Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sam Gagner

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Sam Gagner

So what do people around here think about Sam Gagner this year in Arizona?

Is he still a bad contract or does he finally start to look like a kid who is worth the 4.8M he is costing the Coyotes.

Does he instantly become the top line center or does he get moved to the wing?

Does he finally get over the 50 pt plateau this year in points for the first time in his career?

What do you think about Sam Gagner this year in Arizona?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Sam Gagner

So many questions! I think you'll get much of what you saw in Edmonton in terms of numbers, and I think he should play wing but might have to play center.

Dobber Sports Stud

If he can find a way to get time with Boedker, I like his chances to get to 50. If he's stuck playing with guys like Erat and Korpikoski and Klinkhammer I don't see him making too much noise in the desert. I guess the plus side is he'll be leaned on pretty heavily for offence, so maybe that combined with the change in scenery will blow the cobwebs out of his head.

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    If he can find a way to get time with Boedker, I like his chances to get to 50. If he's stuck playing with guys like Erat and Korpikoski and Klinkhammer I don't see him making too much noise in the desert. I guess the plus side is he'll be leaned on pretty heavily for offence, so maybe that combined with the change in scenery will blow the cobwebs out of his head.
    Did Erat go back to the Yotes?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Did Erat go back to the Yotes?
    Still under contract for another year... did I miss something???

Dobber Sports Veteran

I see him as the 2C at least to start, but teams are drooling over Vermette's low cap hit and short contract.

If Vermette is dealt to a contender, and it's at least 50/50 that he will be, then Gagner is the new #1 Center, and he takes a big jump up in value.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    Still under contract for another year... did I miss something???
    Totally forgot he got traded there. He was so irrelevant in my mind lol.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I am not in a cap league, but it seems to be that 4.8 isn't crazy big for a good second line centre. I agree with petergreg21 that a lot will depend on his linemates and with Savvy1982 that if Vermette is traded Sam becomes the man. Given all their back-end talent you'd think there would be some forwards who reap the rewards (so often we say it works the other way - average D-men on high scoring teams get points just for being on the ice). Its not like he was getting great tape to tape break out passes in Edmonton.

So, perhaps we finally get to see if the problem in Edmonton is something other than raw talent. The only hiccup is that the culture in Arizona is also part of the equation - its where scorers go to die.

Conclusion: I see a small uptick in his production, but not much.
    14 team standard yahoo keeper league (82 games for 4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, and 1G). 23 man roster. No farm.
    Plyer Cats = G, A, P, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, HTS, BLKS, SH%, PIM's
    Goal Cats = GAA, SV%, SHTS, W, and SO

C - Getzlaf, Toews, Stamkos, Giroux, B. Nelson
    RW - P. Kane, Coyle , Nyquist, Dubinsky
    LW - L. Eriksson, Pacioretty, Kreider, Schwartz
    D - Faulk, Klinberg, Brodie, Dekyser, Vatannan, Despres, Daley, Pouliot
    G - Crawford, Allen, Dubnyk

Banned

$4.8 for Gagne, are you insane? He's a 40 pt player, that's it!

Look around the league at what $4.8 mil buys you...Backes, Pacioretty, Neal, Gaborik

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Cobretti View Post
    $4.8 for Gagne, are you insane? He's a 40 pt player, that's it!

Look around the league at what $4.8 mil buys you...Backes, Pacioretty, Neal, Gaborik

Well I didnt sign him. I am just relaying the information. Thats his contract.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

I think he'll be a 45-50 pts player this year not more than that....Arizona isn't an offensive force so I would be surprise to se more than 2 players above 50 pts.....My guess would be Yandle and Boedker.....Gagner finishes at 47....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Guru

I expect him to center their top offensive line with Hanzal's and Vermette's lines carrying the heavy defensive minutes. Gagner should have key offensive role there replacing Ribeiro. I expect him to be a center in Arizona and I expect him to have a good year. Can see him putting up 50 points next season.

With Tampa retaining $1.6 million of Gagner's contract, Arizona got a real bargain here. They have Gagner for the next two seasons at just $3.2 million. That's great value for Coyotes. They couldn't have found a better young player at such a cheap price and low trade return anywhere else. Great deal for them.

Even in cap leagues with his full $4.8 million salary Gagner is a decent own, especially if he still has that winger eligibility.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I like Gagne but you can't expect more then 50-55 from him this year, especially in Arizona..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I like Gagne but you can't expect more then 50-55 from him this year, especially in Arizona..
    But do you like him in a keeper league that incorporates a salary cap with him making 4.8M?

Dobber Sports Ninja

I really hope he can find a new component to his game, or a new level. I don't have much confidence he will though. He was given every kind of chance possible, alongisde some really talented players, and never showed much more than a 40 point player, with a little extra juice when he got lucky. In Phoenix I don't see that changing much, and would say 45 points in a fully healthy year is as good as I would give him.