Thread: Patric Hornqvist is hurting my head....

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Patric Hornqvist is hurting my head....

Lately I've been racking my brain for projections on Hornqvist, moving all across the spectrum from 54 points with a lot of goals to 83 points and unbelievable cross category coverage. This is to say - I have no idea.

wondering where everyone else is al on Patric across different categories. What do you think for:

goals
    assists
    PIMs
    SOG
    PPP

If I had to make a reasonable guess today it would be:

34G
    35A
    30 PIMs
    250 SOG
    21 PPP

What say you?
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Patric Hornqvist is hurting my head....

Reasonable guesstimates.
    Pts wise I estimate 60 with a +/- 10 pt variance.
    Will be determined by who he lines up with and how much pp time he gets.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Banned

I can see horny on pp1 in front of the net. Not sure how many pts though. He could be this years kunitz and surprise the shit out of ya.

high risk high reward I think, if you can draft him at a good spot in your league

Dobber Sports Stud

Malkin and Crosby both seem to be pretty weird with the players they gel with so I'm trying to refrain from making any predictions on Hornqvists numbers. The only true star players Crosby and Malkin have really gelled with in the NHL are Kunitz and Neal, otherwise they've been happy to cycle through guys like Satan, Sykora, Kennedy, Sullivan, Dupuis, Guerin, Roberts, Malone and whoever else. Within the past 6 years, the only guys we're watching go over 60 points are Kunitz and Neal. Could Hornqvist come in and fit right in and pop off 35 goals? Yeah maybe. But history seems to tell us that playing with Crosby and Malkin isn't as easy as it seems.

Different centres, less star power, but think of last summer when Loui Eriksson went to Boston. Perennial top 6 player, 60-75 points regularly, comes to a new team, can't catch his groove and suddenly Reilly Smith is the best looking part of the Seguin deal.

You guys can all jump high on Hornqvist, I'll pick up the scraps in James Neal.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

62pts w/ 19 PPP.
    234 SOG
    +16