Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Drouin

Default Drouin

I couldnt find a thread specifically on Drouin - I am sure there is one but may be a little out-dated.

What do you think he does this year?

How many games does he play?
    Where does he play most of the year?
    What do you think he puts up for points, shots, ppp etc?

Thanks guys!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Drouin

He'll play in Tampa, 82 games barring injury or a healthy scratch here and there.

I think 50 points is a very reasonable projection, but that could fluctuate anywhere between 40-60. Really depends on how much time he gets with Stamkos. Somewhere around 2 shots/game, 140-170. As for PPP, who knows? I'd expect between 10-15, but if he really comes out of the gate strong that could approach 20.

Pretty specific projections on Drouin haha.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

You can't expect too much out of small rookies but then again, Drouin is a stud with the puck.. I think whoever he lines up with he has a chance for 50!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Star

Drouin should be playing all season in Tampa. He proved last year that he is too good for the Q.
    He should be good for 50pts next year I beleive. All depends how much he plays and with who.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think Drouin plays (or has the opportunity to play, barring injury) all 82 games.

I think Tampa will try to start him out slow, 3rd line, PP2, like Colorado did MacKinnon.

But like MacKinnon I think he forces his way into a top six role by seasons end.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Thanks for the input everyone!

Dobber Sports Ninja

I am very interested in what he is going to do this season. I don't one him in any leagues, and that's intentional. I still really worry about his ability to produce with the monsters that exist in the NHL. I hope he proves me wrong though because I like seeing smaller players prove they can keep up.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd safely bet on 40 points but that's about it. You never know how quickly a guy will "get it". Stamkos got 46, Tavares got 50, Duchene got 55, Hall got 42, Seguin got 22 (probably could have played in the top 6 on a very good team but instead got a year on the 3rd, this is a possibility for Drouin), Nuge had a prorated 68, Huberdeau a prorated 53, MacKinnon 63.

It 100% depends on how he's deployed and nobody can really guess unfortunately. We'll have to wait and see. But ultimately, if you're buying Drouin, buy him for the long term, not this year.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think Drouin's rookie season will be better than Tyler Seguin, not as good as Steve Stamkos.

Seguin played 3rd line wing his first season with a deep BOS team.
    He put up 22pts in 74games, only 12min ice time per game.

Stammer, IIRC, had both top six and 3rd line time his first season with a shallower TB team.
    He put up 46pts in 79games, only 15min ice time per game.

Cooper is a smart coach who has seen HUGE profits from bringing his kids through the system slowly.
    And Yzerman learned the ropes too.

I think Drouin will play 3rd line, 14min/game, sparse PP2 time.
    I' project the following stats: 19 goals, 22 assist, 41 points.

TB is much deeper than COL was last year (with Mackinnon).
    We saw big things with Mackinnon - who played on a young team with a coach straight out of the Q.

But I think people will be surprised if they expect Drouin to be given same minutes & opps that MacK got.
    Drouin is still a future 80pt player, but his stats for his rookie season are, IMO, not going to be anywhere near Mackinnon.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I would be very surprised to see Drouin have anywhere near the impact that MacKinnon has over the course of his career regardless of opportunity/ice time. Size is going to be a real concern.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Size is going to be a real concern.
    Who?
    Drouin's size?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Drouin's 5'11 - he's not exactly Steve Sullivan - that's the same height as Patrick Kane IIRC.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    Drouin's 5'11 - he's not exactly Steve Sullivan - that's the same height as Patrick Kane IIRC.
    He's not tiny, but it's just a concern that I see from my end. I could be off base. It was one of the issues when he was being scouted. Has he put on much weight?

Dobber Sports Stud

I think we've already figured out that size isn't the be-all and end-all of a guys career, but if he cant find a way to adapt it will be the end all. However, some of the best fantasy producers in the league are under 6 feet. Crosby, Giroux, Pavelski, Karlsson, Duchene, Kane, Eberle, Krejci, Little, MacKinnon. Just worth noting.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    He's not tiny, but it's just a concern that I see from my end. I could be off base. It was one of the issues when he was being scouted. Has he put on much weight?
    He's always had a strong lower-body. That's very important in hockey (I don't know if you play or not, but the fan-only often doesn't understand the different hockey-body-types.)
    He's not going to throw his body around... and doesn't need to. Patrick Kane-ish.
    But his low center-of-gravity will keep him strong on the puck.

To be honest, I don't think it's a concern you (or anybody) should have.
    Drouin's body is absolutely fine for an NHL winger.
    It's not going to hurt him as an offensive dynamo.
    [And since we've discussed it today, I'd clump him in with Parise/Schwartz - as a good comparison group. And I say all this because I have the same build as Parise/Kane/Schwartz/Drouin.]

ps. Same argument extends to Sam Bennett and the chin-up story.