Page 134 of 310 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 144 184 234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Unfortunately, limited options and from what I've seen. Jr Lake is back up now and Pompey just hasn't been the player they hoped for so far this year.
    Sadly Pompey has better numbers than Lake, and this Cecciliani (whoever) guy. Pompey’s brother tweeted out this stupid thing about how Toronto is screwing up not bringing up Pompey, which pretty much means we won’t see Pompey this yr.

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.asp...2Bup&id=586761
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Sadly Pompey has better numbers than Lake, and this Cecciliani (whoever) guy. Pompey’s brother tweeted out this stupid thing about how Toronto is screwing up not bringing up Pompey, which pretty much means we won’t see Pompey this yr.

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.asp...2Bup&id=586761
    We'll see him in September when the rosters increase. I've also read that Pompey has been playing better as of late but the Jays don't want him wasting away on the bench and would rather see him playing daily in AAA. I don't know, at this point, if he's their best option then he should be up there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Pompey's brother is a ****ing idiot and frankly it concerns me that Dalton has a moron like him blabbering this shit in his ear.

The Jays want Pompey to succeed because they think he has legitimate talent. Even Atkins came out and said it, which is pretty much a slap in the face to Cecciliani and Lake.

Dobber Sports Ninja

We'll see him in September when the rosters increase. I've also read that Pompey has been playing better as of late but the Jays don't want him wasting away on the bench and would rather see him playing daily in AAA. I don't know, at this point, if he's their best option then he should be up there.
    I'd rather he stay in Triple-A and get consistent at bats for another few weeks tbh.

I think the Jays will survive off the platoon. What they can't afford is to keep jerking Pompey up and down. And his brother better keep his mouth shut unless he wants Dalton to become the next Travis Snider.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Pompey's brother is a ****ing idiot and frankly it concerns me that Dalton has a moron like him blabbering this shit in his ear.

The Jays want Pompey to succeed because they think he has legitimate talent. Even Atkins came out and said it, which is pretty much a slap in the face to Cecciliani and Lake.
    I agree it was completely unnecessary of his brother.
    Lake and Cecciliani know he's the top prospect though, so I don't see it too much as a slap in the face.

As you said though Axe, limited options, and I do agree with that. Probably nothing I would do differently in this case. It's just not ideal the whole way around.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

What the hell has happened to Saunders since the ASG? The guy was striking out a lot before the break, but seems to be doing it way too often since the break.
    He's been absolutely brutal since the ASG... I think it's psychological with him at this point.

I've noticed a number of the hot bats early in the year have really cooled off... Saunders, Barney, Smoke, even Tulo to a lesser extent. Fortunately Devon the BEAST Travis, Martin and a few others have picked it up, and Eddy/JD are doing their usual thing.

On another note, I'm really beginning to like what I see with the bullpen with Chavez and Storen gone. Biagini and Grillii's consistency (especially with him in that 8th slot) has solidified a lot of the bullpen chaos during the first half of the year.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    He's been absolutely brutal since the ASG... I think it's psychological with him at this point.

I've noticed a number of the hot bats early in the year have really cooled off... Saunders, Barney, Smoke, even Tulo to a lesser extent. Fortunately Devon the BEAST Travis, Martin and a few others have picked it up, and Eddy/JD are doing their usual thing.

On another note, I'm really beginning to like what I see with the bullpen with Chavez and Storen gone. Biagini and Grillii's consistency (especially with him in that 8th slot) has solidified a lot of the bullpen chaos during the first half of the year.
    Agreed!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Agreed!
    Besides Tuesday nights game….

Dobber Sports Ninja

Eh...Feldman ain't doing much better. In fact he's been worse for us than Chavez has been for the Dodgers since the trade, which is saying something because Chavez has been terrible for the Dodgers.

But I'm glad to never have to see Sweaty Storen wear a Jays uniform anymore. Woof.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Do we go for Carlos Gomez?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Do we go for Carlos Gomez?
    I hope not. He has been dreadful. Apparently the Mets may have interest in him though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

If it’s cheap, I think I’d take a stab. However a team like the Mets will pay more for him. But he’s only $9mill this yr and a FA at the end of it, so you’re spending ~$4mill on him.

However, I’d only do it to get through the injury woes Toronto has now, and see what happens.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

From what I hear, the 6 man rotation isn't going to last long, and it's still pretty much a foregone conclusion Sanchez will go to the bullpen at some point.

From my perspective, unless the Jays win the world series, management has failed the fans and the players if they move Sanchez to the pen. Doesn't matter what happens next year, doesn't matter what happens to Sanchez's health.

Banners fly forever. There's no guarantee a 5 man rotation with Liriano in the pen and Sanchez as a starter do they win the World Series, but that's what gives them the best chance to win the World Series. If you're not doing whatever gives you the best chance to win, you're failing your team and your fans. ESPECIALLY because there is no definitive blueprint for how to handle young pitchers. Sanchez could pitch in a 5 man rotation for the rest of the season and be fine health wise for the rest of his career. He could move the the bullpen or get shut down completely and blowout his arm first pitch next season. Literally nobody knows. There's no way to predict or measure it.

Banners fly forever. Make the decision that gives you the best chance to fly one.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    From what I hear, the 6 man rotation isn't going to last long, and it's still pretty much a foregone conclusion Sanchez will go to the bullpen at some point.

From my perspective, unless the Jays win the world series, management has failed the fans and the players if they move Sanchez to the pen. Doesn't matter what happens next year, doesn't matter what happens to Sanchez's health.

Banners fly forever. There's no guarantee a 5 man rotation with Liriano in the pen and Sanchez as a starter do they win the World Series, but that's what gives them the best chance to win the World Series. If you're not doing whatever gives you the best chance to win, you're failing your team and your fans. ESPECIALLY because there is no definitive blueprint for how to handle young pitchers. Sanchez could pitch in a 5 man rotation for the rest of the season and be fine health wise for the rest of his career. He could move the the bullpen or get shut down completely and blowout his arm first pitch next season. Literally nobody knows. There's no way to predict or measure it.

Banners fly forever. Make the decision that gives you the best chance to fly one.
    IS there any chance, whatsoever, that Liriano could leap frog someone OTHER than Sanchez to JOIN him in the starting rotation? Someone like...oh I don't know... that other "ra" fella?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    IS there any chance, whatsoever, that Liriano could leap frog someone OTHER than Sanchez to JOIN him in the starting rotation? Someone like...oh I don't know... that other "ra" fella?
    That would e quite interesting... how effective would that other fella be out of the bullpen you think though?