Thread: Top 30 calls in Hockey History

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Top 30 calls in Hockey History

I dont know who put this together but no way Paul Hendersons goal should be anywhere near as low as it is. "Henderson takes a wild stab at it....."

Either way, still some great memories in there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Top 30 calls in Hockey History

That was really nice to relive all of these memories.

But with some of these I just don't agree. I love Bourque but there is no way that it is "the greatest call"! Over "Do you believe in miracles?" No way. Also the Rangers winning in 1994 should have been much higher. After 54 years of waiting that was a perfect call at the end of the game.

The Wolverine

Cool to relive those again - some goosebumps for sure. Yeah there were some questionable ones but that's always up for debate. In terms of the call only, not focusing on the significance of the event, I think my all-time favourite is May Day!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I watched the first 7 highlights just now... I don't really get it... some of the "calls" are actually agonizing.
    Just because it's a Stanley Cup win doesn't make it a great call.
    Henderson at #29?

I feel bad not watching the whole thing... but it looks like a random dump in list.
    Ovechkin's goal was a great call, but nothing fantastic about the call itself.

Thanks for the link though.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I watched the first 7 highlights just now... I don't really get it... some of the "calls" are actually agonizing.
    Just because it's a Stanley Cup win doesn't make it a great call.
    Henderson at #29.

I feel bad not watching the whole thing... but it looks like a random dump in list.
    Ovechkin's goal was a great call, but nothing fantastic about the call itself.

Thanks for the link though.
    Ya it was like there really wasnt much thought into the calls. Thats why I couldnt understand why Henderson barely made the list.

As horrorfan said though, it sure was cool reliving some of those old clips.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."