Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Underrated prospects in rankings?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Underrated prospects in rankings?

Who do you think are undervalued in dobber top prospects list? I always like to hear who certain people value more highly than others or than concensus. Anyone you have your eyes on as a riser in the coming year?

I think Bjorkstrand, Tolchinsky and Sherbak will all surprise sooner than later.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Banned

Default Re: Underrated prospects in rankings?

John Klingberg isn't even listed and I think he should be near the top of the defense prospects.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Agree on Bjorkstrand. Would add Riley Barber, William Karlsson, and Kosmachuk. Also Josh Morrissey is ranked #22 on the Dman list. I would have him easily in top 10, if not top 5. He could make the Jets as early as this season.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

A couple forwards I think are a bit low on the rankings are Jason Dickinson, Brett Ritchie, Michael Dal Colle, Nick Jensen, and Tanner Pearson. On defence I agree with Morrissey and I'd also have both Ristolainen and Zadorov higher.
    Nashville Predator Prospect Writer for DobberProspects

Edmonton Regional Scout for Future Considerations

@DMaz16

Banned

i don't know where Mark Stone is but probably him

Dobber Sports Guru

Pretty much every college prospect out there.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec7ral View Post
    Who do you think are undervalued in dobber top prospects list? I always like to hear who certain people value more highly than others or than concensus. Anyone you have your eyes on as a riser in the coming year?

I think Bjorkstrand, Tolchinsky and Sherbak will all surprise sooner than later.
    Bjorkstrand still two years away and is a likely third liner - but has some upside.
    Tolchinsky I'm a big fan of (small, skilled - I'm a sucker), and you can bet that if he surprise makes this team this year or next he'll rocket into the Top 40. But I don't think that will happen. He didn't even make Team Russia WJC last year. Some question marks.
    Scherbak - won't make the team this year nor next nor the year after, nor probably the year after that. He sits 234 on my Prospects List
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    John Klingberg isn't even listed and I think he should be near the top of the defense prospects.
    I like Klingberg a lot. He sits 73 on the list, but the difference between 73 and 40 (Klefbom is 40) is 5 rating points, and as I always say - 5 ratings points is negligible difference. You talk to another GM about any two of those 34 defensemen in that 5-rating window and it would be considered an even swap.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerFan View Post
    Agree on Bjorkstrand. Would add Riley Barber, William Karlsson, and Kosmachuk. Also Josh Morrissey is ranked #22 on the Dman list. I would have him easily in top 10, if not top 5. He could make the Jets as early as this season.
    Barber - years away
    Karlsson - you may be right. He's at 129 and we could see him for parts of this very season. A wild card for sure.
    Kosmachuk - I think he's three years away. Wait three years on a two-way second liner? That's not for me. Next year maybe. Next year he'd make Top 75 I would guess. If he makes the team this year I'd be pretty shocked
    Morrissey - tomato/tomatto - his rating is 52.5 and you suggest he should be 59.1 (5th). That's a 6.6 difference, practically a wash. But for what it's worth, I wouldn't trade Nurse for him in a million years. Nor Clendening, nor Pouliot. So at best, to me he could go as high as 8 (which is 56.8 rating- so within that 5 point range)

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by DMaz16 View Post
    A couple forwards I think are a bit low on the rankings are Jason Dickinson, Brett Ritchie, Michael Dal Colle, Nick Jensen, and Tanner Pearson. On defence I agree with Morrissey and I'd also have both Ristolainen and Zadorov higher.
    The thing with Ristolainen is that he doesn't have upside. I'll eat my hat if he ever gets a sniff of 45 points. Don't overrate - likely star does not mean likely fantasy star
    Dal Colle - three years away
    Pearson - he's already high on the list, he'd have to knock down some pretty valuable prospects to move higher
    Jensen - I'm not sold that he'll even be an NHLer, let alone a fantasy contributor. But the upside is there. Vrbata getting injured would really help Jensen
    Dickinson - Dickinson is years away and is a probable third liner. He won't be a 75-point guy, if that's what you're thinking. Not on my draft list of 50 players, and my league is 14 teams, 32 players per team.
    Ritchie - probably two years away and is a potential 2nd liner. If he had the right star center he could be a fantasy stud, but he would need help.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    i don't know where Mark Stone is but probably him
    He's 1st. He should be higher?

Kidding. He's at 35 with a rating of 66.6, meaning he could be between 61.6 and 71.6 - so between 24 and 57. What holds him down a little on the rankings is his Band-Aid Boyness. He'd be a Top 20 prospect if he wasn't hurt so early in his career - 56 and 54 game seasons as a pro so far? Red flag

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Pretty much every college prospect out there.
    It's hard to give good value to a college prospect when you don't know if they will turn pro after the second year or the fourth year. How do you go after a prospect like that when he could be hogging bench space for so long? And you pretty much always have to add another year of AHL time to that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I like Klingberg a lot. He sits 73 on the list, but the difference between 73 and 40 (Klefbom is 40) is 5 rating points, and as I always say - 5 ratings points is negligible difference. You talk to another GM about any two of those 34 defensemen in that 5-rating window and it would be considered an even swap.
    Klingberg I see as a Rundblad light. Pretty damn shaky on D.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    He's 1st. He should be higher?

Kidding. He's at 35 with a rating of 66.6, meaning he could be between 61.6 and 71.6 - so between 24 and 57. What holds him down a little on the rankings is his Band-Aid Boyness. He'd be a Top 20 prospect if he wasn't hurt so early in his career - 56 and 54 game seasons as a pro so far? Red flag
    True, I think we'll be seeing a spike though as he could be playing on the first line this year and has done nothing but impress at every level. High hockey sense, character, knows where to be.

I...am your father.

FYI - the June Prospect rankings were put back in after the upgrade last week. I put the July rankings back up