Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2 for 2 swap

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: 2 for 2 swap

Quote Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
    Actually Tuukka 4 and Bob will do it for a 3rd time this year. Also bishop did it 2x in Ottawa as a backup. Bishop is the safer pick.
    I don't think you understand that as a backup he should have a higher save percentage. Now this doesn't come down to the actual trade in question (because in h2h I don't like banking on goalies - too inconsistent; so I'd probably prefer the toews side solely because of the player upgrade) but if you think bishop is a safer pick over price you are going to have some major difficulties in fantasy hockey.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Price is obviously good, but giving up Toews is huge. The difference between Bishop and Price isn't enough for me to send away Toews for Spezza.

The trade is JUST alright. I'd have hoped you have gotten someone better or more healthy or younger than Spezza. I wouldn't do it, though.

Fantrax 18-Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G), 25/30
    Unlimited call-ups = 134 gms
    G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, W, GAA, S, SV%

C: Stamkos, Stepan, Little, T.J.
    W: Kessel, MaGranlund, Simmonds, Landeskog, Hall, Lucic, B.Ritchie, Burakovsky
    D: Gogo, Keith, Leddy, Dumba, Barrie, Forbert,
    G: Rask/Anderson/Mason
    B: Filppula/Hartman/Vrbata/Clendening

Farm: Chartier, Forsbacka Karlsson, Bowers, Chmelevski, Geekie, Gourde, AMorand, MShaw, Haapala, Merkley, Katchouk, Korshkov, Kovacs, Shinkaruk, Lindblom, O'Regan, Bear, Bengtsson, Jokiharju, Kylington, Paigin, Grzelcyk, Stanley, Vaakanainen, Koekkoek, Walman, Fitzpatrick, Berube, Pickard, Zhukov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    I don't think you understand that as a backup he should have a higher save percentage. Now this doesn't come down to the actual trade in question (because in h2h I don't like banking on goalies - too inconsistent; so I'd probably prefer the toews side solely because of the player upgrade) but if you think bishop is a safer pick over price you are going to have some major difficulties in fantasy hockey.
    I get it, I was being a smartass. I just don't drink the Carey Price punch.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Stud

Bazz price is pretty much a bad ass and quite talented. Guys I'm in bass league he's new to hockey but an extremely fast learner he cool trust me. Bazz I know if you google the video from two years ago in the playoffs against OTW you will love price. He gets his teeth knocked out spits em into his hand and skates over to the trainor gives em to him and goes back to his net! That's when I knew he was awesome
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Well at the risk of sounding redundant, Toews is a top 3 C own, Spezza maybe top 20 mainly because of missed games. Also I'm not buying him in Dallas as the West is a tougher beast and with Degenerative Disc Disease (Results of Bulging Disc Surgery) he is not going to last. I like the insulation he has playing behind Benn and Seguin and did show some promising chemistry with Hemsky, but not enough to warrant moving Toews. As far as Price and Bishop go, despite the lack of a track record I like Bishop better for next year as Tampa has better top 6 on the blue line then Montreal, Price will have great numbers but I think Bishop gets more SO's due to blue line depth. I love Price, but not at this price.
    14 Team Cap League, 20 Keeper,4 C, 8 W, 6 D, 15 Prospects
    Forwards G,A,+/-, 1/3 PIMS
    Goalie, Wx2, SOx3, GAA, SVP, G,A,1/4PIM
    C: Backes, Kesler, Johansen, Johnson, Karlson, Wennberg, Gagner
    W: Parise, Hartnell, Simmonds, Kucherov, Callahan,Steen, Coyle, Maroon, Attkinson, Lowry, Lupul, Morin, Stalberg
    D: Letang, Subban, Keith, Klingberg, Del Zotto, Savard, Larsson, Schultz, Gudas
    G: Fleury, Quick
    Prospects: (Less then 42 games in a season)
    C: Nick Shore
    W: Beck, Erne, Paul, Duclair, Mashinter, Pakarinen
    D: Percy, Gormley,
    G: Khubodin, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    Bazz price is pretty much a bad ass and quite talented. Guys I'm in bass league he's new to hockey but an extremely fast learner he cool trust me. Bazz I know if you google the video from two years ago in the playoffs against OTW you will love price. He gets his teeth knocked out spits em into his hand and skates over to the trainor gives em to him and goes back to his net! That's when I knew he was awesome
    No I won't, I don't drink the price punch. Overrated by a mile.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Veteran

I guess you have never watched him play then. He is rated exactly where he should be: top 5 fantasy goalie, top 3 for real world talent.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Being a H2H I'd stay with toews.

Dobber Sports Genius

Hyperbole Bazz at its finest. You really are new to this game. Just a refresher below.

Named to the WHL West First All-Star Team in 2007.
    Won the Del Wilson Trophy (WHL Top Goaltender) in 2007.
    Won the CHL Goaltender of the Year Award in 2007.
    Won the Calder Cup with the Hamilton Bulldogs in 2007.
    Won the Jack A. Butterfield Trophy (Calder Cup MVP) in 2007.
    Won the overall Molson Cup in 2008-09
    Won the overall Molson Cup in 2010-11
    Won the overall Molson Cup in 2011-12
    Won the overall Molson Cup in 2013
    Named NHL Rookie of the Month in March 2008.
    Named to the NHL All-Rookie Team in 2008.
    Named to the NHL All-Star Game in 2009 (starter).
    Named to the NHL YoungStars Game in 2009
    Named to the NHL All-Star Game in 2011.
    Named to the NHL All-Star Game in 2012.
    Named best goaltender at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
    Won a gold medal at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
    Plus 2007 Jr. gold to boot.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Wizard

it is irrelevant if he is overrated or isn't overrated, the fact of the matter is that he has been doing it for 7 years now and to say that some guy who is a year older and has done it for 1 year is his equal is completely and totally ludicrous

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Banned

lucifer and others are right on the money for how I value Price, in my mind he his elite because he's relatively injury free and really consistent. To me that's the hardest thing to find in goaltending in fantasy hockey, I don't need a guy to be #1 in the league every season (though that's really nice of course), but I want at least one guy who is top 5 in at least half the cats consistently, and that is Price and that's a crapshoot to find in my experience, that's why I value Price highly in this deal.

but to those pointing to the Toews side because of Toews you have swayed me too, I simply cannot give up Toews for Spezza, I would feel dirty afterwards LOL

I'm thinking of swapping Purcell + for Spezza and seeing if he bites, I think I can work a deal to land a decent 2nd tier C to mitigate the loss of Towes after the fact...still the FOWs is a concern to me. What do you guys think? If I could get Purcell + Trouba for example would you like that deal better? I don't think he recognizes Troubas full potential, I just don't know what to expect from Purcell going forward
    Last edited by Vanek! at the Disco; July 13, 2014 at 3:26 PM. Reason: wrong player

Dobber Sports Wizard

if you can pull off a switcheroo all the more power to you, but your initial post led me to believe this trade came about because of his interest in Toews and if that is the case removing Toews likely becomes a deal breaker

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    lucifer and others are right on the money for how I value Price, in my mind he his elite because he's relatively injury free and really consistent. To me that's the hardest thing to find in goaltending in fantasy hockey, I don't need a guy to be #1 in the league every season (though that's really nice of course), but I want at least one guy who is top 5 in at least half the cats consistently, and that is Price and that's a crapshoot to find in my experience, that's why I value Price highly in this deal.

but to those pointing to the Toews side because of Toews you have swayed me too, I simply cannot give up Toews for Spezza, I would feel dirty afterwards LOL

I'm thinking of swapping Purcell + for Spezza and seeing if he bites, I think I can work a deal to land a decent 2nd tier C to mitigate the loss of Towes after the fact...still the FOWs is a concern to me. What do you guys think? If I could get Couture + Trouba for example would you like that deal better? I don't think he recognizes Troubas full potential, I just don't know what to expect from Purcell going forward
    Purcell disappears for long stretches at a time. Hot when riding Stammer's coattails.

Couture Trouba Price for Toews Bishop --> I'd take that deal. But if he wants JT, you will either have to walk or offer up another option with JT in it.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    if you can pull off a switcheroo all the more power to you, but your initial post led me to believe this trade came about because of his interest in Toews and if that is the case removing Toews likely becomes a deal breaker
    uh no, you misunderstood

According to our latest discussions he still gets Toews, just instead of Spezza coming back I would get Purcell+Trouba (probably, not 100%)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    uh no, you misunderstood

According to our latest discussions he still gets Toews, just instead of Spezza coming back I would get Purcell+Trouba (probably, not 100%)
    yes i did misunderstood that sorry, i think i read it a little too quickly and misread what you meant by swap

in that case i agree with COD, no on Purcell but yes on Couture

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max