Page 185 of 309 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 195 235 285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 4632

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Where is this number coming from?
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    And it's Scott Boras. Remember he's the "Super Agent" that ends up always getting his players the best deal always it seems. Wherever JDM goes, he's getting overpaid.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Cool, thanks boys.

I am currently bobbing out in the middle of the Atlantic for work and the internet on the ship is worth than dial-up, for those who are old enough to remember what that as like.

I didn't see/hear anything about Martinez to the Jays let alone how much they were asking for. Crazy. I'd much rather have Jay Bruce for a fraction of that cost.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Anyone else love the pickup of Diaz?? He had a GREAT 2016 after coming up mid season, but then started slow and was injured last year. Great add who can play 2b/SS and I believe 3b

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Anyone else love the pickup of Diaz?? He had a GREAT 2016 after coming up mid season, but then started slow and was injured last year. Great add who can play 2b/SS and I believe 3b
    Cost them nothing really, but it did piss off Stroman because it costs the Jays Goins.

Infield is now Donaldson, Tulo, Diaz, Smoak. That's a great infield. But when Tulo goes down it's Donaldson, Diaz, XXXX, Smoak. Looks much different.

Diaz has played 2nd, ss, 3b, and LF. He's 27yrs old, hit 300 17HR, 65RBI in 2016, 5yrs of club control, and CHEAP! He signed as an international FA for 8mill 4yr deal in 2014. So 2mill for this season and next, which was roughly what Goins would have cost this yr if you tendered him. This is huge because now they have more coin to play with for their corner OF issue, they didn't need to go to a Nunez in FA for 6-8mill/yr to address their IF issues.

If this was a way to open up some future cash space for one of the FA they've checked in on (Cain, Arrieta, JDM) or open up space for a Donaldson resigning, this is a move that has 0 negatives to me. But maybe Stroman gets a little mad.

Dobber Sports Deity

To be honest, I have no issues losing Goins. He was solid on the defensive end but was pretty must a non-factor with the bat. I am holding my opinions on Diaz for now. The skill is there but the drop off last year is something to be concerned about. The money savings is a nice bonus though.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    To be honest, I have no issues losing Goins. He was solid on the defensive end but was pretty must a non-factor with the bat. I am holding my opinions on Diaz for now. The skill is there but the drop off last year is something to be concerned about. The money savings is a nice bonus though.
    Diaz had a thumb injury that just derailed his whole year. I think he's somewhere between his All-Star rookie yr, and last yr. Going from the Cards (NL) to the Jays (AL) could give him another boost in hitting. But it's not like the pitching in the NL Central is anything crazy, you could argue that the AL East has harder pitching.

But Goins did hit 330 with runners in scoring position last yr. If he gets the right hitting coach, on the right team, he could be a pretty solid utility player for a team, like if Barney can stick with a team, Goins should.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I love this move too. Low risk, potential high reward. Goins was never going to be an every day player, despite hitting well last season with RISP.
    Is average with RISP an actual thing though. Like Im sure in previous years he was no where near that level. Feel like it's more of a luck thing than anything else.

Anyways. Football winding down. Hockey heading into the dog days. Only a matter of time before I'm all over the baseball forums again!!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Is average with RISP an actual thing though. Like Im sure in previous years he was no where near that level. Feel like it's more of a luck thing than anything else.

Anyways. Football winding down. Hockey heading into the dog days. Only a matter of time before I'm all over the baseball forums again!!
    Shows he can hit when he's challenged. But if i was to be beating on him, I wouldn't bet any money on him replicating it, but maybe with the right mental space next yr and a good coach who might spot this glimmer, he might be a good bench hitter.

RISP is def a thing. Baseball has stats/percentages on anything. There's RISP-Clutch which is hitting with runners in scoring position in like 2run differential games past the 7th inning or something crazy like that. Baseball is the ultimate stats game.

Dobber Sports Deity

It would have been nice if he could hit even when there wasn't runners in scoring positions so he could be a runner in scoring position when the real bats came up. Unfortunately that didn't happen often enough.

At the end of the day, his defense was never in question, it was his ability to hit the ball that was his major league demise to this point. If it wasn't, I am sure the Jays would have brought him back instead of bringing someone else in who they feel is a better, less expensive, option. No sense paying good money for Goins when it was clear he wasn't going to get it done.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Remember Esteban Loaiza ?! I do. The guy was a decent pitcher in his prime.
    Well, he's in some serious trouble.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/02/12/es...ed-drug-charge
    i saw that just now! dude had a retirement plan....kinda....

Dobber Sports Titan

Spring Training update already:
    Tulo with a bone spur in his ankle

Sanchez said he's dealt with a blister issue on his throwing finger since highschool.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Stroman discussed Arbitration case

https://www.tsn.ca/negative-things-t...mind-1.1000469
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Superstar

From the article
    Bob Nightengale of USA Today reported in January that the team filed at $6.5 million, while Stroman was aiming to make $6.9 million.
    They went to arbitration over $400k

Later in the article:
    He [Stroman] retweeted a post on Thursday stating the Blue Jays have taken him to arbitration twice over the past two years for a total of $700,000. He is arbitration eligible in each of the next two seasons and is scheduled to become a free agent in 2021.
    We all get that baseball is a business but I think it's bad business to piss off a premium asset twice over $700k. Especially an asset that is as valuable and (appears to me to be) passionate/hot-headed as Marcus Stroman. Stroman seems like exactly the type of guy to take this personally and use it as a reason to demand a trade or not re-sign with the team. Seems short sighted to me. Could neither side offer to split the $200k and call it a day?
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Unreal when he would get close to $20 million a year on the open market.. What a joke..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Spring Training update already:
    Tulo with a bone spur in his ankle

Sanchez said he's dealt with a blister issue on his throwing finger since highschool.
    I feel like this is going to be another Chris Carpenter case.. Often injured while playing for the Jays and then lighting it up somewhere else in another uniform..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..