Thread: Adam Larsson?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Adam Larsson?

Is this guy going to be anything special? I know he's young and its difficult to determine, he probably needs some seasoning but what do you guys think he will be able to produce? 30+ points a possibility? Will he be in Jersey or AHL time be beneficial for him this year? I just want to know some info on him

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Adam Larsson?

Been a flop so far. high draft pick, so there is potential there but as with all dmen and especially on nj its going to take time. He did show flash's of something last season in the ahl. I'm not holding my breathe though. I do believe he will be full time this season but merrill and gelinas may have already leapfrogged him in the depth charts with severson possibly starting to nip at his heels a bit. This season will definitely be his sink or swim season, but in the long run i think he's going to be one of those guys that nj loves on their team but dosnt produce great fantasy numbers.
    Fwds: Benn, Hertl, Backstrom, Coleman, W.Karlsson, Marchand, Mcdavid, Bergeron, A.svechnikov, Malkin, W.Nylander, toffoli.

Dfnse: Deangelo, Fox, Hronek, Ristolainen, Giordano, Letang

Goalie: Samsonov, Binnington

Rsrvs: Radulov, bjorkstrand, buchnevich, krebs, sanford, Grzelcyk, Suter, M.Lehtonen, Severson, Spurgeon, K'andre Miller, Allen, Mrazek, Prosvetov, Vanecek

12-team Keeper. Rotisserie.
    G,A,+/-,Hits,Blks,Pim,Sog,PPP,HT,SHPTS,W,Spct,Gaa,SO,Svs

Dobber Sports Stud

With all the time he's spent in the press box the past three years I bet he'll turn into a pretty good coach one day.

But in all seriousness, I'm pretty shocked at the turn Larsson's career has taken. On draft day he seemed like a slam dunk, especially landing in NJ, but he's been anything but that since then.

Ridethesnow said it perfectly, it's sink or swim this year. He can't go through waivers and he's on a one year contract so if he wants to play in NJ he better step his game up.

I hate trying to project out D men like this. Guys like Doughty jump in and get it right away, guys like Hedman break out in year 5 and guys like Erik Johnson are still trying to get it. Hopefully all the new Ekblad owners don't have to deal with this!

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think he's a marginal buy low, but I would never see more than 30 points from him, so if your league is focused on points then he is not going to hold a ton of value. He's shown only marginal offense, even at the AHL level, and these guys coming over from the SEL are getting harder to peg, in terms of offensive ability these days. I do think he's still going to carve out a decent career for himself, and might even turn into a really solid blueliner in the end, but it won't be for his offense.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think he's got a good change to turn his fortunes around still. Dmen take so long to typically produce at a good clip that it's tough to project if they're washed up sometimes or if they're just about to break out.

Fantrax 18-Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G), 25/30
    Unlimited call-ups = 134 gms
    G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, W, GAA, S, SV%

C: Stamkos, Stepan, Little, T.J.
    W: Kessel, MaGranlund, Simmonds, Landeskog, Hall, Lucic, B.Ritchie, Burakovsky
    D: Gogo, Keith, Leddy, Dumba, Barrie, Forbert,
    G: Rask/Anderson/Mason
    B: Filppula/Hartman/Vrbata/Clendening

Farm: Chartier, Forsbacka Karlsson, Bowers, Chmelevski, Geekie, Gourde, AMorand, MShaw, Haapala, Merkley, Katchouk, Korshkov, Kovacs, Shinkaruk, Lindblom, O'Regan, Bear, Bengtsson, Jokiharju, Kylington, Paigin, Grzelcyk, Stanley, Vaakanainen, Koekkoek, Walman, Fitzpatrick, Berube, Pickard, Zhukov

Dobber Sports Master

I think I heard people say the same thing about Victor Hedman after his third season too. Mind you, Hedman didn't sit in the press box as much that year, but I bet you wouldn't trade him away now if you had him. Defensemen take time, and I think he can consistently reach 30+ points in a couple more years.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I think I heard people say the same thing about Victor Hedman after his third season too. Mind you, Hedman didn't sit in the press box as much that year, but I bet you wouldn't trade him away now if you had him. Defensemen take time, and I think he can consistently reach 30+ points in a couple more years.
    Hedman was not bouncing around in the AHL at the same time, and was also providing (from a fantasy hockey perspective) some really juicy PIM. You're right that young D-men take longer than normal, but he's not tracking near as well as he should be given his draft pedigree.