Thread: Whatever bashes iPhone, is okay by me

I...am your father.

Default Whatever bashes iPhone, is okay by me

Android ads haha

And to explain - I don't buy Apple because they set the pricing for online music, and make their own 'special' adapters that work with no other technology. What if the common person started the song-buying trend and set the price at 10 cents a song? (A much better fit, IMO). But no, Apple decided songs are worth upwards of a buck each or more and they pocket half! Anyway, I'm getting myself wound up. I'm just going to charge my Kindle using an old Blackberry cord...and I think I'll hook my Android up to the lap top using a Kindle cord. Since those companies share adapters.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Whatever bashes iPhone, is okay by me

Ha! "Don't be a wall hugger". Awesome

My family is Samsung/Kindle.. and love it.
    And... roids...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

as an owner of both android and iphones i think the latter has much better battery life. i know they say the S5 has longer battery or standby or whatever but power consumption on androids are terrible. and yes you can change the batteries but they seem to crap out after a year or two so you are pretty much forced to buy an extra battery or two to carry on with you.

i would easily pick android over iphone, but when it comes to battery i take iphone everytime.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post

i would easily pick android over iphone, but when it comes to battery i take iphone everytime.
    In general yes, but that might be because there are non-premium offerings with andriods, so you tend to get mediocre battery life if you don't get a premium android. iPhones tend to get run-of-the-mill battery ratings now, and I can say for sure my Moto RAZR HD LTE trumped it for battery (was the longest rated battery life on the market), and now my Moto X is also definitely doing great with battery life. I had the moto RAZR HD for 2 years and had no noticeable decline in battery longevity. Let's hope my moto x is the same!

Dobber Sports Star

We have apple products home, so there is always a cord somewhere not in use. But I get that could be useful only having one that fits all.
    Great ad by the way!

Banned

why pay for music when you can find it free lol.

I agree though, should be a universal cords and what not.

I do like my iphone though

Dobber Sports Stud

I've never had any issues with my iPhones over the years. I've owned a 3GS, 4 and 5S. My current 5S always makes it through the day despite texting, facebook-ing, push emails, pro boards, songza, bloomberg etc etc. I use it pretty frequently and have never had it die on me during the day. I charge it while I sleep, let it completely die out every 2-3 weeks and all is well!

Dobber Sports Stud

Great ad. I do have an iPhone 5S and an iPad 5 and have never had issues with battery life. I do have a Mophie case (case charges the phone), but have yet to utilize it.

We just replaced my oldest sons Samsung Galaxy with a 5S, because it stopped charging. Frankly I'm not partial to Apple, but other then price I have been impressed by the quality of their products.
    F-Jarvis,Aho,Mittlestadt,Byfield,Berggren,Brink,Chyt il,Dach,Kakko,Kaliyev,
    Cooley,Newhook,Macelli,Marchenko,Meier,Michkov,Per fetti,Reichel,Stankoven

D-Bean,Hutson,Mateychuk,Mintyukov,Seider,Addison,Kor chinski

G-Kotchetkov,Oettinger,Wallstedt,Dostal,Knight,Taras ov

F-G,A=1pt (14 count)
    D-G,A=2pt,+- (8 count)
    G-Win=2pts,T=1,SO=1,G,A=1 (3 count)

12 Team Dynasty

Dobber Sports Ninja

Love my Android device, and hate Apple for reasons related to pentalobe screws, but the battery life on my device sucks.

Dobber Sports Guru

I have an Android tablet, whereas the rest of my family has Apple. They always think theirs is superior until I ask them to download some photos for me onto a USB so I can transfer it to a laptop.

I never understood why people would want to buy an overpriced device that is only compatible with other overpriced devices from the same company.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Ninja

Because it's pretty.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Because it's pretty.
    Thumbs up for pretty!
    (We both over 500 man... keep chuggin!!!)

Banned

I prefer Androids too, much more versatile, you can install whatever you want on them (including a new OS) and you're not at the mercy of a big douchey company that loves to make proprietary stuff (adapters, cables, etc).
    But there's no denying the Apples are sexier from a design and user experience standpoint.

And in terms of battery life it's a mixed bag, my Moto X is the best phone I've ever had, it will last me almost 2 days on a charge with medium to heavy use (emails, txt, music, movies, browsing) but my Samsung tablet is terrible for battery life, IPad is much better I find.