Page 130 of 310 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 140 180 230 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I'm just thankful we got rid of Chavez...
    I totally agree, I am stoked I don't have to see his crazy face everytime I turn on the Jays game..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Nice little bounce back from the boys. Losing those two extra inning games on Sun/Mon was heartbreaking but nice to see them take the next 3. Pitching has been phenomenal. Jays set a record for most strikeouts in a 4-game series with 61 lol. Nice to see the pitching carry the offense through it again though.

Biggest news of the week though is the announcement that Sanchez will remain in the starting rotation for now and they will move forward for the immediate future with a 6-man rotation. Wouldn't surprise me if they skip a start here and there to limit his innings even further in the event we make the playoffs. Hopefully the rest of the pitching staff can adjust.

Excited to see Liriano in action tonight. I really hope he comes out with a strong outing.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Nice little bounce back from the boys. Losing those two extra inning games on Sun/Mon was heartbreaking but nice to see them take the next 3. Pitching has been phenomenal. Jays set a record for most strikeouts in a 4-game series with 61 lol. Nice to see the pitching carry the offense through it again though.

Biggest news of the week though is the announcement that Sanchez will remain in the starting rotation for now and they will move forward for the immediate future with a 6-man rotation. Wouldn't surprise me if they skip a start here and there to limit his innings even further in the event we make the playoffs. Hopefully the rest of the pitching staff can adjust.

Excited to see Liriano in action tonight. I really hope he comes out with a strong outing.
    If I had thought to post in here, these would have been my thoughts as well. I like Liriano and have for a few years, so I will definitely be tuning in.
    The 61 Ks is worrisome, but it got covered up this weekend by the pitching and defence. 5 runs allowed in a four game series is pretty freaking impressive.

I like the 6 man rotation decision, especially for Sanchez. I do agree we need to limit him a little, but messing with his routine by tossing him in the bullpen is probably not the best idea (just my opinion - no medical background whatsoever).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

A few benefits (if it doesn’t screw up players routines) is more rest for Estrada’s back, and more rest for Stroman who is coming off a blown knee. The only one I’m worried about the extra rest is Dickey. It may screw him up.

Also, I’m not worried about the lack of runs this 4 game series, Toronto is first in the AL for ERA, Houston is second. Toronto saw 2 pitchers no MLB team has seen, and Toronto’s best attribute is knowing the pitcher/batting knowledge.

Also, Martin has reached safely in 22 straight games, and has an average of 0.306 (I think) over that time, and like a 0.479OBP. He’s finally coming around
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    A few benefits (if it doesn’t screw up players routines) is more rest for Estrada’s back, and more rest for Stroman who is coming off a blown knee. The only one I’m worried about the extra rest is Dickey. It may screw him up.

Also, I’m not worried about the lack of runs this 4 game series, Toronto is first in the AL for ERA, Houston is second. Toronto saw 2 pitchers no MLB team has seen, and Toronto’s best attribute is knowing the pitcher/batting knowledge.

Also, Martin has reached safely in 22 straight games, and has an average of 0.306 (I think) over that time, and like a 0.479OBP. He’s finally coming around
    Considering the inconsistency of Dickey this year, I have no problem with him sitting extra days in between starts. The less we see Dickey starting the better IMO.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Considering the inconsistency of Dickey this year, I have no problem with him sitting extra days in between starts. The less we see Dickey starting the better IMO.
    I don't disagree with you, but the last showing in Houston was a gem.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I don't disagree with you, but the last showing in Houston was a gem.
    No arguing, but his inconsistency has been mind-numbing this year. I just cringe every time he goes to the mound now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

They should separate Dickey and Sanchez on starts. Something like Happ, Sanchez, Estrada, Dickey, Stroman, Liriano. Something to let the BP rest after Dickey/Sanchez’s starts if they want to limit IP for Sanchez. One of the better things with Dickey is he’s able to go 7IP without much concern if he gets passed the 3rd.

7, 7, 7, 6, 3, 5.2, 7 are his last 7 games for IP. He’s really helped the BP out in the majority of games since July. The biggest issue is that 3IP game. That kills a BP.

The way the rotation is set up now it’s:
    Liriano, Sanchez, Stroman, Dickey, Estrada, Happ.

I would want Liriano, Sanchez, and Dickey separated more.
    Happ, Liriano, Stroman, Sanchez, Estrada, Dickey
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

MLB record for Ks in a series!!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    No arguing, but his inconsistency has been mind-numbing this year. I just cringe every time he goes to the mound now.
    I'm with you. It's definitely not a comforting thought.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hopefully Liriano is serviceable as a starter for Sanchez' sake.

I'm glad they reconsidered their decision... at least for the time being.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Hopefully Liriano is serviceable as a starter for Sanchez' sake.

I'm glad they reconsidered their decision... at least for the time being.
    I'm looking forward to seeing him pitch tonight / chemistry with martin

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Huge win tonight for the Jays.. Barney went from goat to hero after he picked that Martin throw out of the dirt and applied the tag at 3rd base in the 9th inning!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

That's what it's all about too. Picking it up when you've made a mistake. Great play at third after the terrible throw to first.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Huge win tonight for the Jays.. Barney went from goat to hero after he picked that Martin throw out of the dirt and applied the tag at 3rd base in the 9th inning!!
    He was pretty pumped.
    I was worried after they left the bases full in the top half of the 9th, felt that was a bad sign. The bullpen has been solid lately though, which is great to see.
    Also good that JD is okay. Not fun to take a ball to the face.