Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Neal or Pacioretty??

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Neal or Pacioretty??

Limited Keep 10 multi-cat:

G, A, P, PPP, SOG, H, BLKS

3C, 3RW, 3LW, 3fwds

Who would you take and why?
    I'm wondering if Neal's trade to Nashville is enough to make MaxPac the more attractive winger in multi-cat.

Cheers!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Neal or Pacioretty??

Neal
    12 team h2h keeper league. No salary
    Keep 35 before prospect draft carry max 45 through season

Multicat scoring: assists-2pts goals-3pts shootoutgoals-2pts
    Gordiehowe-5pts hits-0.25pts pims-0.5pts plus/minus-1pt
    Powerplaypoint-1pt shorthandedpoint-2pts

Goalie cats: ga- (-1pt) sv-0.2pts shutout-3pts wins-5pts

Forwards: stamkos, benn, Marchand, kucherov, panarin, mackinnon, Crosby, Wheeler, Mantha, perron, marchessault, skinner,

Defencemen: Hedman, Krug, Pietrangelo, shatty, ekblad, ekholm

Goalies: Andersen, hellboy, Demko, Wolf (weekly starts)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Personally, I feel Neal has plenty more talent that Patches...they're not in the same calibre, but not far off. I think the entire Nash/Neal is still a bit of an X-factor, but if I had Neal, I wouldn't trade him straight up for Patches... not now... His value has taken too hard a hit... but who knows, maybe he shines in the New Nashville.

Neal for me.

Dobber Sports Expert

I'm going Patches here.

No PIM here, reduces Neal's value.

I don't have the stats in front of me, but I remember researching about those two. If I recall, MaxPac had more SOG and Hits than Neal last season.

I expect Neal's offensive output to drop with the move to Nashville. He's not going to have the same quality of linemates he had in Pittsburgh.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Max Pac would be my choice forsure.. He is just coming into his prime and is a goal scoring machine!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Padawan

So far it's a split decision.
    That's what I was afraid of. lol

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Patches for me.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Tough, but my gut is saying Pacioretty. Neal has not really shown that he's capable of driving play, he's thrived as a support guy on a line. Patch has a bit more ability to create offense, imo. That's safer to bank on, especially when the "support" guy has a center coming off a 47 point season feeding him pucks.

That being said, this is really close. Patch is my choice, but I don't think he's going to blow Neal away or anything.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Stud

James Neal is still my boy in this one

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Patches wins G, SOG, Hits, BLKs pretty handily.

Neal wins A, PPP

Points is pretty much a tie.

HOWEVER

Neal's PPP and Assists are likely due for a decline, given the lack of talent he now comparatively finds himself surrounded by.

Patches was already winning 4-2, and while neither are healthy, Patches I think is "marginally" more durable and less of a danger for a suspension.

Give me MaxPac

Dobber Sports Veteran

Not sure I agree with the arguments that Neal is more talented. Neal is the one that has never produced on his own.

Pacioretty is a year younger, has generated offense on his own (and put up 39 goals in 73 games last year doing so) and Neal's biggest asset while he played pittsburgh (PPP) will take a hit.

Pacioretty for me, but it is close.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Patches wins G, SOG, Hits, BLKs pretty handily.
    Neal wins A, PPP
    Points is pretty much a tie.
    HOWEVER
    Neal's PPP and Assists are likely due for a decline, given the lack of talent he now comparatively finds himself surrounded by.
    Out of curiosity, why "pretty handily"? Seems pretty questionable. Obviously Neal's stats change with different team, system, line mates etc, but heres totals (including per game) over the past 3 years for each player:

Goals:
    Neal: 88 (0.49 per game)
    Pacioretty: 87 (0.44 per game)

Assists:
    Neal: 90 (.50 per game)
    Pacioretty: 77 (0.39 per game)

SOG:
    Neal: 703 (3.92 per game)
    Pac: 719 (3.66 per game)

Hits:
    Neal: 222 (1.24 per game)
    Pac: 232 (1.18 per game)

BKS:
    Neal: 45 (0.25 per game)
    Pac: 88 (0.45 per game)

PPP:
    Neal:72 (0.40 per game)
    Pac: 42 (0.21 per game)

Again, I'd be ignorant to not recognize the fact that situations change with Neal going to Nashville, but this is still a guy who was well on his way to becoming a 30 goal scorer in Dallas before he was dealt. I think he's going to be the go-to guy in Nashville (for obvious reasons) so I don't think these numbers should take too much of a hit.
    Should also be noted that Nashville still had a 19.2% PP this year despite their glaring offensive deficiencies and lack of quality finishers. MTL was 17.2%.
    Also worth noting, PHI under Laviolette the past three years had conversion rates of (starting in 2010) 16.6%, 19.7% and 21.6% (2012-2013). Bodes well for some decent PP numbers for Neal I'd think, especially with a top PP QB like weber manning the back end.

I'm talking on a # basis, not a per game basis. If you look at last years stats, Patches pretty much killed Neal. I understand the per game argument, but if Neal is only playing 75% of games he still loses.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I'm talking on a # basis, not a per game basis. If you look at last years stats, Patches pretty much killed Neal. I understand the per game argument, but if Neal is only playing 75% of games he still loses.
    Why wouldnt you consider it on a per game basis? That only makes sense to me. To me it shows that Neal is the overall better performer. Sure, anyone can outscore Crosby if he misses time, but his per game stats probably out perform most. I am sure you would take his injury into consideration when looking at him.

James Neal for me. Good post petegreg21. +1
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Why wouldnt you consider it on a per game basis? That only makes sense to me. To me it shows that Neal is the overall better performer. Sure, anyone can outscore Crosby if he misses time, but his per game stats probably out perform most. I am sure you would take his injury into consideration when looking at him.

James Neal for me. Good post petegreg21. +1
    Because it's a marginal difference and it negates the impact of Neal missing more time.