Page 177 of 310 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 187 227 277 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 4638

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

I guess I forget he's 30 already because he's only been in the league for a few years.

Dobber Sports Titan

Im so glad i spent money to go see the Jays in Cleveland this past weekend.....
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

LOL, rough...

After having a taste of what it's like to watch meaningful baseball, it's kind of a bummer to go back to the old "there's always next year" mentality that I've basically been forced to have my whole life lol. Oh well. Going on Wednesday hope they put on a good show.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    LOL, rough...

After having a taste of what it's like to watch meaningful baseball, it's kind of a bummer to go back to the old "there's always next year" mentality that I've basically been forced to have my whole life lol. Oh well. Going on Wednesday hope they put on a good show.
    The best part of the weekend was the Jays getting blownout on sunday so we could leave early and get back home before bedtime.

Dobber Sports Deity

What sad is watching all the other teams selling prime assets for high end prospects while the Jays muddle away, continuing to fool themselves by thinking they are still in a playoff position. Sad.

Come on management, you are missing the boat.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    What sad is watching all the other teams selling prime assets for high end prospects while the Jays muddle away, continuing to fool themselves by thinking they are still in a playoff position. Sad.

Come on management, you are missing the boat.
    With the pick up of the Yankees 4th best prospect 2 yrs ago and the fact he's a Util guy, I bet they start it soon. The Util helps if they sell off anyone, they can actually put someone into the lineup and he's still young.

Dobber Sports Padawan

The Jays will make trades where they can. But do not expect to receive a boatload of prime prospects for players other than Stroman, Sanchez or Osuna. And it doesn't make any sense to trade those three

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah, I'm not really sure what management can do here. It's like a perfect storm situation of shit. Pitching gone to shit. Hitting gone to shit. Defense gone to shit.

And all of the guys that SHOULD be valuable to fetch some future help without destroying the core are all tanking the shit out of their seasons.

One could make the argument that they should just go all in on the tank and sell on all pieces...go full rebuild mode. Honestly I would probably prefer that than to watch them flounder like the Canucks have for the past 5 years.

Dobber Sports Titan

The procedure they did to Sanchez was taking a piece of nail off, so a large portion is burned (with ACID!), sensitive skin getting rolled over by the baseball every throw. He’ll be blister ridden ALL yr until he can go 15weeks without throwing a ball to let it completely heal. He’s a starter, just not this yr. And it’s at least not ligaments or anything like that getting hurt so he can come back, throw a few games, 10DL stint. Just lather rinse repeat now, you don’t want to be messing up his “game day routine” when the team isn’t going to the playoffs.

He’s always had this blister problem, just he’s thrown under a certain amount of Innings where it hasn’t risen, and it rose quickly this yr because they switched the balls.

Donaldson is hurt, so better to wait until next yr and hope he raises his stock level to get a better package. But he’ll need to be traded soon.

Goins sticks because of defense. That’s it at this point.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

If management sees this team for what it really is they should try to sell off as many assets as possible.

For arguments sake, I believe they should entertain offers for everyone (including Osuna). They have the oldest roster in the major leagues and they need to stock the cupboard with prospects as well as create payroll flexibility. I think the most valuable guys in the organization are Stroman, Osuna, Donaldson, Sanchez, Smoak and our prospects.

Our outfield situation couldn't get much worse. Everyone likes Kevin Pillar but contending teams do not have a light-hitting centre fielder. Jose Bautista is better suited as a power bat coming off the bench or full time DH now and Ezequiel Carrera is probably the worst starting left fielder in baseball.

My worry is that they're making so much money that they don't give a damn but I get the impression that Ross Atkins and Mark Shapiro are trying to gather as much young talent as possible. However, if the rest of the front office is so satisfied with the revenue this team is bringing in even when they are way below average that can cause a whole laundry list of problems.

I hope they do the right thing but I'm worried they're going to have a very quiet trade deadline.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I've always said that I think the biggest mistake that a sporting franchise can make is be paralyzed and unwilling to accept the inevitable.

All of, if not most sporting franchises that are able to maintain a high level of competitiveness year after year are the ones that are able to make the tough decisions to do a quick re-tooling, sacrificing some short-term gain while recognizing that it's necessary for long-term success.

Like I said, I'd be happier if they blew the team up and loaded up on some good long-term pieces under control to make a run for it 2-3 years down the road. They had a window and they missed out...time to accept the situation for what it is.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Both Adnan Virk and Stephen Brunt are of the opinion that of the guys the Jays want to sell, you're not getting much of anything for any of them. As fans tend to do, I think people are really misrepresenting the performance of the Jays sellable assets this year if you think they're missing out on top prospects through movement paralysis. Plain and simple, outside of Osuna, Stroman, Sanchez, and Donaldson, nobody on the roster is really worth much of anything.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Both Adnan Virk and Stephen Brunt are of the opinion that of the guys the Jays want to sell, you're not getting much of anything for any of them. As fans tend to do, I think people are really misrepresenting the performance of the Jays sellable assets this year if you think they're missing out on top prospects through movement paralysis. Plain and simple, outside of Osuna, Stroman, Sanchez, and Donaldson, nobody on the roster is really worth much of anything.
    Steve Phillips basically said the same thing, in regards to the Jays selling Bautista or Marco Estrada (the two Jays who are free agents at the end of this year). Neither would bring back much of a return, probably a 2nd tier prospect type of player. Even guys like Russell Martin or Tulo, who are both making $20M this year and not playing anywhere near their salary value would be hard to trade and are probably going to be retained because no one will want them at that salary.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Liriano and Happ too. A lot of guys picking a bad time to have a bad year.

The only guy who really is performing like a valuable tradeable asset is Smoak, and there aren't a lot of contenders in need of a 1st baseman.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Liriano and Happ too. A lot of guys picking a bad time to have a bad year.

The only guy who really is performing like a valuable tradeable asset is Smoak, and there aren't a lot of contenders in need of a 1st baseman.
    Liriano and Happy are lefties and still carry too much weight in trade talks.

Joe Smith and Loup are possibilities to move too.