Page 179 of 310 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 189 229 279 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Lmfao, that's the second time this season that I've been at the Dome to watch Morales hit a walk-off homerun. I went with a bunch of former co-workers and most of them left by the 7th inning.

#nevergiveup lol
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Ninja

If Pillar took better routes to balls and read the ball better off the bat he wouldn't need to dive as much as he does.

I mean honestly I like the effort that he brings. He doesn't give up on a play and I respect that so much. He's a big reason why the team has been so successful these past couple seasons.

But he's not as good of a ball player as the casual fan thinks he is. I took so much flack for insisting that he was still a really bad hitter when he was on fire for the first two months and unfortunately he's proving me right.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I don't think so. I think it's because Pillar and Kiermaier have better range.
    I never see Bautista dive for a ball in right either. It certainly isn't because he's an elite fielder.
    There's a difference between Trout outfielding and Bautista. But Trout is still learning route running. And i'm sure they've told him they rather a ball hit the wall then you hurt yourself because of his offense.

But Pillar is diving WAY more than others, and i'd be curious as to way. Is it his route is 90% efficient and say like Hamilton taking a 97% efficient route wouldnt need to dive? Or is his jump later than others (reaction to the ball off the bat), or his speed not as much.

and all i've read on dRS is that it's not entirely accurate yet. Like Corsi for D-men in hockey, it's tough on them.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Or maybe he feels he needs to do it to stay relevant??? Greg Zaunn is a tool but even he has called him out on diving for balls he doesn't need to dive for.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Stroman, Martin, Gibby kicked out faster than you could read this.

To be fair, all but 3-4 of the balls called on Stroman were actually strikes, as about 24 were balls. I don’t know what Oakland was getting, but Stroman shouldn’t have been complaining about the zone as the zone wasn’t THAT bad. I’ve seen worse.

Dobber Sports Titan

Stroman mad at himself, talks to himself, Little (the ump) knowing he's had a bad zone has had enough and tosses Stroman, Stroman yells "i wasn't talking to you", Martin gets up and turns around to question the toss, gets tossed in an instant. It was honestly ridiculous.

Little has umped for 3yrs in the MLB, is 33yrs old, First playoff game he umped was the 2016 AL Wildcard game (Jays vs Orioles), Umped professionally since 2007, MLB call up since 2013. Dudes a rookie practically.

All officiating personnal should have their poor performance reviewed and graded because of BS like the last couple of games throughout the MLB. Beltre and the on-deck circle in a blowout (should have just told him to go back), the Bryce Harper stuff, this. It's gotten worse over the yrs and I wonder if they don't like being questioned with the review so they take it out this way.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I take comfort in knowing that the umpires are digging their own graves.

I used to care about the human aspect of the game. Honestly couldn't care less anymore. Get rid of all of em and bring in the robots.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I take comfort in knowing that the umpires are digging their own graves.

I used to care about the human aspect of the game. Honestly couldn't care less anymore. Get rid of all of em and bring in the robots.
    i love a consistent strike-zone that's not actually the zone so to speak. But as long as it's consistent. It's cool seeing the adjustments both sides of the game, but when you get umps making the game about themselves, it's ridiculous.

Beltre - Future HOF going for a milestone
    Harper - one of the faces of the game
    Stroman - having a better season than Sanchez last yr, 3rd in the AL in ERA.
    Martin - top catcher of the last 5yrs (Tho he sucks now)

Like come on, people paid to see Stroman yesterday, not Little. With baseball the umps have 1 move to show they can't be pushed around and they use it too much now. Hockey, Basketball, Football, Soccer all have something before you get kicked, like an official warning (technical fouls, penalties, yellow cards). Maybe baseball needs that. Because Stroman was beaking at Little after the 1st inning about the zone, maybe he should have the ability to throw up a "yellow card".

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well that's exactly the problem. They aren't being consistent. And worse, they antagonize players. I think there are definitely times when the umpires can say you know what I've had enough you're gone but with the way that umps behave nowadays in their body language and the way that they respond to players they're looking for a fight. So get rid of them.

And personally I don't even really think it should matter who the player is that the ump is dealing with. On the whole they just need to realize their role in the game. I get that for the most part it's a thankless job but if they want to remain relevant then they need to adapt or buh bye.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Well that's exactly the problem. They aren't being consistent. And worse, they antagonize players. I think there are definitely times when the umpires can say you know what I've had enough you're gone but with the way that umps behave nowadays in their body language and the way that they respond to players they're looking for a fight. So get rid of them.

And personally I don't even really think it should matter who the player is that the ump is dealing with. On the whole they just need to realize their role in the game. I get that for the most part it's a thankless job but if they want to remain relevant then they need to adapt or buh bye.
    I agree with you completely on the Umps. On the players doing it, I don't think it should matter, but we see highlights of Harper getting tossed, but not like a util player getting tossed. Its the area of sporting meeting business on that one and i'm not getting into that.

Dobber Sports Titan

Yesterday was my 6th game this month, i was 0-5 going into it. I left in the 7th because the guy i was sitting with had to leave at 4-4:30pm and it was 4pm then so i decided to leave with him.

OMG.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Yesterday was my 6th game this month, i was 0-5 going into it. I left in the 7th because the guy i was sitting with had to leave at 4-4:30pm and it was 4pm then so i decided to leave with him.

OMG.
    Oh man, talk about missing out. LOL!!!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Oh man, talk about missing out. LOL!!!
    Im like 90% sure the Pearce Homer went in my section or one over too.

July 1st, Jays lost 7-1. Showed up late because of a suicide on the train tracks delayed us from getting to the game. 10:14 train was scheduled to be in Toronto around 11am, didn't get there till 2:30 so we saw, 5innings maybe? Maybe 4.

July 2nd, Jays lost 15-1. Left at 9-1, by the time we got outside the stadium it was 15-1.

Cleveland Series: 13-3 blowout, watched the whole game, stayed for fireworks. 2-1 loss on Saturday stayed the whole game but left instantly when Lindor hit the walkoff (I had to poop and eff going in the publics after 10innings of baseball), Sunday Jays lost 8-1, left after the 6th so we can get to driving earlier.

July 30th, Jays WON 11-10, left after the top of the 7th because they were down 9-4 and playing terribly. I'm cursed

Dobber Sports Ninja

Jays should pay you to stay away lol.

I'll admit i got frustrated when it was 9-4 and went outside to actually throw a baseball around. I stepped back in the door when the Score update came through that they had won it and was like wtf!

Dobber Sports Titan

Sorry, I got the blowouts mixed up. I was at the July 9th game when they lost 19-1 to the Astros, not the 15-1 loss vs the BSox. I got the Sanchez bobblehead tho....