Thread: Premier League (Fantasy Soccer Help?)

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Premier League (Fantasy Soccer Help?)

Anyone know a good spot for fantasy info and analysis on the English Premier League? I am making my first foray into fantasy futbol and would like to get the lay of the land so I dont get slaughtered too badly.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Fantasy Premier League

Doesn't strike me as a sport that would translate well for fantasy sports, except for perhapsd 'Picke-Em' style setups. When half the teams in the league barely score a goal per game, it's gotta be tough to work with. Good luck with it!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Premier League (Fantasy Soccer Help?)

I modified the title to make it a little more obvious if the community has any soccer fanatics.
    I love soccer, but haven't had time for individual Euro league tracking in years!

How is fantasy soccer done anyways?
    Is there a website - or does somebody manually track it?

Dobber Sports Sage

Thanks P7!

Yes I was curious about it myself. Didn't think there would be enough scoring to make it interesting. My assumption was incorrect. Here is the scoring system:
    Games Played = 1 point
    Play 60 Minutes = 2 points
    Defender/Goalkeeper Goal = 8 points
    Midfielder Goal = 6 points
    Forward Goal = 4 points
    Assist* = 3 points
    Defender/Goalkeeper Clean Sheet = 4 points
    Midfielder Clean Sheet = 1 point
    Saves = 1 point per 3 saves
    Penalty Save = 5 points
    Penalty Shot Miss = -3 points
    Goals Conceded by Goalkeeper/Defender = -1 point per 2 goals
    Yellow Card** = -1 point
    Red Card** = -3 points
    Own Goal = -3 points

So there are enough stats to make things interesting. If anyone happens to play Fantasy Premier League I would certainly appreciate a link to a "Dobber-tier" website that covers this sport.

Dobber Sports Guru

Doug,

I used this site last year with some buddies and it has all the info you need (once the season starts). http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

I have some others bookmarked at home and will send them along when I get a chance. In my experience I have yet to find a place like Dobberhockey for fantasy soccer so I usually just cruise multiple soccer websites. bbc.com goal.com skysports.com etc etc, At thend of the day you want guys who are playing regularly on good teams.

I assume you will going with a salary cap setup?

Dobber Sports Star

Never heard of that before. I played a pick 'em a few years back, but it was not for me.

Good luck trying to find interesting futbol fantasy sites!

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Doug,

I used this site last year with some buddies and it has all the info you need (once the season starts). http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

I have some others bookmarked at home and will send them along when I get a chance. In my experience I have yet to find a place like Dobberhockey for fantasy soccer so I usually just cruise multiple soccer websites. bbc.com goal.com skysports.com etc etc, At thend of the day you want guys who are playing regularly on good teams.

I assume you will going with a salary cap setup?
    Thanks WC! Yeah I am just doing the salary cap game on ESPN with some friends, we are going to put a few dollars on it to make it interesting and see which one of us can finish highest. I have been doing some research on Some UK websites and finding some decent info. I was hoping there would be some European version of Dobber out there but nothing even close. Maybe Mr. Dobbs might want to look into Fantasy Premier League since it is rapidly growing and there is room for someone who knows what they are doing to just take it over and ride it all the way up.