Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 2 for 2 swap

Banned

Default Re: 2 for 2 swap

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Purcell disappears for long stretches at a time. Hot when riding Stammer's coattails.

Couture Trouba Price for Toews Bishop --> I'd take that deal. But if he wants JT, you will either have to walk or offer up another option with JT in it.
    so that's a no? LOL

the problem is that he's a Habs homer extraordinaire so he overvalues Price, so I'm already fighting that too
    I have Galychenyuk too so I've thought about dangling him in the deal to offset his douchey mancrush on Price but I'm not sure, I think Galychenyuk has solid potential on Montreal, 65-70 pts I can see

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    yes i did misunderstood that sorry, i think i read it a little too quickly and misread what you meant by swap

in that case i agree with COD, no on Purcell but yes on Couture
    Oh that's my fault apparently, sorry

I sub'd in Couture on my post unintentionally (I am trying to get Couture in another league!), no to clarify, the deal in discusssion is:

MY: Towes, Bishop

for

HIS: Price + Spezza OR (Purcell+Trouba)

Dobber Sports Wizard

i think the deal with Purcell is worse personally, i like Trouba and all but not that much, especially given how strong your defense is for a 12 team league

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    I guess you have never watched him play then. He is rated exactly where he should be: top 5 fantasy goalie, top 3 for real world talent.
    I've watched him play, he can be lights out or get shelled like everyone else. Some guys put a bad week, Price will put up a bad month. And whatever moron put all his midget, junior and whatever preteen awards he has I'm talking about the show. No vezina, no rings, if he's all everything he hasn't accomplished anything in his seven nhl seasons as far as serious hardware. I'm new to fantasy hockey but I'm not new to hockey. Overrated.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
    No vezina, no rings, if he's all everything he hasn't accomplished anything in his seven nhl seasons as far as serious hardware. I'm new to fantasy hockey but I'm not new to hockey. Overrated.
    I'm face palming so hard right now. The fact you can honestly think Bishop is a safer play over Price is something I will never quite get over. Just incredible.

Also: if you can, you should try to trade away Toews and try and grab Alex Burrows. Way safer play.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I love this thread. I thought I'd make it even more confusing. Very nerdy math so bear with me. Trying to be as objective to the conversation as possible. There are 7 F/D categories, 4 goalie categories, 15 F/D, and 2 goalies per team for this league. Let's take out shutouts and SHP, because they happen so sparingly, so 6 F/D cats and 3 goalie cats.

6 categories F/D
    15 payers F/D
    = .4 categories/player weighted average impact

3 goalie categories
    2 goalies
    = 1.5 categories/player weighted average impact

Let's assume Price will be 10% better across the 3 categories than Bishop. For Toews and Price to be equal in value, Toews would have to be 40% better than Spezza across the six F/D categories, as follows:

Price 1.1 value x 1.5 WA = 1.65
    Bishop 1.0 value x 1.5 WA = 1.5
    .15 differential category win

Toews 1.4 value x .4 WA = .56
    Spezza 1.0 value x .4 WA = .4
    .16 differential category loss

Without going into the math of each separate category, which is more plausible over the next 1-4 years, Price being 10% better than Bishop or Toews being 40% better than Spezza? Before you answer, last year--Price was actually 4% worse than Bishop, Toews was 10% better than Spezza.

I think the combination of there are only 24 starting goalies, and the fact that forwards generally have more consistency, would lean me towards Toews, but I just don't know if that is bad math. Bad math is my nemesis.
    12 Team H2H. Full Keeper
    G/A/Points/PIM/PPP/FOW/SOG/HIT/BLK/W/GAA/SV/SV%/SO
    Malkin, Seguin, Perry, Monahan, TJohnson, Wheeler, Lucic, Nichushkin, Drouin, Datsyuk, Hossa, Holland, Bouma, Nieto, Colborne, Prust, Jooris
    Subban, Savard, Dillon, Murphy, Prout, Petrovic
    Lundqvist, Rinne

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm face palming so hard right now. The fact you can honestly think Bishop is a safer play over Price is something I will never quite get over. Just incredible.

Also: if you can, you should try to trade away Toews and try and grab Alex Burrows. Way safer play.
    Carey Price blinders baby, one day you'll get them off and see the rest of the hockey world.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    W Svs GAA Sv%

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Veteran

Carey Price blinders baby, one day you'll get them off and see the rest of the hockey world.
    One can only dream.

We should also tell Crosby to take off the Price blinders too.

After that, maybe we can tell Yzerman and the entire Team Canada management that they shouldn't have had Price as their starter in the Olympics. For that matter, we should tell them Price should have stayed home and Bishop was the guy they wanted.

And maybe if we have time we can tell Dobber and Justin Goldman (regional goalie scout for USA Hockey) their fantasy keeper goalie rankings are wrong, and that Price shouldn't be at the top. Maybe they can bump price down 5-10 spots so Bishop can move in next to him.

Dobber Sports Padawan

One can only dream.

We should also tell Crosby to take off the Price blinders too.

After that, maybe we can tell Yzerman and the entire Team Canada management that they shouldn't have had Price as their starter in the Olympics. For that matter, we should tell them Price should have stayed home and Bishop was the guy they wanted.

And maybe if we have time we can tell Dobber and Justin Goldman (regional goalie scout for USA Hockey) their fantasy keeper goalie rankings are wrong, and that Price shouldn't be at the top. Maybe they can bump price down 5-10 spots so Bishop can move in next to him.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=713839

Thursday April 10th by your aforementioned Goldman, its ok clownboy.

As far as starting in the Olympics he's competing with mike smith and bobby Lou. Get the blinders off.

Maybe if he had the team Canada roster he could win cups, post more 30 win seasons, hit a 2.20 for once and consistently be in the .920%
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    W Svs GAA Sv%

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

Dobber Sports Veteran

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=713839
    Nice use of selective data. If you read the description, those ranks are for stats for the end of the season. Bishop finished ahead of Price because he had a career year - it has nothing to do with who is the better goalie, in one-year leagues going forward or in keepers.

Goldman actually has his Top 100 Keeper league goalie rankings on his website, which he updates monthly. They aren't based on who is simply having a slightly better season, as is the ranking you selected from. If you see here, you would note that Goldman agrees with most other people in hockey land (i.e. everyone on these boards, including Dobber) that Price is a top-3 fantasy goalie while most have Bishop pegged anywhere from 6th to 15th.

Maybe if he had the team Canada roster he could win cups, post more 30 win seasons, hit a 2.20 for once and consistently be in the .920%
    You do realize his stats are quite impressive given: Montreal was in rough shape for a few years and Price was facing a lot of rubber; and he is 26 freaking years old? But you are right, that stud Bishop at 27 with one season as a starter is a dang good pick.

Anyhow, usually going by consensus is a good way to remove bias and come to a conclusion. If you'll see here, the thread of most skilled goalie, you'll find Price at the top and Bishop either not mentioned, or around 6-8.

Note: I am not bashing Bishop, as I actually really like him as a goalie. He's big, he covers the net well, and I think he will be a top-10 goalie going forward. I just think it is absolutely ridiculous you think every person in the world overrates Price (but somehow underrates Bishop), and that Bishop is somehow the safer pick.

Dobber Sports Padawan

U
    Nice use of selective data. If you read the description, those ranks are for stats for the end of the season. Bishop finished ahead of Price because he had a career year - it has nothing to do with who is the better goalie, in one-year leagues going forward or in keepers.

Goldman actually has his Top 100 Keeper league goalie rankings on his website, which he updates monthly. They aren't based on who is simply having a slightly better season, as is the ranking you selected from. If you see here, you would note that Goldman agrees with most other people in hockey land (i.e. everyone on these boards, including Dobber) that Price is a top-3 fantasy goalie while most have Bishop pegged anywhere from 6th to 15th.

You do realize his stats are quite impressive given: Montreal was in rough shape for a few years and Price was facing a lot of rubber; and he is 26 freaking years old? But you are right, that stud Bishop at 27 with one season as a starter is a dang good pick.

Ignore I said any of this - I can see it isn't going anywhere. Pointless fight.
    You guys were talking about right now and next season. Now you're talking about dynasty, which is it? Btw Bishop is American so I don't think he could qualify for team Canada. I'm not fighting, I'm debating. Keep coming up with new rules clownboy.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    W Svs GAA Sv%

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper