180 of 310 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 190 230 280 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 4638

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Jays Trade with Astros
    Liriano for Aoki + Minor Leaguer

Liriano instantly headed to BP for the Astros barring any injury or unforeseen events.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Was told by friend #9 Houston Prospect coming back (Teoscar Hernandez (OF)). 6’2”, 180lbs, 24yrs old (Oct, 15, 1992). His first MLB Home Run was off Liriano in Toronto last August funny enough.

Here’s his scouting report:
    Scouting grades: Hit: 50 | Power: 50 | Run: 60 | Arm: 55 | Field: 55 | Overall: 50

A bargain signing for $20,000 out of the Dominican Republic in 2011, Hernandez swiftly established himself as one of the best all-around athletes in the Astros' system. His prospect stock took a huge hit after he hit .219/.275/.362 in Double-A in '15, but he made adjustments last year, batting .307/.377/.459 in the upper Minors and making his big league debut. He homered three times in his first nine starts for Houston before cooling off down the stretch.

Hernandez sparked his turnaround by toning down an overly aggressive approach and improving his ability to recognize pitches. While he can make further improvements in both regards, he's doing a better job of making consistent contact (cutting his strikeout rate from 25 percent in '15 to 18 percent last year) and tapping into his solid raw power from the right side of the plate. He has started to wait for pitches to drive, and he draws a decent amount of walks rather than getting himself out with impatience.

Hernandez has plus speed and knows how to use it on the bases, making him a potential 20-20 threat. His quickness doesn't play as well in the outfield, where his instincts remain somewhat raw. He's a competent center fielder and more of an asset in right field, where he has a strong arm and saw most of his action in 2016.

Dobber Sports Titan

Jays turned Hutch into 1 yr of Liriano, Aoki, and 3 prospects now. Pretty solid dealing.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Jose Bautista has been placed on revocable waivers by the Jays. From what I can tell this means they have some interest in trading him. I think he would be a good add as a power bench bat for a lot of Playoff contenders. Can still give you a solid at bat and can handle himself in either corner field. Also I believe he has a No Trade Clause so it will be interesting to see what happens.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Monster

What does this revocable waivers mean? can someone pick him up right now and jays lose out on him? if not whats the point of this revocable waivers?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

It is my understanding that revocable waivers mean that if someone claims him, the Blue Jays have the right to 'revoke' putting him on waivers. They can also try to work out a deal with the team that has claimed him off waivers.

If he clears revocable waivers then the team is able to negotiate trades with any team.

Again this is just my understanding. Supposedly one of the guys from Sportsnet 590 has an article explaining it in depth,but i have not been able to find it. I heard it on their podcast.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Normal waivers- player is waived, all teams can make a claim, if multiple teams make a claim team with the worst record gets the player.

Revocable waivers- player is waived, all teams can make a claim, if no one makes a claim the player can be traded to any team despite the previous trade deadline.
    If one or more teams makes a claim team with worst record has right to claim, if waiving team (Jays) don`t want to give player to claiming team they can pull the player back off waivers.

Seems kind of like a giant dance. I found this article that does a pretty good job of explaining the ins and outs:
    https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/20...chhikers-guide

It seems the Jays are testing the waters, they`re looking for teams to make a claim for him and if a claim is made the claiming team has shown some interest in Bautista and the Jays can ask for some compensation. Also, they`re covering themselves to trade Bautista unconditionally since the non-waiver deadline has passed.

From here there are mulitple games of chicken:
    The Jays have shown interest in trading him,
    If a team makes a claim they have shown some interest in acquiring him. Maybe a team waits and hopes he clears waivers and then they can make a standard trade, that way they haven`t shown interest, but maybe they miss the boat all together.
    Also, the article points out that sometimes, an inferior record team may make a claim for a player simply to bar a superior record team from getting him, with no intention of paying anything for him. Again, confusing as hell.
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    NO IR

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    It is my understanding that revocable waivers mean that if someone claims him, the Blue Jays have the right to 'revoke' putting him on waivers. They can also try to work out a deal with the team that has claimed him off waivers.

If he clears revocable waivers then the team is able to negotiate trades with any team.

Again this is just my understanding. Supposedly one of the guys from Sportsnet 590 has an article explaining it in depth,but i have not been able to find it. I heard it on their podcast.

Ling to the article mentioned above :

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...rade-deadline/

Dobber Sports Titan

Players go on it all the time without us knowing it. It's not a big deal in my eyes. Unless he turns it on and a team gets an injury, he's a Jay for the year.

Also, pretty sure anyone who brings on Bautista can't use him in the playoffs now. Kinda like Barney last yr (or was that the yr before?).

Dobber Sports Deity

With Bautista they Jays have options (kind of).

First, any team can claim him and the Jays can enter into negotiations with that team exclusively. I am sure if a team claims him with the idea of negotiating, they will be looking for the Jays to eat some of his remaining salary.

Second, any team can claim him and the Jays can walk away and simply let the other team take him, in which that other team assumes the full remainder of his salary.

Third, he will pass through waivers and then the Jays can negotiate with anyone for his services.

I have a hard time seeing anyone claim him.

All this is moot anyways if Bautista shitcans any move, which he has the ability to do. Either way, this will be Bautista's last year with the Jays.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Ya it's moot anyways like Axeman said. He won't accept a trade. And in all seriousness the guys likely going to be in the Ring of Excellence, to not finish his career with the Jays and for management to trade him for a prospect that has a 1% chance of making a mark in the big leagues is unlikely going to happen. I know it's bad to think this way business wise, but you're not getting anything for JB, and might as well go down with him for the rest of the yr in my mind.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah it's actually extremely common for guys to go on revocable waivers after the trade deadline- I'm pretty sure most players are put on it. I'm also sure that they were actively TRYING to shop Bautista before the deadline, but they just didn't see any offers coming their way that were worth considering seriously (unsurprisingly so). But the whole point of having waiver-trades after the trade deadline is because baseball is such a long season, injuries happen, especially late in the year. Teams decide that they maybe missed an opportunity to improve their team and change their mindset post-deadline.

I will say this - I actually think it would be a mistake to just let Bautista walk as a salary dump. I know it's not my money that's being spent and I know that generally getting something is better than nothing, but I think it would be a big blow to the fan base to see him given away for $. IF you can get a solid prospect in return then fine, but I doubt that'll be the case. Teams would be much more willing to throw money away to get a player like Bautista than real physical assets. Like it or not he's a guy that fans go to watch.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Players go on it all the time without us knowing it. It's not a big deal in my eyes. Unless he turns it on and a team gets an injury, he's a Jay for the year.

Also, pretty sure anyone who brings on Bautista can't use him in the playoffs now. Kinda like Barney last yr (or was that the yr before?).
    The guys on Sportsnet 590 suggested that every player on teams not making playoffs go on revocable waivers at some point between the July 31 deadline and the end of the season.

Likely to see if there is interest in another team that wants them or to open up the door for a possible trade if a player on some team gets injured.

The example given was if both Clevelands catchers get injured they need a new catcher.....

Two scenarios:

1) Toronto puts Martin on waivers after this news happens, a playoff team with a worse record is going to put a claim in so that Cleveland can not put a trade in for him or let him clear waivers then trade for him. This prevents him from being able to go and help Cleveland who is in desparate need of a catcher.

2) Toronto puts Martin on waivers right after the trade deadline (long before Cleveland's two catchers have been injured) and Martin clears waivers. Then when Cleveland injures both their catchers, then Toronto has a cleared Martin that they can trade to Cleveland and no team can block it.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

From what I've read players are eligible for the playoffs so long as they are acquired on or before August 31. Barney was acquired in September 13th, 2015 making him ineligible for the playoffs that season.
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    From what I've read players are eligible for the playoffs so long as they are acquired on or before August 31. Barney was acquired in September 13th, 2015 making him ineligible for the playoffs that season.
    Ah ok, knew there was a date where you can trade and just not be eligible for the playoffs. just got the month wrong. thank ya!