Thread: M. Rielly or Barrie?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default M. Rielly or Barrie?

Have the opportunity to land one of these guys and was wondering how you would compare these two long term?

They both should get ample opportunity - Barrie is on the better team, but Rielly's the golden boy on TO's blue line.

G,A,+/- (Not the team in my sig).
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: M. Rielly or Barrie?

The next 2 years I'd want Barrie, 3rd year Rielly pulls even, 3+ Rielly is a run away winner.

Dobber Sports Genius

I think Rielly is the real deal....if he gets the opportunity this year in TO, he could surpass Barrie's numbers sooner than later....I would personally go with Rielly....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Padawan

Morgan for me.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Genius

Rielly for me. He will most certainly be kept as a keeper in our 24 man league, Barrie will most likely be draft eligible. Higher pedigree IMO and I really like what I've seen from him so far.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Monster

The sky is the limit with Rielly. His skating is ridiculously good already and his hockey IQ is through the roof. Barrie will also be an excellent player and he's in a better situation, but I think you can't ignore the talent of Rielly.

I think he's one of the few young dmen in the league with 70 point potential

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Long-term take Rielly.

Fantrax 18-Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G), 25/30
    Unlimited call-ups = 134 gms
    G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, W, GAA, S, SV%

C: Stamkos, Stepan, Little, T.J.
    W: Kessel, MaGranlund, Simmonds, Landeskog, Hall, Lucic, B.Ritchie, Burakovsky
    D: Gogo, Keith, Leddy, Dumba, Barrie, Forbert,
    G: Rask/Anderson/Mason
    B: Filppula/Hartman/Vrbata/Clendening

Farm: Chartier, Forsbacka Karlsson, Bowers, Chmelevski, Geekie, Gourde, AMorand, MShaw, Haapala, Merkley, Katchouk, Korshkov, Kovacs, Shinkaruk, Lindblom, O'Regan, Bear, Bengtsson, Jokiharju, Kylington, Paigin, Grzelcyk, Stanley, Vaakanainen, Koekkoek, Walman, Fitzpatrick, Berube, Pickard, Zhukov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Barrie has just as much talent as Reilly, and has already proven his ability at the NHL level. He's also on a team with a much better core surrounding him. I would imagine you'll pay a Maple Leafs premium to acquire him in a trade. I'd target Barrie for sure.

Banned

Long term they're going to produce similar numbers so either way you go you won't be disappointed.

But for my money give me Barrie. He's on a much much better team with a ton of offensive talent and he's already scored 38 pts in just 64 games!
    Rielly is a great talent but he's stuck on the Leafs who suck and continue a long legacy of sucking so his upside is more limited. Plus he's got a ton more competition to move up the depth chart than Barrie does, especially for PP time. Plus the media frenzy and always being under the microscope in TO is not going to help his development.

Go with the smart pick and ignore the Toronto hype, even if Rielly pans out and hits his full potential it won't be anytime soon, meanwhile you could be winning championships with Barrie

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would also go with Barrie if I had to choose today, I'm just not sure how long it's going to take Rielly.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    Long term they're going to produce similar numbers so either way you go you won't be disappointed.

But for my money give me Barrie. He's on a much much better team with a ton of offensive talent and he's already scored 38 pts in just 64 games!
    Rielly is a great talent but he's stuck on the Leafs who suck and continue a long legacy of sucking so his upside is more limited. Plus he's got a ton more competition to move up the depth chart than Barrie does, especially for PP time. Plus the media frenzy and always being under the microscope in TO is not going to help his development.

Go with the smart pick and ignore the Toronto hype, even if Rielly pans out and hits his full potential it won't be anytime soon, meanwhile you could be winning championships with Barrie
    The hype around Rielly far exceeds Toronto. People raved about him before he was a Leaf. The only reason you hear about Rielly a lot from Leafs fans is because the Leafs have a lot of fans. I don't think its overhype, maybe just overexposure to hype.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    The hype around Rielly far exceeds Toronto. People raved about him before he was a Leaf. The only reason you hear about Rielly a lot from Leafs fans is because the Leafs have a lot of fans. I don't think its overhype, maybe just overexposure to hype.
    Good point, it is difficult to separate the two when it comes to Toronto.
    Either way though, I think he's farther away from his full potential simply because of his environment and all that goes along with that. I also think expectations in Toronto invariably exceed what is actually possible

Dobber Sports Ace

Rielly for me. As a Toronto fan and resident, I watch a lot of Leaf games and this guy is the real deal. (have centre ice and watched many COL game too)

The skill and patience he has for a 20 year old is ridiculous.

Some nights he was Toronto's best dman.

27 points as a rookie averaging 17 mins.

He's a smart player.

Give him 35-45 next year and 55-65 the year after.

then give him $10m AAV
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    I also think expectations in Toronto invariably exceed what is actually possible
    Yup.

But Anybody who watched this kid play a lot last season (especially in the second half) will agree that he was the Leafs best D-man on many nights.
    And to further echo Big Baby, his patience can be ridiculous. He can really make the exciting plays happen.
    No Way I take Barrie over Morgan. Leaf fans will always expect the world, but Morgan is the real deal.