Thread: Danny Dekeysser and Detroit PP D

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Danny Dekeysser and Detroit PP D

Hi guys,

Who do you think will make the top pair D on the PP in detroit in next year and in 3-4 years?

Nobody seems to be close to moving Dekeysser for next year even if he never was considered an offensive D. Brendan smith is older and had less point in more games than him last year.

For future, Kronwall with Sproul maybe?

Thanks
    15 Team, keep 15. Point only G=1, A=1 W=2 SO=2
    Dress 12F, 6 D 1 Goaler. Weekly

Roster:
    F:Kuznetsov, Wheeler, Mackinnon, Scheifele, Eichel, Teuvo Teravainen, Sidney Crosby, Kasperi Kapanen, Alex Killorn, Patrick Kane, Athanasiou, Bobby Ryan, Nugent-Hopkins, Tyler Ennis,
    D: Morgan Reilly, Darnell Nurse, Tyler Myers, Trouba, Yandle, Fowler, Walker
    G: C Hellybuck

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Danny Dekeysser and Detroit PP D

Danny D would have a better chance of sticking on PP1 if he was a righty, but as is I assume the top PP of the future will be some combo of Kronwall/Smith + Sproul.

Dobber Sports Genius

Kronwall with Danny D on 1st PP......Kindl will get a snif on 1st PP as well.....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If Danny DeKeyser is part of the Red Wings PP1, they are in definite trouble.. How is a guy who got 4PP points last sesson going to all of a sudden give that powerplay a shot in the arm??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    If Danny DeKeyser is part of the Red Wings PP1, they are in definite trouble.. How is a guy who got 4PP points last sesson going to all of a sudden give that powerplay a shot in the arm??
    Agreed, that would be cause for concern. I'm not basing it off of his 4 PPP, more so on the fact he just doesn't have much offensive prowess. If he's on your PP1, you have a problem.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

With Detroit's PP... the defenseman opposite Kronwall doesn't have to be extraordinary, he just has to be solid.

To go back, it reminds me of the whole Letang/Goligoski/Martin situation in Pittsburgh.
    I actually listen to a lot of NHL games via radio feed (NHL.com is great for this)... and you pick up a lot in the sense that the commentators have to paint the picture for you.
    Pre-Goligoski trade, one of the knocks on him was that when he would feed the puck cross-point to Letang or down to Crosby/Malkin, the puck just wasn't on the tape.
    That's a major fail for PP1 passing defensemen. And soon enough, Goligoski was traded.

For my own hockey playing abilities, I don't have much of a shot, but I can tape-to-tape a pass well... and have always played PP1 at any level on my teams.

So, going to Detroit.
    Kronwall is their bomber, so a D-partner has to put a one-timer pass right in the wheelhouse, it can't be off by more than 6".
    And with their offensive firepower, the better it arrives on the tape, the quicker their snipers (Dats, Z, Nyquist) can release and make decisions.

To be honest, I haven't seen DeKeyser on the PP enough to judge whether he is a "tape-passer".
    I have seen him enough to know that he isn't anything special as an overall player, not a D1 pairing player.

What I'm saying though, is that may not matter.
    If DeKeyser can tape a pass... then he may get that PP1 time.

All that said, I don't think DD will fit.
    Why?
    Because Kronwall is a LH shot, who switches to his open side (the right point) to blast his PP bombs.
    This means that the best feed is an opened RH stick, playing the left point.
    DD is LH, and this is a VERY difficult spot to feather pucks.

So... Sproul does work better as a long-term predictor, because he could be that RH stick on the left-point.
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/roster/_...roit-red-wings

(Side note: Super Interesting how so many teams don't have RH talent among their D. I was looking at DAL yesterday, not a single RH stick on their D-corps!!!)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

D-men don't shoot right these days or what??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Immortal

I think Dekeyser will stay on PP2. At full strength the Wings used Alfie on the point quite a bit last year. Them being full strength rarely happened so they had to think up some different combos. I do think Smith will have a bigger PP presence this year as he was actually awesome down the stretch.

Dobber Sports Stud

Funny that so many teams lack a solid RH d-man, yet Canada's biggest positional need at the Olympics was left handed shooters. If we remember, the right side of Weber, Doughty, Pietrangelo and Subban was completely stacked. Notable RH's left off were Letang and Seabrook!

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd guess that the Wings will try to address this need through trade. Mike Green's name has been floated around for example
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    (Side note: Super Interesting how so many teams don't have RH talent among their D. I was looking at DAL yesterday, not a single RH stick on their D-corps!!!)
    Julius Honka is a RH shooting Defender.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider