Page 171 of 310 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 181 221 271 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 4638

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I don't get how everyone flips out at a bat flip, but no one bats an eye when a pitcher celebrates a K. How about the celebrations OF (namely Boston) does after the game but still on the field? For a sport that preaches old style and respect for the opponent, there's things that the defense does that is the same level as a bat flip.

I say keep the bat flips going.
    I should have added "don't bat flip when you're losing AGAIN and having a pretty bad year as a team and as a player". I'm all for it when a celebration is deserved. Imagine if Kuznetsov did that stupid bird celebration when they were down 5-1??

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I should have added "don't bat flip when you're losing AGAIN and having a pretty bad year as a team and as a player". I'm all for it when a celebration is deserved. Imagine if Kuznetsov did that stupid bird celebration when they were down 5-1??
    I'll agree with that.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

it looks like when he reaches home plate he's apologizing to the catcher... the way he puts his hand on his chest and his body language.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    it looks like when he reaches home plate he's apologizing to the catcher... the way he puts his hand on his chest and his body language.
    Yeah, He also got chirped by Peterson as he is in between 1st and 2nd (JB almost turned around too but kept running), so he prolly realized he threw the bat too showey. So when he hits homeplate with Suzuki already there to confront him (lets be honest, this could have been avoided if Suzuki wasn't there), he knew what they were mad at and already was apologizing. Looks like the Jays escalated it too because the way the ump points at the dugout it's them coming out first.

Dobber Sports Titan

Ok, the crazy thing now is the Bat Flip has disrespected the game more than what Pillar said. And that's freaking mind blowing. That's how old baseball is, where rotations of a bat after a HR is a bigger story than a homophobic slur said.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I'm an old fart, but Pillar getting two games for what he said... I think that's complete BS.
    Yes, he shouldn't have said it. Of course not.

But giving him two games accomplishes nothing. Give him a hefty fine and make him do community service for some LGBTQ function.

Whatever happened to "sticks and stones" anyway- that's what I want to know. Yes, the SJWs will be all over me now, but come on already... it's just a word that he mistakenly used when he lost his temper. It's not like he threw a molotov cocktail at people during a gay parade somewhere. Many people mistakenly have that word in their subconscious from when they were younger... It's not about hatred or intolerance.
    When I was younger and someone called me something derogatory, I was taught to ignore it because what those donkeys think of me means absolutely NOTHING anyway.
    You're not wrong fella. To him it was just a word. I don't feel there was Malace toward the LGBTQ by Pillar. Maybe I'm wrong but had he said "*******"... then we'd be driving home PC judgement and seeking amends to half my ball team, a handful of family members and a good number of my fellow employees. All those who identify with the word I suppose.

Not sure members of the LGBTQ still or ever identified with the word, but the sensitivity is there. And I suppose these players need to be held to a higher standard given their platform.

But this was a heat of the moment knee jerk thing which is 10 times less terrible than that Donkey Escobar's premeditated insult.

Oh well... we'll all move past this. It will not define Pillar (atleast not like the bat flip has literally defined Joey Bats ... which I personally love btw)

Give me ANYTHING to spice up an archaic game that takes 4 hours to play. Baseball needs more Bautista's and Harpers if you ask me.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Give me ANYTHING to spice up an archaic game that takes 4 hours to play. Baseball needs more Bautista's and Harpers if you ask me.

4 hrs??? A close playoff game maybe take that long but average game is under 3 hrs or close to it.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I'm an old fart, but Pillar getting two games for what he said... I think that's complete BS.
    Yes, he shouldn't have said it. Of course not.

But giving him two games accomplishes nothing. Give him a hefty fine and make him do community service for some LGBTQ function.

Whatever happened to "sticks and stones" anyway- that's what I want to know. Yes, the SJWs will be all over me now, but come on already... it's just a word that he mistakenly used when he lost his temper. It's not like he threw a molotov cocktail at people during a gay parade somewhere. Many people mistakenly have that word in their subconscious from when they were younger... It's not about hatred or intolerance.
    When I was younger and someone called me something derogatory, I was taught to ignore it because what those donkeys think of me means absolutely NOTHING anyway.
    I'm right there with you to a certain degree. I'm a fan of social justice, but I'm not a fan of social justice warriors.

We live in a different world now where this kind of behaviour isn't tolerated and if anybody steps out of line on issues like this it turns into a massive witch hunt. Media presence is much greater and there are cameras and microphones literally everywhere to catch everyone's actions. I'm of the personal opinion that the large degree of public humiliation and the tarnishing of his "brand" if you want to call it that is punishment enough. He's lost a lot of "fans" during this process (and I use the quotations because a lot of these people probably weren't fans before 2015 and probably couldn't spell Pillar before that) and became an example to the rest of the league and to the rest of the sporting world.

Missing games literally doesn't do anything. I'm so tired of hearing people saying "yeah if you let him continue playing you're basically saying boys will be boys". No, that's not what it is at all. What he did was wrong. Does he deserve to get punished? Yeah absolutely. But the punishment has to fit the crime. Do you think anyone else is gonna want to get caught calling someone else a f- after Pillar's face got smeared all over international news? I doubt it.

Homophobia is a social issue and the way that you exact change is by shifting the culture. Shifting it towards a culture where people feel shame for saying words that, at one point in time used to be pretty common. Changing things to the point where it's no longer socially acceptable to do or say these kind of things. Which is exactly what we saw here. Pillar became the poster boy for this - on international anti-homophobia day(?) no less.

I will say this - I'm glad that this happened while the team is in the middle of a big road trip. If this happened at home I'd hate to see the kind of over-the-top reaction this city would have the next day.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I so badly wanted to be able to post a picture on here, but last nights game is how I expected the whole series to go. I was surprised your Jays let my Braves win 3 straight. If the Jays could have won this series they would have been way better off than dropping three to one of the worst teams in baseball this year... Hopefully the Jays can get things going cause after the Braves the Jays come first for me!

Dobber Sports All-Star

They seem to be having a problem with bunting. lol I'm can't remember the last time someone actually bunted into a double play.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Josssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

......wow....their pen....

Dobber Sports Deity

Finally!

https://twitter.com/BlueJays/status/868189833033904128

They're back! We've activated @BringerOfRain20 and Tulo from the 10-day DL and both will be in the lineup tonight.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hype...they coudl use a laugher here. Would be a massive turning point to the season if they can pull it off.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Also, Jose has been spittin fire in teh month of May. He's got the swagger back and it's nice to see. I honestly thought he was done. Seemed all April that he had lost his power and bat speed.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Also, Jose has been spittin fire in teh month of May. He's got the swagger back and it's nice to see. I honestly thought he was done. Seemed all April that he had lost his power and bat speed.
    Perfect time to trade him!!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."