Page 110 of 310 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

I like the start Goins is off too. He showing some good pop behind the plate. Hopefully the numbers pick up a little bit to reflect that.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Yeah that was a really encouraging start from Estrada fresh off his new contract. Absolutely dominant.

I want to see Tulo on the field whenever he can go aside from the odd maintenance day.
    I don’t disagree with you at all, and with the dirt infield maybe Tulo holds up a bit more than we’re used to seeing. But if he is tired in the legs, or has a tight calf, Gibbons shouldn’t be hesitant to DH him, especially when Travis is back HEALTHY. Goins is a gold glove caliber player, and you want Travis hitting as often as you can (because he’s an actual lead off), having Tulo on DH could extend his health.

If tulo is playing, I want Goins at 2B tho. To come in mid-season Travis is going to have to be 100% sharp because SS and 2B need chemistry to play together well. Tulo has been instructing everyone on the field this yr like it’s no one’s business. He even tells Donaldson what to do because that’s SS job. He’s the commander of the IF. If Travis comes in and can’t work with Tulo it could be costly. I rather see him and Goins play and have Goins instruct him what to do, since they’ve already played together, and Goins will likely give up more to his 2B than Tulo.

However, I’m no baseball guy, so I could have easily said the complete opposite thing a team should do. Maybe they want the commander out there to nail down what to do with a young 2B coming into the season not in midseason form.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Nice gesture.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2645679/re.../?sf24583762=1

BOSTON — Toronto first baseman Chris Colabello showed up at his locker the morning after getting beaned by Steven Wright to find a gift waiting for him from the Boston right-hander.

“Steven decided that he was going to send over a gift,” Colabello said, moving his clothes and uniform out of the way to show a large bottle of liquor sitting underneath.

“He didn’t have to,” he said Monday as he was getting ready for the annual Patriots’ Day game. “I’m sure that’s not cheap, too.”

On Sunday, Wright hit the infielder with an 87 mph fastball in the helmet, sending him to the ground. He sat on the ground for a while and was checked out by a trainer before getting up and trotting to first base.

Wright was visibly upset on the mound, took off his hat and chatted with Colabello when he made his way to first.

The last thing Colabello expected was a gift.

“He went above and beyond in my eyes,” he said. “It was pretty obvious there was no intent. You could see by his reaction.”

Colabello said the act of a pitcher sending a gift to a player after hitting him “happens more than people know. You build relationships with people.”

Now, the Blue Jays player wants to send a note back via his former teammate from last season, David Price.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Happ was great today. Just got pulled in the 8th with a man on 2nd 0 outs. But only allowing 1 run to the Sox is no easy feat.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Happ was great today. Just got pulled in the 8th with a man on 2nd 0 outs. But only allowing 1 run to the Sox is no easy feat.
    Mannnnnnnnnnnnn Storen scares me. Glad they pulled out a win and cracked Kimbrel a bit.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Great game by Happ. The starters outside of Dickey have been phenomenal early on. The Bullpen is coming around a little bit, Cecil looked good. Storen did not look like he had the pieces of a dominant closer.

Glad the Jays could get the 4 they needed, turns out they needed every single one. If we can get a few more timely hits, and stop grounding into so many double plays we could put up some big numbers.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

Fun game to watch, though a little more anxious towards the end than I was hoping for!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Mannnnnnnnnnnnn Storen scares me. Glad they pulled out a win and cracked Kimbrel a bit.
    I was ready to go back and find the post I made about how Storen mentally had to be the closer when he had 2 outs and was looking like he was rolling through for an easy save. Glad I didn’t waste my time lol. I think he’s still getting comfortable with his opponents, and with Martin. I still have faith he’ll be a lock down.

As for Cecil, the second he starts painting the curve on the lines, he’s back. You saw it a bit yesterday. He’s all about making you chase a dirt ball, or letting you watch it hit the corner perfectly. If he doesn’t hit the corner, no point even swinging at one.

Jays got lucky with the BSox RP seemingly cracking uncharacteristically. The Uhera (or whatever) pitcher has only hit like 9 guys in his career? And I don’t expect that many walks often from a team that has Kimbrel on their roster. Oh well, WINS A WIN!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hilarious disaster of an 8th inning from the Red Sox. Almost as hilarious as when the Rangers threw the ball around last year in game 5.

- Infield hit w/ throwing error advancing runner to second.
    - Walking Smoak after getting ahead of him 1-2
    - Passed ball advancing runners
    - Hits Donaldson
    - Walks in Tulowitzki after jumping ahead of him 1-2
    - Gives up a hit to Russel Martin (which wasn't even on a bad pitch either)

HILARIOUS. I was at work so all i could see were the boxscores but i made sure to watch the 8th when they were replaying it at night.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Almost as hilarious as when the Rangers threw the ball around last year in game 5.
    Almost, but I'm not sure anything can get to that level. Hopefully this series was a bit of a wake-up that they have good competition in the division and put their foot on the gas pedal a little bit harder.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Almost, but I'm not sure anything can get to that level. Hopefully this series was a bit of a wake-up that they have good competition in the division and put their foot on the gas pedal a little bit harder.
    Considering Texas had one of the most, if not the most, errors out of any MLB last yr, and had none in the series, it was bound to happen. I just wasn’t expecting it to happen 3 straight plays.

Dobber Sports Titan

When Dickey went out, so should have Thole. He can’t catch anything but a knuckleball it seems. He can’t block pitches either.

Maybe I’ve been spoiled seeing Martin too much.

Dobber Sports Deity

When Dickey went out, so should have Thole. He can’t catch anything but a knuckleball it seems. He can’t block pitches either.

He cant hit worth a damn either.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I agree. What a way to lose that game. Couldn't believe it when it happened. It wasn't even a pitch in the dirt. He just flat out missed it.

I remember hearing last season that when Gibby gives Martin the day off he likes to leave it that way and not bring him in unless it's absolutely necessary (e.g. injury). I even remember a couple of instances last year where Martin might have been a good pinch hit candidate but Gibby never even gave it a thought.

Also almost a disastrous mental lapse from Saunders...I'm gonna bet he's not going to make another baserunning mistake again this year. That was embarrassing.

I also don't know what to say about Dickey anymore. Yesterday was actually one of his better starts (if not his best) which is kind of sad. It must be so disheartening to play behind him when you're pretty much behind from the get-go most nights. I wonder what kind of effect this has on the locker room too. The team seems to have rallied behind the other guys as they always give them a chance to win the game. With Dickey it's almost like you expect to lose.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    He cant hit worth a damn either.
    Everyone knows he can’t hit so that I’m not too mad about. But he’s got a job because he is able to catch a ball that moves in a way no one knows where it’s going to go. How can he not catch a ball where he knows where it should end up? He should have one of the best “pass balls” percentages in the league.