Page 133 of 310 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 143 183 233 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It’s hard going up to bat every 5th day when you’re not an amazing hitter to begin with and try to get in a groove. Like, Thole has 101 ABs, starters get that in like 3 weeks. I think the Jays just got spoiled with Navarro as a backup catcher.

Plus it’s Thole’s last yr likely in the majors (unless BSox want him), it’s not like he’ll be continuing to play like this for the Jays. It’s a backup catcher…..They’re rarely good.
    It's true. They tried to deal Navarro but couldn't find any takers. It's very rare for teams to have two catchers with the hitting prowess that the Jays did last year.

He's serviceable and it's a long season

Dobber Sports Ninja

That was arguably the worst game of the year last night.

Defense was atrocious. Bats couldn't come up with important hits. Estrada wasn't his usual sharp self.

Hope they got it all out of them in that one game. The stupid part is they could have won that game despite 5 gongshow innings. But the bats couldn't score any runs with bases loaded nobody out.l

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    That was arguably the worst game of the year last night.

Defense was atrocious. Bats couldn't come up with important hits. Estrada wasn't his usual sharp self.

Hope they got it all out of them in that one game. The stupid part is they could have won that game despite 5 gongshow innings. But the bats couldn't score any runs with bases loaded nobody out.l
    Nope.....it's all because of the 6 man rotation. 2-3 since then.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I think the sample is too small to deduce anything yet.
    Having said that, did anyone catch Estrada's post game remarks?
    Reading between the lines, he almost seemed a little annoyed by the 6 man rotation, commenting on "being rusty." Then he kind of stifled himself and said he just needs to adjust, throw a little more in between starts, etc.
    Ya I was saying that tongue in cheek but I can see both sides of the argument.

Having obviously never been a pitcher my initial thought is what the hell does one extra day really do to screw up your flow? Of course they'd have to change their approach and throw more.

But the create of habit in me thinks how much I thrive on routines in my own life (even when it comes to working out) and I can see how it could be bothersome.

Dobber Sports Titan

Doesn’t help it seemed like Tampa was hitting everything to a hole, and Toronto was doing the complete opposite. Toronto was hitting it just foul, or right at someone, and Tampa was hitting it just fair and right to a gap.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Streak of 17 solo homeruns broken. About damn time. Tulo has to be one of my favourite players to watch when he's playing at an elite level on both sides of the field.

Also nice to see Upton's game shine through last night. Was really excited about his acquisition but he has generally been quite a disappointment thus far. Nice to see him get in the mix...he stole 3 bases with ease lol.

Dunno if anyone else noticed this, but Donaldson looks like he's shell shocked at the plate. When Farquhar threw a breaking ball that looked like it was coming inside and then it curved back in he had a pretty hard panic moment and kind of looked like he was trying to snap himself out of it afterward. His other at bats didn't look very good either. Wonder if he's still a little rattled since getting hit in the helmet by Herrera.

Oh yeah, and that guy Happ. What a player.

1st in the AL East let's goooo.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Streak of 17 solo homeruns broken. About damn time. Tulo has to be one of my favourite players to watch when he's playing at an elite level on both sides of the field.

Also nice to see Upton's game shine through last night. Was really excited about his acquisition but he has generally been quite a disappointment thus far. Nice to see him get in the mix...he stole 3 bases with ease lol.

Dunno if anyone else noticed this, but Donaldson looks like he's shell shocked at the plate. When Farquhar threw a breaking ball that looked like it was coming inside and then it curved back in he had a pretty hard panic moment and kind of looked like he was trying to snap himself out of it afterward. His other at bats didn't look very good either. Wonder if he's still a little rattled since getting hit in the helmet by Herrera.

Oh yeah, and that guy Happ. What a player.

1st in the AL East let's goooo.
    Summed up the game pretty well. I may actually watch the Baltimore game tonight too. We could use all the help we can get from Oakland to pad the lead.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

What the hell has happened to Saunders since the ASG? The guy was striking out a lot before the break, but seems to be doing it way too often since the break.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Summed up the game pretty well. I may actually watch the Baltimore game tonight too. We could use all the help we can get from Oakland to pad the lead.
    Yeah I actually caught the very end of their game last night...was very tight. Tuned in when there was a runner on first and nobody out with a 1 run lead, Axford had to go up against Trumbo Schoop and Davis...managed to strike Trumbo out, get Schoop to ground into a fielders choice and Davis to fly out to end the game. Super exciting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    What the hell has happened to Saunders since the ASG? The guy was striking out a lot before the break, but seems to be doing it way too often since the break.
    Yeah he hasn't been hitting well at all lately. He's dropped 20 points on his average and 60 on his OPS. That's kind of the beautiful thing about the way that this lineup has functioned over the past few months or so though, when one guy starts to tank it, two more step up and take his place to carry the load (albeit over the past couple weeks not so much )

Also did anyone see the bench's reaction for Smoak finally getting the monkey off his back and hitting a homerun? LOVE seeing things clicking in the dugout like that. Except when he threw his helmet in the dugout i was scared shitless for a second because i thought he was gonna hit Saunders in the knee and injure him.

Dobber Sports Deity

With Pillar and now Bautista out, picking up Upton Jr makes a lot more sense now.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

With Pillar and now Bautista out, picking up Upton Jr makes a lot more sense now.
    It does look like a really shrewd move. Getting Carrera back in the next few days will be great too for the OF. No knock against Cecciliani, but he's not a full time major leaguer yet.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Deity

It does look like a really shrewd move. Getting Carrera back in the next few days will be great too for the OF. No knock against Cecciliani, but he's not a full time major leaguer yet.
    True, but it will be good to see him get some AB's at the big league level.

Dobber Sports Titan

True, but it will be good to see him get some AB's at the big league level.
    Not that I disagree, I just don't know if right in the middle of August in our Pennant race is the most ideal time for it.

Dobber Sports Titan

Upton was itching to steal ever since he got to Toronto, glad he was able to finally do it. That trade looks amazing now since Bautista (playing his way to a short term contract) and Pillar are out. If Upton can play well enough and steal bases, he may play his way onto the starting lineup. Not saying Pillar is going to be benched, but….like……he may…..

I know it sounds crazy, but if Upton supplies the same as Pillar, but SB…he could eat into Pillars time. It’s like the slimmest of chances because Gibbons wouldn’t do that to a starter. It sounds preposterous, but I think he can eat at Pillar’s playing time to keep Pillar healthy.

I think we see age catching up to Bautista now. He finished the game and woke up in a lot of pain. That’s a red flag for me. Young players wake up in some pain, but never in a lot on a play like that. You could even say his legs were tired and that’s why he got a spike caught. The fact he finished the game and woke up in a lot of pain concerns me, it’s like when a middle aged man says, “I’ll feel that in the morning”. You never hear a young person say that unless it’s in jest.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Not that I disagree, I just don't know if right in the middle of August in our Pennant race is the most ideal time for it.
    Unfortunately, limited options and from what I've seen. Jr Lake is back up now and Pompey just hasn't been the player they hoped for so far this year.