Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nichuskin vs Mikael Granlund

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Nichuskin vs Mikael Granlund

Afternoon

Thinking of using one of my keeper spots on one of these two guys. My format is somewhat complicated but I guess my question is, who do you think has the better potential and what is realistic output from these two in the coming years?

H2H league with cats for G,A,+-,PIM,SHP,Shots,PPP,GWG. 12 team keeper league. we dress lw(3)rw(3)c(4)d(4)g(2).

Thanks,
    12 Team Keeper - H2H (G,A, PPP, GWG, SHP, SH, PIM, +-, GAA, SVP, SO, W )Keep 5 - $200 Cap - Auction for non keepers - 20% contract increase annually (min $2 - max $10) - lw,lw,lw,rw,rw,rw,c,c,c,d,d,d,d,bn,bn,bn,bn

C -Granlund, Tavares, Kopitar, Kadri
    LW -D.Sedin, Oshie, B.Richards, Kuznetsov
    RW -Nichuskin, Iginla, Okposo, Hemsky, Yakupov
    D -Wisniewski, McDonaugh, Gudas, Ekblad
    G -Bobrovsky Lundqvist , Smith

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Nichuskin vs Mikael Granlund

PS - time to update my signature from 2009 though that was quite the dirty team, to bad the league folded.
    12 Team Keeper - H2H (G,A, PPP, GWG, SHP, SH, PIM, +-, GAA, SVP, SO, W )Keep 5 - $200 Cap - Auction for non keepers - 20% contract increase annually (min $2 - max $10) - lw,lw,lw,rw,rw,rw,c,c,c,d,d,d,d,bn,bn,bn,bn

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

for me it's Nichuskin....I am high on this kid... I think his celling is higher, he will shoot and score more and I think he has better line mates, if he is on the top line....they might put up around the same numbers for this coming season, but Nichuskin will have better numbers after that

Dobber Sports Veteran

I adore Mikael Granlund, and I think he's going to be a 70 point player sooner rather than later. He can create on his own, and he has LOADS of good wingers to pass to.

Give me Granlund here.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    I adore Mikael Granlund, and I think he's going to be a 70 point player sooner rather than later. He can create on his own, and he has LOADS of good wingers to pass to.

Give me Granlund here.

Also, I could keep both but I have a team that I am looking to win with this year so I think keeping both hurts my chances to be "elite" this year. For example, I will be letting Bryan Little go to clear space for one of these two (auction format league, $200 cap, Grandlund/Nik will cost me $3 this year $5 next year, while Little will cost me $6 this year, $8 next year. As a reference point also letting Jeff Carter go with a contract of $21)

Dobber Sports Ninja

I wouldn't let Bryan Little go for sure. I really believe he has a strong year coming up.

These two guys are pretty tough to choose from. I really, really like Nichuskin (wanted the Oilers to snag him instead of Nurse), but Granlund is no slouch either.

Both of them are on solid teams with enough veteran players now to give them the time needed to continue to develop. Even though I love Nichuskin though, I guess I'd have to take Granlund. Nichuskin had stats similar, though a bit worse than Tarasenko when he was younger, so ... not sure if that's helpful.

Tough decision for you.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Easy call to take Granlund IMO if not for injury risk. His last injury came from such minor, harmless looking contact that I worry about him. That sucks because he is a joy to watch.

If you want to roll the dice I think there is no chance Nik puts up the same numbers as Granlund anytime soon. Granlund finished last year strong and will now have at least one of Parise, Vanek, Pomminville (who he had great chemistry with). With all the additions to Dallas Nik might get bounced around the lineup a bit and big guys usually take longer to hit their offensive stride.

Dobber Sports Stud

I love Granlund but I'd take Nichushkin in this one. Traditionally RW thins out much quicker than C does so I'd want to lock down a guy like Nichushkin. I like Nichushkin to be a big goal scorer so that will also help boost SOG totals and GWG while Granlund is much more of a puck distributer. He'll give you better A, probably comparable PPP.

Also, fun fact, Nichuskin's +20 put him 6th among all RW'ers. Not bad for a rookie.

Dobber Sports Star

I would take Nichuskin. He will be a good player, plus he's a winger, which carries extra value me thinks.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Tough, going with Nich as I think he has more trade value... Not that I endorse a trade.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'll go Nich here, only reason is Granlund's injury risk. Take that out of the equation and it's a toss up for me.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I like Granlund here. Ready to bust out.

Dobber Sports Veteran

No slight to Granlund, but I'll take Nichushkin here (with positional requirements, SOGs and GWG categories tipping the scales for me).

Fun quasi-fact: was listening to NHL network radio the other day and the hosts were discussing Nichushkin, comparing him to Jagr (as several have before) and discussing that Jagr himself commented that Nichushkin will be the best player in the world in 5 years. Whether any of those comparisons or predictions ultimately pan out, who knows? But it's mighty high praise from a guy with one heck of a resume.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Genius

I would take Granlund here....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    I would take Granlund here....
    Is it fair to say we see Nichuskin with more "top 5 in the league one day" type potential, though Granlund is a safer pick at this point?