Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Schneider for Lundqvist? Rep

Dobber Sports Star

Default Schneider for Lundqvist? Rep

So, what are your thoughts on this? In a 24 team salary cap league with all of your standard cats. I am in a pretty huge rebuild mode and right now, my roster is filled with high end prospects and young talent. For roster players, I have Bergeron, Okposo, Eberle, Perron, Pietrangelo, McDonagh, Trouba, Schneider etc. For prospects, I have Drouin, Tofolli, Kuznetsov, Kucherov, Vasilevsky etc. I feel as if I am pretty stacked for the future, but doubt I can win in the next couple of years.

I have been offered Lundqvist for Schneider. The GM trying to sell Lundy is seriously stacked, but has serious cap issues, so this is a cap saving maneuver for him. I see Lundqvist as a step up from Schneider, and I easily have the cap space for him, I am just not sure it's the right move for me. If I am not going to win in the next 2 - 3 years, perhaps Schneider is the better choice for me. I have also considered taking the deal and flipping Lundqvist for something younger, but most GMs in this league value youth over experience, and I am not sure I could get good value for him. The current owner of Lundy has tried to move him for a while with nothing but laughable offers. Honestly, in my league right now, I think Schneider has more trade value than Lundqvist.

So, take the deal or not? I am leaning towards "no". I will rep for help here.

Thanks,
    Rylant

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Schneider for Lundqvist? Rep

There's only 4 years age difference.
    I like Lundqvist as NYR is a stronger, cap-spending team and I expect more wins.

New Jersey actually still (incredibly! still!!!) has a great defensive system and gives up very few shots against.
    But, I'm not terribly fond of their defensive unit.

I really do like Schneider, but I just can't see not going with Lundqvist.
    Henrik for me.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i would have a hard time making that deal if i weren't competing in the immediate future given the way you described Lundqvist's value to other GMs

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Genius

you definitely paint a picture that would suggest Schneider is the way to go, but if I'm being honest with myself I think in the best case scenario Schneider gets to where Lundy is in the coming years and Lundy has certainly proven he is consistent. I'd probably take Lundy, if you can trade him for something better great, if not I still think he's more valuable to your roster in 2-3 years from now.

On the flip side, are you planning to tank for the next year or two? If you are Lundy will probably hinder you there!
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

The Great One

Lundqvist for the next 3 years.

Read this for a good take on NJ GA projections.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I know it's hard, but hold onto Schneider - he is literally the only option in NJ right now, and you don't want to come out of your rebuild with a gaping hole in net because The King isn't what he used to be.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Stud

i'd rather lundqvist at age 38 than schneider at 34.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    i'd rather lundqvist at age 38 than schneider at 34.
    This is....weird. Explain?

I personally don't have an opinion either way. I think they could have pretty similar numbers TBH, I think Lundqvist might get a lighter workload with Cam Talbot showing he can hold his own in the net.

Dobber Sports Guru

$8.5 million is too much for one goalie in cap leagues. I would be keeping Schneider. He's not as good as Lundqvist but still a top-10 goalie for years to come.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Ooooo cap league. I didn't even notice that. Yus keep Schneider. I don't think Lundqvist will give you an extra 2.5 million dollars worth of value.

Dobber Sports Padawan

The phrase you used is describing a huge rebuild... based on age alone you're expecting to compete again in 2-3 years and hopeful that your core can step up by then. To me that means you should wait and hold on to Schneider to see your plan to fruition. Especially if the other GM has had issues trying to unload Lundqvist, his cap hit is highest of any goalie looking forward so that's a tough pill to swallow. I actually dealt Lundqvist in my league last year for the same upcoming cap reason and brought in Varlamov. I'm a huge Avs fan, but I would have been just as pleased if not more to land Schneider in a cap league.

Stick to your guns, you have some elite youngsters there to rebuild with at a smaller cap hit. Even if Schneider only becomes 80% of what Lundqvist is over the next three years, you will save that in cash to spend on other specific targets during then, and don't have to worry about a 35 year old Lundy who won't have the same market value by then.
    XGL - 16 Team, Points Dynasty League
    $114M cap, 54+ Players, Year #16 - 1st(6x): 08, 12-13, 16, 18-19

F(9+3R): Rantanen, P Kane, Bergeron, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Kadri, Olofsson+
    R: Newhook, Perfetti+
    D(5+2R): Makar, Hronek, Dunn, Sanheim, Andersson
    R: Seider, Harley+

G(2+1R): Price, Varly

WHL - 24 Team Dobber League (Lake Valley Thunder) - 2020/21 Champion
    F: Aho, Bergeron, OV, Hintz, Hoffman+
    D: Hedman, Makar, Werenski, Hronek+
    G: Andersen, Lankinen, Oettinger
    R: Reichel, Timmins, Bjornfot, Cormier, Johnston+

Quote Originally Posted by First Round Pick View Post
    The phrase you used is describing a huge rebuild... based on age alone you're expecting to compete again in 2-3 years and hopeful that your core can step up by then. To me that means you should wait and hold on to Schneider to see your plan to fruition. Especially if the other GM has had issues trying to unload Lundqvist, his cap hit is highest of any goalie looking forward so that's a tough pill to swallow. I actually dealt Lundqvist in my league last year for the same upcoming cap reason and brought in Varlamov. I'm a huge Avs fan, but I would have been just as pleased if not more to land Schneider in a cap league.

Stick to your guns, you have some elite youngsters there to rebuild with at a smaller cap hit. Even if Schneider only becomes 80% of what Lundqvist is over the next three years, you will save that in cash to spend on other specific targets during then, and don't have to worry about a 35 year old Lundy who won't have the same market value by then.
    And 80% of Lundqvist's salary is 6.8. So you're actualy getting 0.8M in value from Schneider, as I don't think 80% of Lundqvist is unrealistic.

Dobber Sports Stud

Lundqvist is a tough one to turn down, but if you're in a "pretty huge rebuild" as you put it, I'd stick with Schneider, especially if you don't see flipping Lundqvist for young assets as an easy task. It's a tough one to turn down because it's the King, but for your team I think it's a better choice to hold Schneider.

Dobber Sports Stud

Schneider for me as well. Unless your league only counts wins as a scoring category, Scheider will not be a huge step down from Lundqvist. I'm expecting Schneider will put up very solid numbers next year and I personally think the Devils will be a playoff team next year. Stick with your rebuild plan and stay patient, I don't think you're that far off from competing with that roster.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    $8.5 million is too much for one goalie in cap leagues. I would be keeping Schneider. He's not as good as Lundqvist but still a top-10 goalie for years to come.
    Agree with Carcillo here...in a cap league I think Schneider is the way to go....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).