Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grigorenko

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Grigorenko

I've been reading in a couple of places that Buffalo is going to have him up in the NHL again this year. Are they really going to keep making this mistake? I feel like its more important for him to get a year in the AHL before he tries to make the jump to the NHL again.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Grigorenko

He wasn't even that good at the AHL level, so I totally agree with you here.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Tyler Ennis, Cody Hodgson, Sam Reinhart, and potentially McDavid or Eichel next year. His window is closing fast before he's all but forgotten here.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Veteran

18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Can anyone show me where there is talk of him playing in the NHL next season?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Grigorenko has been bulking up hard this off season and has been training hard. I agree with you guys that he should spend a year in the AHL to further his development but from what happened last year with him not wanting to head to the Q i honestly believe that he will be in the NHL next year or they will trade him.

Dobber Sports Pro

the guy has 43 games of NHL experience.
    He is 20 years, 2 months and 6 days old ONLY

How can this guy be a flop ?
    How can you know if he's going to be good or no good ? ?
    at 21 years old Hodgson had play a huge total of 8 games...grigo is ahead in his development

I know I own him but you have to give time to this dude, his has dominated everywhere he's been almost all his life and he's bulking up a good frame and he is going to be good with all the kid in this team.....and yeah 1 good year in AHL should be good for him and he'll be up with injuries during the season to never look back again
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Star

I picked him last year in my limited keeper, clearly I was too soon.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by sharpp87 View Post
    the guy has 43 games of NHL experience.
    He is 20 years, 2 months and 6 days old ONLY

How can this guy be a flop ?
    How can you know if he's going to be good or no good ? ?
    at 21 years old Hodgson had play a huge total of 8 games...grigo is ahead in his development

I know I own him but you have to give time to this dude, his has dominated everywhere he's been almost all his life and he's bulking up a good frame and he is going to be good with all the kid in this team.....and yeah 1 good year in AHL should be good for him and he'll be up with injuries during the season to never look back again
    I agree that he is young and has time still, but you can't say he's dominated everywhere he has been when he's not even done so in the AHL, let alone the NHL.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I agree that he is young and has time still, but you can't say he's dominated everywhere he has been when he's not even done so in the AHL, let alone the NHL.
    I think it's safe to say sharpp87 wasn't including his 12 game AHL stint in his "dominated everywhere" statement.

Obviously Grigorenko has a ways to go, and starting this season in the AHL is his best course. That short stint in Rochester last year started with 4 points in his first 3 games....then scoreless the rest of the season. The talent is still there, and it's pretty ridiculous that Grigo has been written off by so many people because he wasn't ready for the NHL at 19-20 years old. Not saying you were posting that about him, but it's a pretty widespread thing. He was a 12th overall pick....if he had been totally NHL ready he would have gone top 3 or 4 in his draft year.

So ya, hopefully Grigo gets some good time in the AHL. Let him skate 18 minutes a night as a top line center, give him a chance to really show what he can do. And if he can show some improvement, then bring him up to Buffalo partway through the season. Or leave him in Rochester all year.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ace

What a waste of a talent.

the Sabres ruined this kid.

I wonder what would have happened to him had he been drafted by a better team?
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baby View Post
    the Sabres ruined this kid.
    I don't think he's ruined just yet.
    The Sabres should use next year to play him in a top six role. Win/Win in my opinion. He either show he can do it, or they lose enough games to get a top 2 pick.

Banned

He ruined himself. He really is nothing special. He's like a spezza without the same talent level.

Dobber Sports Stud

He isn't ruined and he's not a flop, he's just not ready for the NHL yet. Let him get his confidence back in the AHL, bring him up the year after.

Dobber Sports Deity

First off, I'd like to see where you read that the Sabres are planning on starting him in the NHL this year. He has come out and said he wants to start there, but I'd like to see where you have read this.

Second, he is far from a flop or ruined. He's a prospect still learning his way. He is the first one to admit that he is to blame for not sticking with the Sabres.
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=726520

This kid has plenty of time to get it together, if the Sabres do it right this time. Who knows, maybe he comes into camp this year and earns a spot. I fully expect him to start the year in the AHL.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."