View Poll Results: Fantasy Hockey's Most Frustrating WHYDFML player - FINAL VOTE

Voters
64. This poll is closed
  • Mike Green

40 62.50%
  • Rick Nash

24 37.50%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cage Match Tourney - WHYDFML players FINALS

The Magnificent One

Default Cage Match Tourney - WHYDFML players FINALS

It's down to Mike Green vs. Rick Nash in the battle to determine fantasy hockey's most frustrating "what have you done for me lately" player to own, and to see who advances to next week's semi-finals of the tournament to crown fantasy hockey's most frustrating player.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Cage Match Tourney - WHYDFML players FINALS

I voted Green last time so he was an easy vote for me this time.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Went with Nash but these two are close. At least Green has some injuries to blame things on. Outside of this last season Nash has typically had good health. There's no reason he can't be an 80 point player, yet he's never hit that number.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Star

Hard to decide, but I decided on Nash. I think he caries a higher value than what he actually produced.

The Wolverine

Nash for me. I would get sucked into his potential more than Green recently. And I've owned both on numerous occasions in recent years.

The Great One

Nash all day.

Dobber Sports Genius

I went with Nash since he has never reached his expected upside. Mike Green was frustrating 4 years ago, by now though he just is what he is.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Mike Green.. His numbers fell like the economy in the 1930's..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I voted Nash I have expected so much more from him.
    8 Team Keeper League
    Points Only League. 10F, 4D, 1G active.
    Keep 15 end of year - any position & re-draft 5 + 3 IR.
    Scoring Cats - Goals (1), Assists (1)

Goalie Cats - Win (2), SO (3)

F - Crosby, Giroux, Iginla, Ovechkin, Parise, Nugent-Hopkins, Seguin, Johansen, Nash, Yakupov, Semin

D - Barrie, Letang, Shultz

G - Fleury

Dobber Sports Ninja

I voted for Green in the end, but it was close.

I...am your father.

Nash for me. With Green, you already know what you're getting - a guy hurt all year.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Icon

Green because he had 2 full seasons where he was over a point per game but has been hovering around 1/2 a point per game over the past few seasons.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Nash, because after all the disappointments, I remember that he was a #1 overall pick to boot. One of the worst first overall picks in the last many years (from a fantasy perspective) and I always get excited by draft pedigree.
    10-Team, Custom Keeper. In this league GMs sign their own contracts at an auction for a specified price and term up to 4 years.

G(3) A(2.5) +/- (0.5) SOG(0.1) FOW/FOL (0.05) HTS(0.1) BKS (0.1)

2C - McDavid, Pettersson, Barkov, Kopitar,
    2RW - Lindholm, Perron, Reinhart, Killorn
    2LW - Draisaitl, Svechnikov, Schenn
    3FWD From above FWDs
    6D - Karlsson, Dahlin, Gustafsson, Theodore, Edler
    2G - Varlamov, Greisss, Murray, Mrazek

IR - Hamilton

6FARM - Kakko, Mittelstadt, Francouz, Borgstrom

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I voted for the douchier of the two players... not gonna say who.

The Great One

Green is funny- i just moved him- I basically just dont buy it anymore- injuries aside. I mean thats a big part of it but theres more. I feel like those two big seasons were so intrinsically linked to Ovi. Not only was Alex in straight up beast mode then- Boudreaus style catered to his roving- not even catered- it was BUILT around it. it seems to me (and i could be wrong)- that Green was such a huge benefactor of that (especially being a rover himself). I mean in even in his prime he got passed over on team Canadas olympic squad. Thats such a huge thing- I mean I understand hes got defensive shortcomings but you're telling me an 80+ point player, with 30+ goals cant make that team?? His decline- while centered around injuries- also ominously coincided with the caps bringing in other coaches who were trying to mould Ovi into more of a defensively responsible player- trying to implement systems where player accountability and coverage was paramount. I feel like those seasons were the abberation. I think he is what he is- a talented offensive d-man who can hit 50 if he stays healthy over a full season. Hes also a huge injury concern, a defensive liability and also not even the best d-man on his team anymore- capable of swinging much lower in the wrong situation. I think hes more comparable to a Marek Zidlicky than a Paul Coffey. I think those two seasons were just right place at the right time- and as a poolie- Im gonna proceed as if thats the case.

Nash on the other hand is SOOO frusterating. You can see his talent- and you can also see the doughnuts on the scoresheet at the end of the night. He goes to NYR to be in a more competetive environment- than proceeds to take shifts/periods/whole games off in the most competetive setting imaginable. Totally baffling...