Thread: Rank these goalies for 2014-2015

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Rank these goalies for 2014-2015

Pekka Rinne
    Antti Niemi
    Jonathan Bernier
    Braden Holtby
    EDIT: add Mike Smith to the mix

Factor in W, Saves, GAA, SV% and shutout.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Rank these goalies for 2014-2015

very tough without knowing what will happen to Niemi

assuming he stays put my list is

Niemi
    Rinne
    Holtby
    Bernier

Holtby and Bernier are pretty close to even, Holtby has a higher upside given his situation but if he doesn't figure out how to get out of his own head this offseason it will not matter

none of these guys are the most appealing of choices given the clouds surrounding all of them of course

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Ace

Rinne
    Holtby
    Bernier
    Niemi
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baby View Post
    Rinne
    Holtby
    Bernier
    Niemi
    This is what my rankings would look like, also.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    very tough without knowing what will happen to Niemi

assuming he stays put my list is

Niemi
    Rinne
    Holtby
    Bernier

Holtby and Bernier are pretty close to even, Holtby has a higher upside given his situation but if he doesn't figure out how to get out of his own head this offseason it will not matter

none of these guys are the most appealing of choices given the clouds surrounding all of them of course
    Hmm. I suppose you never know with SJ because they want to make changes, but I would guess they fail to move Niemi. The goalie market is flooded, and I havent even heard rumours of the Sharks shopping him. I know that they don't really trust Niemi, but like Pittsburgh stuck with Fleury, SJ will probably go back to Niemi and hope for decent results.

My own list:
    Rinne
    Niemi
    Bernier
    Holtby

Rinne was at one point considered the best goalie in the game. He's sort of like a Quick in that his stats don't necessarily live up to the hype all the time, but he's still pretty damn good. He's still a big name too, so he has trade value.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Ronnie
    Birmingham
    Berliner
    Holtby

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Stupid kindle auto correct sucks wit hockey names
    Rinne
    Niemi
    Bernier
    Holtby

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Ronnie
    Birmingham
    Berliner
    Holtby
    A whole lot of bridges in Birmingham ... what's that over there? Dry ice factory? Good. Place. To. Get some thinking done!
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Rinne
    Holtby
    Bernier
    Niemi

** I would have Niemi higher but I'm thinking Stalock carves a nice slice of playing time away from him.

Rinne, Holtby and Bernier will be their teams legit #1 tenders all season.

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    Pekka Rinne
    Antti Niemi
    Jonathan Bernier
    Braden Holtby

Factor in W, Saves, GAA, SV% and shutout.

Dobber Sports Sage

Holtby (I know! Crazy, but I think he is a good bargain entering this year...Trotz will sort it all out)
    Niemi (but his role is in jeopardy and he could see a reduced volume of starts, Stalock should see at least 30)
    Bernier (I think the Leafs will be a little better, and he will cede less starts to Reimer than last year)
    Rinne (I think the decline has begun for him, he has a wonky hip, and his team will have issues and that will hold his numbers down)

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Stupid kindle auto correct sucks wit hockey names
    Rinne
    Niemi
    Bernier
    Holtby
    I got a good laugh out of that. God bless autocorrect. I'll definitely be drafting Ronnie first if I can.

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Rinne - should excel now that he's healthy
    Niemi - the Sharks don't seem to be shopping him, so he'll get enough starts
    Bernier - even with Reimer gone, I'd keep him below Niemi for this year only
    Holtby - could be higher, too many variables.

Fantrax 18-Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G), 25/30
    Unlimited call-ups = 134 gms
    G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, W, GAA, S, SV%

C: Stamkos, Stepan, Little, T.J.
    W: Kessel, MaGranlund, Simmonds, Landeskog, Hall, Lucic, B.Ritchie, Burakovsky
    D: Gogo, Keith, Leddy, Dumba, Barrie, Forbert,
    G: Rask/Anderson/Mason
    B: Filppula/Hartman/Vrbata/Clendening

Farm: Chartier, Forsbacka Karlsson, Bowers, Chmelevski, Geekie, Gourde, AMorand, MShaw, Haapala, Merkley, Katchouk, Korshkov, Kovacs, Shinkaruk, Lindblom, O'Regan, Bear, Bengtsson, Jokiharju, Kylington, Paigin, Grzelcyk, Stanley, Vaakanainen, Koekkoek, Walman, Fitzpatrick, Berube, Pickard, Zhukov

Dobber Sports Ace

We all seem to forget that Holtby was on te fast track to super stardom before last season. He was coming off a fantastic statistical season and then Oates and Kolzig happened.

Because Holtby gave up a few bad goals against the Rangers in game 7 of the previous seasons playoffs, they decided to change or alter his style and move him further back into his net. I guess to emulate king Henrik.

The problem was that Holtby's style was just fine. It got him to where he was and didn't need to be tinkered with. Leonsis realized this and late last season, had sent a message down to Oates to have Grubauer sent down have Holtby start the majority of the teams final games. Halak would back up.

Holtby went back to his old style of play and finished the season strong, posting a 4-1-1 record with 2 SO's and a .942 SV%.

Management saw that their gamble worked and this offseason moved out Kolzig. Hired former Nashville goalie coach Mitch Korn (maybe the best in the biz). Went public saying Holtby is the teams undisputed starter and went out and got a career backup in J Peters to be his backup.

They also addressed the teams defensive woes by hiring Trotz as hc and picking up 2 solid dmen to solidify their defense.

Yes there are a bunch of variable here. But if we see the Holtby from the last 7 or so games last season and the season before. We could be seeing a huge year from him. Trotz will make sure this team is more responsible in there own zone. Which should really help Holtby.

One last thing. Holtby was in the top 10 last season in even strength SV%. It was the abismal Caps PK that hurt his numbers. Pittsburgh had the leagues best Pk last year. One reason for that was Orpik who is now a capital. Coincidence that the the pens grabbed him. NO! Newly hired assistant coach Gary Agnew, formerly of the penguins was definitely behind these signings. Washington had a plan and they executed it perfectly this offseason.

I expect big things this year from them. And Holtby.
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Ace

We all seem to forget that Holtby was on te fast track to super stardom before last season. He was coming off a fantastic statistical season and then Oates and Kolzig happened.

Because Holtby gave up a few bad goals against the Rangers in game 7 of the previous seasons playoffs, they decided to change or alter his style and move him further back into his net. I guess to emulate king Henrik.

The problem was that Holtby's style was just fine. It got him to where he was and didn't need to be tinkered with. Leonsis realized this and late last season, had sent a message down to Oates to have Grubauer sent down have Holtby start the majority of the teams final games. Halak would back up.

Holtby went back to his old style of play and finished the season strong, posting a 4-1-1 record with 2 SO's and a .942 SV%.

Management saw that their gamble worked and this offseason moved out Kolzig. Hired former Nashville goalie coach Mitch Korn (maybe the best in the biz). Went public saying Holtby is the teams undisputed starter and went out and got a career backup in J Peters to be his backup.

They also addressed the teams defensive woes by hiring Trotz as hc and picking up 2 solid dmen to solidify their defense.

Yes there are a bunch of variable here. But if we see the Holtby from the last 7 or so games last season and the season before. We could be seeing a huge year from him. Trotz will make sure this team is more responsible in there own zone. Which should really help Holtby.

One last thing. Holtby was in the top 10 last season in even strength SV%. It was the abismal Caps PK that hurt his numbers. Pittsburgh had the leagues best Pk last year. One reason for that was Orpik who is now a capital. Coincidence that the the pens grabbed him. NO! Newly hired assistant coach Gary Agnew, formerly of the penguins was definitely behind these signings. Washington had a plan and they executed it perfectly this offseason.

Nice post... this will be the koolaid for me!
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Stud

This hit my thoughts right on the head and then added even more new info, well done!

A few variables could alter my rankings, such as Reimer getting out of Toronto and SJ having an undisputed starter. For the record, I think Bernier flourishes once Reimer is gone.

I also think we see a sharp decline in Rinne's play. Sure he's talented and thrived under Tortz, but Laviolette's free flowing system is a nightmare for goaltenders. Just ask Bryzgalov, Bobrovsky and Ward. Three goalies who have proven a lot under other systems, but under Lav they were mediocre at best.

Holtby
    Bernier
    Rinne
    Niemi